• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

If Christians are going to be legalistic about this "women" issue, ....

Shalom Lady,

Legalistic in regards to walking our G-d's Word exactly as it's written? You say that like it's a bad thing! :(

G-d's Word says it, we are to obey it, period.

where are the threads about MEN loving women as Christ loved the church? If men were being who they are supposed to be maybe the women would not take issue.

This is called rebellion by justification. :th_praying: You see, no place in the Scriptures does it state that a woman's submission is contingent upon her husband's love. Sorry, it doesn't work that way. We each have to walk in G-d's ways and we can't blame our disobedience on someone else.

Lookee here, this tells us what the woman is to do in her home. There are no escape clauses or exceptions. It is a simple but powerful command.

18 Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord.

Then let me turn the topic of this discussion to the man's role in the marriage:

Are not MEN supposed to love their wives as Christ loved the church? And, what are the results in the church when they are not assuming their role?

I think you mentioned a domino impact? Yes there is a domino impact when men do not fulfill their roles in a marriage.

So what are some of those roles? A provider (it does not even have to be the biggest salary, but they MUST work), a father, a protector of the home and the physical security of the home and family, the spiritual leader, gentle, and in the end the bottom line is consistent adherence to scripture in their lives which means a lifetime commitment to their marriage vows and to lead by an example of Christian living. There are more but those are a couple.

But the thing is if you are not married and a new Christian you should focus on your relationship with Christ first and foremost, male female roles in the Church are interesting and important to some degree but they are far from the core of what is important in following Christ.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/27/1981

The roll of the Husband is as follows:

----Submit to their wives! (mainly to her needs which is another topic in and of itself :emot-hug: ) or in other words "love your wives just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her" (Eph. 5:25).

----make yourself of no reputation and take on the form of a bond servant just as Chrst did for us (Phil. 2:7)

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

So, are we back to square one, of no designated "head" in the home???

Which is unscriptural, by the way....the term "submit" was not used for the husband.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  05/27/1981

Which is unscriptural, by the way....the term "submit" was not used for the husband.

In His Love,

Suzanne

The head is obviously Christ...The husband is the head of the wife and the wife is to be submisive to her husband...the husband is to take Christ's example to the church and treat his wife the same way...Christ was dedicated...called..."submitted" in other words to meeting our needs. He knew that we needed a savior so He died for us...awesome God eh? if husbands know anything, they know that their wives have needs...just like they do...so it really goes both ways but the husbands are in essence submitting themselves to their wives and doing everything in their power to meeting their needs. That is the roll of a husband. am I wrong on this husbands????

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

In His Love,

Suzanne

The head is obviously Christ...The husband is the head of the wife and the wife is to be submisive to her husband...the husband is to take Christ's example to the church and treat his wife the same way...Christ was dedicated...called..."submitted" in other words to meeting our needs. He knew that we needed a savior so He died for us...awesome God eh? if husbands know anything, they know that their wives have needs...just like they do...so it really goes both ways but the husbands are in essence submitting themselves to their wives and doing everything in their power to meeting their needs. That is the roll of a husband. am I wrong on this husbands????

I get your point.

Christ sacrificed Himself for us, we as men are to pratice sacrifice for our families in all that we do.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  526
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  05/03/1961

You ask for responses from men and then ignore them. Perhaps you wish for a shared authority model. Such a thing does not occur in the Word of God. The man is the head of the household. Simple. It is the design of God. All other variations are rebellion:

From 1 Samuel 15:

22 And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.

Mark 12:33

23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king.

Rebellion is witchcraft, and The Lord will keep rebels from their appointed purpose. It is a dangerous place to walk.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  06/24/1968

You ask for responses from men and then ignore them. Perhaps you wish for a shared authority model. Such a thing does not occur in the Word of God. The man is the head of the household. Simple. It is the design of God. All other variations are rebellion:

From 1 Samuel 15:

22 And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.

23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king.

Rebellion is witchcraft, and The Lord will keep rebels from their appointed purpose. It is a dangerous place to walk.

:) Where did that come from? I have been studying and haven't had the time to look into what has been written and I get this response? :)

From 1 Samuel 15:

:) Where did that come from? I have been studying and haven't had the time to look into what has been written and I get this response? :)

Okay, I see how that looks a little harsh: Sorry, that is not my usual way.

Are you seeking the way God has commanded men to treat their wives? Or are you seeking the God given hierarchy of authority in the church and the home?

And does this query have anything to do with your siggy?

Edit: We are commanded to love our wives as ourselves; and love does no harm to its neighbor. None, zero.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

Adarian,

I don't know if you have been following the threads that Ladyoflight has been posting, but she is a very, very new believer and has a lot of questions. We are all trying to help her along in her walk. She has come a long way in her walk and is trying to learn. She isn't trying to question a man's place, she is just wanting to know what it is and how the Godly men on Worthy view their role.

<>< ><>

Nathele

Hi Trusting Jesus,

I looked over my post there and had to kick my own backside.

I caught a few of the responses along the way in this thread and lost sight of the thread's originator. The post was not actually directed at ladyoflight. Just give me a second to remove the boot from my mouth............much better, so much easier to talk.

For ex,

"insecurity, passivity, small minds and legalism....."

"The roll of the Husband is as follows:

----Submit to their wives! (mainly to her needs which is another topic in and of itself taped.gif ) or in other words "love your wives just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her" (Eph. 5:25).

----make yourself of no reputation and take on the form of a bond servant just as Chrst did for us (Phil. 2:7)"