tsth

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

The relationship between women and Christ is very close to this passage.

there is something interesting about 1 Corinthians 11:3 that many just breeze by.

if anyone wants to hear it then let me know. well...many already probably knew why the

relationship between Christ and women are close. :thumbsup:

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

My daughter is a perfectionist...

Yikes!!

Her husband would need to be practically perfect in every way for her to marry!! :thumbsup:

But...

My first advice would be "Is he a Christian if not go to God and tell him what you are thinking about because He does not want you to get so involved with an unbeliever you would consider marrying "..

Then I would tell her if you will honor him as the one who protects and provides and you submit to his choices , after the normal discussion on what you think God wants and you disagree, then he will show you great respect .If he was wrong then grow up together..

If you treat him with contempt, as tho he is less that what God made him, you will hinder him in his role of loving you.That would be your bad...

Take all things to God together.. ..

follow him....

Big question..will have to think about it..

One of My daughter-in-law's will occasionally come over with something on her heart about her husband..

My response is always "Yes we do it wrong sometimes...Men are so different in how they do things..

It is just part of learning to see it through his eyes and realizing our view , as a male or a female, so differs.."

When she leaves she is always willing to give him the benefit of the doubt so to speak..she is no longer frustrated..

I always point out how he loves her.. and he so loves her...

He would die for her....

They have grown up nicely... :thumbsup:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

That statement brings tears to me...

How I pray the Lord will help wives see the place God has them in..

It is a wonderful place to be a wife...

When I was young and foolish and listening to Christian messages on husbands and how they should be I rose up in my heart and said "Yes, That is what I want in a husband and boy mine does not qualify."

So I spent foolish YEARS looking at my poor husband and his faults as husband and saying to myself the order for a Christian man fails....

I was actually mad at Christians for preaching what men should be if men weren't going to be it...

Oh my but I am showing what a fool I was...

Embarrassing to admit...

I finally saw that it was not him in need so much as it was ME....

The order was not working because I was the one putting the monkey wrench in it..

I was not obeying ...I was not that virtuous woman who looked out for her mans welfare ..

I was looking out for mine..

Hard to love someone else when your focus is on you...

Now the tables have changed so to speak and I grieve when I think of the things I have done to cause him not to want to be a loving husband..

There have been a lot of Scriptures shared and all of them are saying focus on your role in Gods order..

It is husbands love not wives look at how your husband loves...

It says wives submit not husbands look at how your wives do not submit..

It says ...

Joh 15:9 As the Father has loved Me, so I have loved you; continue in My love.

Joh 15:10 If you keep My commandments, you shall abide in My love, even as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.

Joh 15:11 I have spoken these things to you so that My joy might remain in you and your joy might be full.

Joh 15:12 This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.

Joh 15:13 No one has greater love than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Joh 15:14 You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.

Joh 15:15 No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master does. But I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you.

Lay down your life...now that is submission.... :thumbsup:

Shalom Tah,

Your post is so lovely and so encouraging!!

When I was young and foolish and listening to Christian messages on husbands and how they should be I rose up in my heart and said "Yes, That is what I want in a husband and boy mine does not qualify."

So I spent foolish YEARS looking at my poor husband and his faults as husband and saying to myself the order for a Christian man fails....

I was actually mad at Christians for preaching what men should be if men weren't going to be it.

I see a lot of that in response to G-d's Word. The women cry "Oh, poor me!" because they don't have a husband or theirs isn't perfect and they get angry, lash out at those bringing G-d's Word on wives submitting and justify their own rebellion by saying "Well, my husband isn't G-dly, he does this or that and so I don't have to submit."

This is the enemy's plan and women fall prey to it and it's SO sad to see!

But, you have reminded us that it it OUR roles to behave as G-d;y women, even if our husbands are not perfect, or even close! We are to love them, respect them and honor them because G-d says we are to. And His commands are not Dependant on their actions!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Shalom Suzanne,

While I agree with the "don't marry him" statements, we need to be aware and sensitive to the fact that is not always the case in the Body.

We need to address those Christian women who HAVE married those types of husbands and encourage them in how to react to those types of husbands who are not perfect and act poorly towards them.

And while some husbands change for the better, some do not. Does that give us women license to not submit or to violate G-d's order for the marriage? NO!!

We need to teach and encourage our women to follow G-d's ways, for His ways are right.

Titus 2:3-5

3 Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good, 4and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, 5to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled.

This is such a huge subject..

we have the framework ...

but each individual life involved needs to fill in their own details..and there is no cut and dry on that...

Example..I had a dear precious sister in the Lord about 25 years ago who had an abusive drunken husband...

When he was drunk he would on occasion pull out a pistol and play around with it endangering his life his wifes life and his children's lives.

She would on occasion ask me what to do..

Wow...I would be terrified for our well being and I would find shelter somewhere else...

She always prayed and asked God and always felt the Lord spoke to her to remain at his side..

Through about 6 years of this she always felt the Lord telling her to remain at his side...

Now...He is an amazing testimony of the Love and grace of God..a fine and wonderful husband and protector and leader for his family..

Shocking...

no freaking here..

I would never ever in a million years have encouraged her to stay in such a frightening situation..

But God sure worked it out for all of their good..

I had another sister in the Lord who prayed and prayed and prayed for her husband to be saved about 10 years later he was and when he was he took the leadership in the household and they ended up in divorce because she did not want to submit..

Gosh..a million different lives have a million different details that need to be taken care of by God Himself...

The only thing I would know to teach a younger woman is to seek God with all you heart and know and love your place in His order for you...

We have the framework already ..it has been shown over and again ..

Now its the details which I do not know unless I know the specific situation ....

Other than the Scriptures shared I would not know what to tell someone...

Titus 2:3-5

3 Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good, 4 and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, 5 to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled.

Guest Biblicist

I also have a very dear sister in the Lord who was in a difficult marriage. She began to submit to her husband, not just in word but in deed.

This year January 2 he accepted Christ as his personal saviour and he said it was her submission to him, her willingness to follow the word of God, no matter how he acted or how difficult it was, is what brought him to repentance and salvation.

It takes a lot of LOVE to submit to someone who does not love the LORD.

Now he is an amazing testimony as well. He's taken the role of leadership in his home and she, though still struggling, is taking the role of submission to his headship. She's so happy, he's so happy. Their children are happy. God has truly blessed them!

Myself on the other hand....My husband has never made it difficult for me to submit to him. He's an extremely loving, gentle, kind, man, a wonderful man of God. Well, anyway, I was going to say something but some of the participants in this thread would use it...So I'll... :whistling:

What a joyful testimony...

My husband would not have been hard to submit to if my heart had not been so hard..

He is not perfect but he is my not perfect and I am proud of him ...

Once God touched it and let me see my place it is "natural" to submit...

I hate it when I do things to cause him grief ...

Blind , I was so blind.... :whistling:

Oh yea...Suzanne..what would you tell your daughter? :whistling:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

This thread is temporarily closed.

The OP has repeatedly asked that the thread stay on focus.

I just deleted like 12 posts that looked like Romper Room antics. Accusations, maligning one another and mockery.

Come on folks? :)

Remember;

Mt

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Please stay on topic. :emot-highfive: