• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

Shalom Bib,

Jesus is our example, we should act, and react, in the same way.... with submission.

Amen, beautifully said. :blink:

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Biblicist
Thanks Vickilynn. In addition, this is the verse I was thinking about when I said that. Hebrews 13:17 "Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you."

They must give account, for watching over our souls! So make it easier on them by submitting to their authority, so they may do it with joy, not with grief. It makes YOUR life easier too! :emot-hug:

• Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

I do not stick with many threads..

a lot of them are just folks have fun or just wanting to debate or whatever..

but this is important..

More important than I have words for..

I have gone through hell because I did not see the need or the importance of being in submission to my husband..If one young heart is touched and is changed because they have read this thread I will rejoice ..

They will not have to go through all I did..

Family of God...how do we teach our young people Gods order for His people ....

Dear tah,

As I read thru to the end of this thread, I realized by reading the posts by those who are not real happy about the wives submitting to husbands, that therein lies the answer to your above question, and MANY questions about today's marriages.

WOMEN, believe what God's Word says about submitting. You may not agree with it, (and if you don't, then remain unmarried. OR better yet, marry a man that you are sure about with regard to "submission") Is his heart cruel? Don't marry him. Is he unloving towards God? Don't marry him. Does he behave as a tyrant? Don't marry him. Does he ignore your welfare? Don't marry him. Does he ignore the welfare of children? Don't marry him. Is he prideful and unwilling to be compassionate? Don't marry him. Is he irresponsible? Don't marry him. Is he a boy, rather than a godly man? Don't marry him.

Can God change all of these things in a man? Yes, when he becomes a born-again man of God, who desires the things and ways of God! That's why the Word of God does not want us to be unequally yoked. He desires for us to have godly offspring, by the training up of 2 godly parents. It begins with who and "how" we marry. Are we considering the man, or Our God, when it comes to marriage? It's much easier to submit, when we have a man in leadership, who follows the order that God gives him, as well:

Ephesians 5 again!

24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything. 25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29 After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church-- 30 for we are members of his body. 31 "For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh." 32 This is a profound mystery--but I am talking about Christ and the church. 33 However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.

Here is the true beauty and perfection of God's Order:

A man of God, will cause a woman to cherish HIS ROLE as leader, and rejoice in her submitting to him. She will respect and honor him, with the love of her heart, because he has shown her that he truly loves her, just as Christ loves the church!

It really is true, and if we would stop and consider, and begin to approach marriage, as a biblical matter, rather than just "how we feel" matter, there would be a world of difference in our marriage practices and longevity. It would also have a great effect upon our children.

In His Love,

Suzanne

I am requesting that the issue of female preachers, be left in the "Women Preachers" thread. PLEASE do not take this thread from it's original direction which is regard to the family order and role affect on our society.

In His Love,

Suzanne

For clarification. I requested that this thread stay off the "Woman Preachers" issue. And not try and carry over what was closed in regard to the other thread. This thread is about the above.

It might help if we really take the time to "read" each post and "hear" what is being stated.

In His Love,

Suzanne

More of the Beauty of God's Order:

I praise you God for my husband so true

Oh Heavenly Father, How I love you

I know when you created him you were thinking of me

Just like the song goes, this love is like I never knew it could be

When I am down, he lifts me up

When I am empty, You use him to fill my cup

He is an awesome leader in the Home

Leading us to pray for those who roam

I see the wisdom you have given him

To guide our family away from sin

I love the way that he leads as he follows you

Always seeking your face in all that we do

Sometimes the wisdom in Your word

That comes through him is like I have never heard

It just amazes me what You have done

You made him just for me "There can only be one!"

