IGNORED

What is so unacceptable about Scientology?

Near

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Considering the large amount of threads on Christian forums about Scientology, I've come to ask the question what is so unacceptable about Scientology.

I look at these threads and posts that talk about it being something considerably evil, etc, but there is really no explanation of what it is that is so...horrible. Unless I am not looking correctly, or people are just overreacting over nothing, I'm still going to become confused.

Thanks for any clarifications!

~Near~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

http://www.worthyboards.com/index.php?showtopic=80009&hl=

Go look at this thread, kari explains their "beliefs" further in the thread!

http://www.worthyboards.com/index.php?showtopic=80009&hl=

Go look at this thread, kari explains their "beliefs" further in the thread!

Thank you, Scarletprayers!

Well...I have to say, I am still terribly confused.

I didn't even watch half of the video because it just didn't make any sense. So - what is in the video that Scientology is trying to suppress and not show to the world? To me, it sounded like a bunch of blah.

In my opinion, they are getting all their attention because of the fact Tom Cruise is in it. And what's with all the criticism over Tom? If he wants to be a Scientologist, that's his problem, not mine.

Really, can someone help me over here?

Edited by Near

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

I think part of it is simply the scammy nature of the scientology organization (I don't think we can call them a religion).

Basically they are just a spiritual Amway. You get money for bringing people in you have to "earn" your way to some sort of standing in the group, it is just really really weird stuff heavily focused on money and secrecy.

I don't know about evil, but they have covered up some violence at their Clearwater facility when they used a clinically depressed women and refused her please for treatment, I think she basically was a prisoner there who ended up killing herself. They are secretive and cultish basically it is something that all Christians should stay away from and warn our family and friends about.

They have a strategy to use Hollywood actors to plead their case.

I think part of it is simply the scammy nature of the scientology organization (I don't think we can call them a religion).

Basically they are just a spiritual Amway. You get money for bringing people in you have to "earn" your way to some sort of standing in the group, it is just really really weird stuff heavily focused on money and secrecy.

I don't know about evil, but they have covered up some violence at their Clearwater facility when they used a clinically depressed women and refused her please for treatment, I think she basically was a prisoner there who ended up killing herself. They are secretive and cultish basically it is something that all Christians should stay away from and warn our family and friends about.

They have a strategy to use Hollywood actors to plead their case.

Wow, that bold part is enough to turn my stomach.

I agree with you - this is not a "religion". This is just another sick scam that's pleasing on the outside but rotten on the inside.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  105

here are some stripped down facts about scientology:

they charge their followers a fee (in the thousands of dollars) for "salvation".

l. ron hubbard, the founder of this cult, derived ideas for the religion he invented from aleister crowley, who was an open devil worshipper.

Guest Gamaliel

I agree. I wish all Christians had the enthusiasm for the gospel of Jesus Christ that Tom Cruise has for Scientology. He's wrong, but he doesn't know it. We know what's true and right and we often fail to live up to the title of Christian. Ask yourself this question, If you were accused of being a Christian would there be enough evidience to convict you?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Considering the large amount of threads on Christian forums about Scientology, I've come to ask the question what is so unacceptable about Scientology.

I look at these threads and posts that talk about it being something considerably evil, etc, but there is really no explanation of what it is that is so...horrible. Unless I am not looking correctly, or people are just overreacting over nothing, I'm still going to become confused.

~Near~

I found the following at this site. If you do some research on the net, you will see that they want nothing to do with God.

Rather, Scientology is the study and handling of the spirit in relationship to itself, universes and other life. Based upon the tradition of fifty thousand years of thinking men, it is built upon the fundamental truths of life. From these principles, exact methods by which one can improve conditions were derived; and unlike other efforts of improvement, which offered only rules by which men should live, Scientology offers real tools for use in everyday life. Thus, it does not depend upon a system of beliefs or faith. The emphasis is squarely on an exact application of its principles toward the improvement of one

~Near~

I found the following at this site. If you do some research on the net, you will see that they want nothing to do with God.

Rather, Scientology is the study and handling of the spirit in relationship to itself, universes and other life. Based upon the tradition of fifty thousand years of thinking men, it is built upon the fundamental truths of life. From these principles, exact methods by which one can improve conditions were derived; and unlike other efforts of improvement, which offered only rules by which men should live, Scientology offers real tools for use in everyday life. Thus, it does not depend upon a system of beliefs or faith. The emphasis is squarely on an exact application of its principles toward the improvement of one