~~ angelique ~~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,166
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  0

how is the man told to treat his wife good idea for some teaching that has not been as readily discussed as others :whistling:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

If Christians are going to be legalistic about this "women" issue, ....

Shalom Lady,

Legalistic in regards to walking our G-d's Word exactly as it's written? You say that like it's a bad thing! :laugh:

G-d's Word says it, we are to obey it, period.

where are the threads about MEN loving women as Christ loved the church? If men were being who they are supposed to be maybe the women would not take issue.

This is called rebellion by justification. :whistling: You see, no place in the Scriptures does it state that a woman's submission is contingent upon her husband's love. Sorry, it doesn't work that way. We each have to walk in G-d's ways and we can't blame our disobedience on someone else.

Lookee here, this tells us what the woman is to do in her home. There are no escape clauses or exceptions. It is a simple but powerful command.

18 Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord.

Then let me turn the topic of this discussion to the man's role in the marriage:

Are not MEN supposed to love their wives as Christ loved the church? And, what are the results in the church when they are not assuming their role?

good question....I'm up for hearing this one!!

• Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

Well then the GREAT DEBATE can also be pointed back to the fall and if I had questions in my mind regarding these silly quarrels, I would probably look at things a bit differently and see that even the debate about it has the enemies fingerprints ALL over it and rebuke the devil in Jesus name!

Shalom,

Where do you see the enemy here in G-d's command?

Colossians 3

You can rebuke the enemy all you like, but G-d's commands stand and you can't rebuke them.

no but I sure can rebuke the enemy for playing on our minds playground that pushes us to become ugly with one another over the topic and the fact that it takes up a whole of time from doing what we are supposed by be doing like ministering unto each other with love, patience, understanding, kindness, longsuffering etc.....and I can rebuke the enemy for playing with the pride that we have that makes it oh so important for us to be right no matter the cost or who we hurt in the process...I sure can do that and I will..... :whistling:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  06/24/1968

If Christians are going to be legalistic about this "women" issue, ....

Shalom Lady,

Legalistic in regards to walking our G-d's Word exactly as it's written? You say that like it's a bad thing! :laugh:

G-d's Word says it, we are to obey it, period.

where are the threads about MEN loving women as Christ loved the church? If men were being who they are supposed to be maybe the women would not take issue.

This is called rebellion by justification. :whistling: You see, no place in the Scriptures does it state that a woman's submission is contingent upon her husband's love. Sorry, it doesn't work that way. We each have to walk in G-d's ways and we can't blame our disobedience on someone else.

Lookee here, this tells us what the woman is to do in her home. There are no escape clauses or exceptions. It is a simple but powerful command.

Then let me turn the topic of this discussion to the man's role in the marriage:

Are not MEN supposed to love their wives as Christ loved the church? And, what are the results in the church when they are not assuming their role?

good question....I'm up for hearing this one!!

From Ephesians 5:

17 Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is.

18 And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit,

19 speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord,

20 giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,

• Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

Shalom Lady,

Of course they are. But, it is not a woman's job to make them. It is a woman's job to walk in G-d-given role, whether the husband does or not.

Let's look at Colossians 3 again:

As I said before, there is no exception, no loophole, no excuse for not obeying this Scripture.

Then, it goes on to address men and children in their:

9Husbands, love your wives, and do not be harsh with them.

20Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord.

We EACH have our roles and we EACH are to obey them.

Well then the GREAT DEBATE can also be pointed back to the fall and if I had questions in my mind regarding these silly quarrels, I would probably look at things a bit differently and see that even the debate about it has the enemies fingerprints ALL over it and rebuke the devil in Jesus name!

Shalom,

Where do you see the enemy here in G-d's command?

Colossians 3

You can rebuke the enemy all you like, but G-d's commands stand and you can't rebuke them.

no but I sure can rebuke the enemy for playing on our minds playground that pushes us to become ugly with one another over the topic and the fact that it takes up a whole of time from doing what we are supposed by be doing like ministering unto each other with love, patience, understanding, kindness, longsuffering etc.....and I can rebuke the enemy for playing with the pride that we have that makes it oh so important for us to be right no matter the cost or who we hurt in the process...I sure can do that and I will..... :laugh:

Shalom,

Good for you! I hope it helps you! :whistling: We STILL are responsible for obeying G-d's commands.

Shalom Lady,

Of course they are. But, it is not a woman's job to make them. It is a woman's job to walk in G-d-given role, whether the husband does or not.

Let's look at Colossians 3 again:

As I said before, there is no exception, no loophole, no excuse for not obeying this Scripture.

Then, it goes on to address men and children in their:

9Husbands, love your wives, and do not be harsh with them.

20Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord.

We EACH have our roles and we EACH are to obey them.

As I said, I am changing the course of this topic. It is no longer about the women. I want to know and understand the man's role and how that affects order in the church.

What is the result of men not doing the will of the Lord in this area? Are not they commanded to love as christ love their wives as Christ loved the church? I would assume that failure of a man to take his role would cause a domino effect of chaos.

Shalom Lady,

Good questions. When men are out of order they are miserable.

However, that is not an excuse for the women to also be out of order.

Our roles are not contingent upon one another's obedience, but upon G-d's Word.

So, if we have a husband who is disobedient, it is even MORE important for the wife to be obedient to G-d's Word and not ADD to the husband's sin, but to walk uprightly before him.

Here is exactly what we are to do, even if our husbands do not obey the Word:

1 Peter 3

1Likewise, wives, be subject to your own husbands, so that even if some do not obey the word, they may be won without a word by the conduct of their wives, 2when they see your respectful and pure conduct. 3 Do not let your adorning be external

What is the result of men not doing the will of the Lord in this area? Are not they commanded to love as christ love their wives as Christ loved the church? I would assume that failure of a man to take his role would cause a domino effect of chaos.

Shalom Lady,

Good questions. When men are out of order they are miserable.

However, that is not an excuse for the women to also be out of order.

Our roles are not contingent upon one another's obedience, but upon G-d's Word.

So, if we have a husband who is disobedient, it is even MORE important for the wife to be obedient to G-d's Word and not ADD to the husband's sin, but to walk uprightly before him.

Here is exactly what we are to do, even if our husbands do not obey the Word:

1 Peter 3

1Likewise, wives, be subject to your own husbands, so that even if some do not obey the word, they may be won without a word by the conduct of their wives, 2when they see your respectful and pure conduct. 3 Do not let your adorning be external

As I said, I am changing the course of this topic. It is no longer about the women. I want to know and understand the man's role and how that affects order in the church.

Shalom,

I've answered you, but since the "church" is made up of men, women and children, we cannot address men's roles without including women's. Sorry! :whistling:

When men are out of order and do not obey the Word, they are in sin. Plain and simple. What else do you want to know about it?