When he touches me I still get butterflies

I get chills when he looks in my eyes

It seems that as the years go by

I love him more and more as they fly

I still miss him so much when we are apart

I love him even more than at the start

Just when I think this love can't grow anymore

It just does ever since You sent him through my door

I know there are times when I am not the wife I should be

Sometimes the enemy tries to make it all about me

But looking in his eyes reminds me how this love came to be

Then I know even more it is not about me or him

It is about You, Father, keeping us from sin

My job is to serve You by serving my husband, this is true

I just pray that my husbands needs are before mine in all I do

Sometimes I get stuck on me and mess up and fall

Mike just helps me up and loves me through it all

There are times Lord when my back hurts so bad

I don't think I can take it anymore, I feel so sad

He takes my hand or just puts his arm around me

At that moment Heavenly Father, Your arms around both of us, is what I see

Then I realize no matter the pain, nor the suffering that is real

No matter how frustrated or discouraged I may feel

This is not all about me

My eyes are opened and again I see

This is all about You, Heavenly Father and Your will

You have blessed me so so so much appreciation and awe toward You is what I feel

I just want to say,"Thank You so much ,Heavenly Father,

For the love that You have given me

Help me Lord to realize and to always see

This wonderful gift of Your love and Mike's love

That You have so blessed me with from above

Thank You so much for putting Mike in my life

Thank You so much for allowing me to be his wife

Thank You for loving me as You do

Help us Lord to serve each other as we serve You

Help us to keep our marriage sacred before Your throne

And to allow You to lead us both and not try to lead alone

Help us Lord to be the family you want us to be

To keep You in front leading Mike and me

Again I say thank You Lord and I praise Your name, so true

Heavenly Father and Mike , I just want to say. "I Love You."

From Mrs Mike Irish

(Teresa)(1/23/08)

How God's Order works!

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

WOMEN, believe what God's Word says about submitting. You may not agree with it, (and if you don't, then remain unmarried. OR better yet, marry a man that you are sure about with regard to "submission") Is his heart cruel? Don't marry him. Is he unloving towards God? Don't marry him. Does he behave as a tyrant? Don't marry him. Does he ignore your welfare? Don't marry him. Does he ignore the welfare of children? Don't marry him. Is he prideful and unwilling to be compassionate? Don't marry him. Is he irresponsible? Don't marry him. Is he a boy, rather than a godly man? Don't marry him.

im not perfect but im not bitter.

some women approach scripture with a bad attitude and say "im not submitting. if he tells me to jump off the bridge that means i should do it?"

totally off the message.

the key is to pick a good God fearing man BEFORE you get involved.

Pick a man that knows scripture and lives it.

this is what youre saying.

Relationships/men are like bees. Dont pick one that stings but pick one that gives you honey.

just sayin'

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

Scripture clearly states that Christ is the head of the man and the man is the head of the woman...(1Cor 11:13)... Remember, Christ died for the church, gave His all for the church, denied Himself for the benefit of the church. This is not male chauvinism and cannot be interpreted as such. It is a position of denying oneself in preference for another. It is interpreted as chauvinism because of the curse of Genesis 3.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

Here is the true beauty and perfection of God's Order:

A man of God, will cause a woman to cherish HIS ROLE as leader, and rejoice in her submitting to him. She will respect and honor him, with the love of her heart, because he has shown her that he truly loves her, just as Christ loves the church!

It really is true, and if we would stop and consider, and begin to approach marriage, as a biblical matter, rather than just "how we feel" matter, there would be a world of difference in our marriage practices and longevity. It would also have a great effect upon our children.

In His Love,

Suzanne

That statement brings tears to me...

How I pray the Lord will help wives see the place God has them in..

It is a wonderful place to be a wife...

When I was young and foolish and listening to Christian messages on husbands and how they should be I rose up in my heart and said "Yes, That is what I want in a husband and boy mine does not qualify."

So I spent foolish YEARS looking at my poor husband and his faults as husband and saying to myself the order for a Christian man fails....

I was actually mad at Christians for preaching what men should be if men weren't going to be it...

Oh my but I am showing what a fool I was...

Embarrassing to admit...

I finally saw that it was not him in need so much as it was ME....

The order was not working because I was the one putting the monkey wrench in it..

I was not obeying ...I was not that virtuous woman who looked out for her mans welfare ..

I was looking out for mine..

Hard to love someone else when your focus is on you...

Now the tables have changed so to speak and I grieve when I think of the things I have done to cause him not to want to be a loving husband..

There have been a lot of Scriptures shared and all of them are saying focus on your role in Gods order..

It is husbands love not wives look at how your husband loves...

It says wives submit not husbands look at how your wives do not submit..

It says ...

Joh 15:9 As the Father has loved Me, so I have loved you; continue in My love.

Joh 15:10 If you keep My commandments, you shall abide in My love, even as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.

Joh 15:11 I have spoken these things to you so that My joy might remain in you and your joy might be full.

Joh 15:12 This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.

Joh 15:13 No one has greater love than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Joh 15:14 You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.

Joh 15:15 No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master does. But I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you.

Lay down your life...now that is submission.... :thumbsup:

Dear tah,

What advice would you give your daughter regarding getting married?

In His Love,

Suzanne

There have been a lot of Scriptures shared and all of them are saying focus on your role in Gods order..

It is husbands love not wives look at how your husband loves...

It says wives submit not husbands look at how your wives do not submit..

It says ...

Also, the above was one of those places that could easily have been overlooked....without much thought. I would like to just stop on it, for a few minutes and really consider what was said.

:thumbsup:

In His Love,

Suzanne