freedfromsin

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  141
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

Manie you are on my heart and mind, I am praying continuously..

Just remember what I said to you in pmland ok.

Love you much.

In today's church there has risen a practice by some that is both non biblical as well as disrespectful to the Lord. That practice is to pray unspoken prayers. Unspoken prayer requests are simply not biblical. They go against what scripture teaches as how we are to pray. No one in the bible ever prayed such prayers. One reason is that NO ONE can pray in faith while praying an unspoken prayer. If we do not know what we are asking we pray as those who tempt God with meaningless words without understanding. It would be like a child who goes to their parent and says the following. "Father just say yes to my request. The father says what is your request? The child again says just say yes." No wise father would say yes and neither does God.

The same is when we seek God with prayers without knowledge. We seek Him in vain and we sin. Yes He knows all, but we are also responsible to approach our Lord in understanding and respect and in the manner given by example in scripture. And let's be honest here. We may be asking for something sinful for someone else. The fact that we may be a friend to the person and trust that person does not justify going against the way that the Lord has commanded us to pray. The bible strongly warns against doing things our way. Psalm 81:12, EZE. 13:2,

May we not become like those of old who fell to condemnation of doing our own will instead of that of God. True faith praying needs to understand what we ask so we can say the Amen. There is a scripture that shows it to be wrong to say amen to that which we know not what we are say the amen to. It is in 1 Corinthians 14;

Else when thou shalt bless with the spirit, how shall he that occupieth the room of the unlearned say Amen at thy giving of thanks, seeing he understandeth not what thou sayest?

While this is dealing directly with tongues it also has application to praying without understanding as well as saying amen to something that we have not understood. Saying amen is an acknowledgement that what has just been prayed is of God and God's will. It is putting our relationship on the line with God saying that I agree with this and God should do this. Prayer is a serious thing and should be done with a great deal of concern and respect. Unspoken prayers violates any model given in scripture and so violates God's will for prayer.

So what should we do if someone asks us to pray an unknown prayer? If we love the Lord and love the person we should lovingly tell them that we cannot pray in faith without understanding what we are seeking God to do. If the request is too personal to share then they should find someone who they trust enough to share it with so that they can pray in faith. That does not mean that every detail needs to be shared. If someone needs healing say that. if someone needs saved say that. if someone needs to be set free from addiction say that and so on. There is no need to say that the person is a homosexual needing saved, or that the person has aids and needs healed or other details. We only need to have an understanding of the basic need. Again there is no need for exact details, but we do need too understand what the request is about so we can pray in faith. No one can pray in faith and not know what they are asking, NO ONE! It is impossible and we are commanded to pray in faith. To do anything less we sin and dishonor the Lord.

Now someone might bring up Romans 8:26 which reads;

Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

However this passage is not suggesting that we pray without knowing what we are asking for. It is saying that even though we know what we are seeking we do not know how to properly approach God. The word that is translated "ought" is the Greek word dā and it means; "it is necessary, there is need of, it behooves, is right and proper." In other words the manner we seek God is not totally understood. We simply do not know how to properly approach God in respect and honor. So the Spirit intercedes for us. However we are never to seek Him with prayers that we do not know what we are asking.

Now someone might say that God does answer unspoken prayers. Not so. What has happened is that God answered the prayer of someone else who actually asked knowing what they were asking. Those who pray without knowing simply dishonored the Lord and do no good at all, but actually are in sin. So let us pray biblically as well as honorably before our Lord doing so in faith. If we will do this we will help hinder the efforts of darkness from dishonoring our Lord and in doing so find that we are really part of God's answered prayer. God bless

I found a verse, I found a verse.. :taped::):32:

Ro.8.26 -KJV- "Likewise The Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but The Spirit Himself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered."

:emot-hug:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

I believe both are biblical.......

in James....... (paraphrased) it tells us if we have problems, or issues, we are to pray, (hit the floor with our knees and seek the Lord) if we are sick, we are to call upon the elders........

as has been stated in previous posts, that we are to pray, so the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing.....

I honestly do not believe every request has to be spoken out loud......

there are times that when I pray for some one that has an "unspoken" the Lord knows what the person is asking or needing (asking and needing can be two different things) I pray the Lord have His way with the issue....

some people think that prayers have to be out loud, verbally spoken to be heard by God, actually, God is the only one that can hear them when they are not spoken, even satan can hear them when you speak them..... except when praying in the Spirit.....

mike

:th_praying: ok here is another scripture for ya

isaiah 65:24 "I will answer them before they even call to Me. While they are still talking to Me about their needs, I will go ahead and answer their prayers.".....

my eldest daughter lomi sent this to me in an email and i thought it was quite fitting for this thread.

lv yr sis in christ

manie

waaayyy to go manie.. now if people could only admit they were wrong hay lol :th_praying:

:blink: ok here is another scripture for ya

isaiah 65:24 "I will answer them before they even call to Me. While they are still talking to Me about their needs, I will go ahead and answer their prayers.".....

my eldest daughter lomi sent this to me in an email and i thought it was quite fitting for this thread.

lv yr sis in christ

manie

waaayyy to go manie.. now if people could only admit they were wrong hay lol :24:

well dont think that's gonna happen anytime soon!!!

:foot-stomp:

I know what ya mean girl, I know what ya mean.. :24:

Ok I never thought about this until today actually so here I am again..

In all seriousness and in absolute truthfulness, I feel that I need to share what happened to me the day that I posted an unspoken request...

I felt so lifted up on wings of peace and rest and assurance that entire day that I would not be able to properly describe in the natural but that just completely disproves that unspoken prayers cannot be prayed for in faith believing God to touch and answer what HE SEES and KNOWS is needed. I didn't say who, what, when, where or how or even if the request was for me or not.. just that it had to remain an unspoken request.

That is my testimony that happens to coincide with this discussion so I'm sharing it with all respect to the naysayers. We don't have to agree just be agreeable and pleasant. :group-hug:

I already posted my heartfelt thanks to those of you that prayed.

:wub: I do indeed love you all very much according to Ro.5.5 ! :wub::amen:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

I am not a very good speaker and there have been times when my heart was so heavy and so broken that words simply did not come out. However, I serve an awesome and glorious God, who knows my deepest thoughts and needs. I pray aloud to Him and I pray in silent meditation to Him. There are even times that I pray to Him by writing my words in a journal. They are prayers from my heart. I believe that God hears and sees them. Bless you.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/03/1948

((((((((((((Manie & Wanda)))))))))))) LOL!!! I agree with you two, and with ((((((((Believer)))))))))! I am sure that freedfromsin will give thought and prayer to what has been posted. We all need to have teachable spirits, lest we exalt ourselves and are brought down low by God. I do understand a bit where free was/is coming from, but it really IS a matter of the heart/spirit!

We should understand, and pray therein, but we are also exhorted to pray in the Spirit. We know that the Holy Ghost praying through us, ONLY prays according to God's will, and is completely informed/knowing/understanding of the need(s) He is praying for!

One thing I would like to add though: IT IS NEVER A 'MISS' or WRONG TO PRAY "HIS WILL BE DONE"!!!! NEVER!!!

I pray, what I believe is according to His will and His Word, but always end with... lest I error in this, it is YOUR will I desire; YOUR will, not my own, be done!!! (Not always in those EXACT words, but you know what I am saying.)

I don't know you, freedfromsin, but I believe you love the Lord Jesus, and I encourage you in His Love. May God's will be done in, for, from, and with you! * Wink *

Manie and Wanda, it is sooooooooo good to see Sisters encourage one another, pray for one another, love one another! Believer does this also! I hope to get much closer to you all, as well as others at this site! * Keeping you all in prayer *

I am...

Happy to be His,

~ Linda ~

:th_praying: Linda aka Jimlas, Thankyou for the affirmation! :blink:

TTYS..

Guest Hannahson

"Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican"

"The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican"

"I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess"

"And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner"

"I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted"

Luke 18:10-14

"The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand"

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him"

John 3:35-36

:21:

In today's church there has risen a practice by some that is both non biblical as well as disrespectful to the Lord.

That practice is to pray unspoken prayers.

Unspoken prayer requests are simply not biblical

:cool:

Today's Church

"And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved" Acts 2:46-47

And The Treasure Payed For Her

"Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood" Acts 20:28

:21:

Bible Check

"Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee" Psalms 119:11

Heart Check

"Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him" John 14:23

Prayer Check

We Know Not What We Should Pray For

Prayer Really Is Nobody's Business But God's Business

"And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him." Matthew 6:5-8

And Trusting The Holy Ghost Is Never Disrespectful

"Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God" Romans 8:26-27

And Dear Gerald The Best Is Yet To Come

"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him" 1 Corinthians 3:9

The Work Of The Spirit In Prayer Is Biblical

"Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints" Ephesians 6:18

So Pray Evermore

"Pray without ceasing" 1 Thessalonians 5:17

And Stifle Not

"Quench not the Spirit" 1 Thessalonians 5:19

The Spirit

"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation" 2 Peter 1:20

Dear One

;)

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

:noidea:AMEN[/b]