jackie d

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  146
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

What about the book of Job? Elaborate please.

Here is what is bothering me about your posts:

1)It sounds like you are trying to imply there is more than one way to God. And if there isn't, then he's a 'small' God.

2)It sounds like you are saying it's ok for us to live however and walk on the wide path, because we can repent at the last minute.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

What about the book of Job? Elaborate please.

Here is what is bothering me about your posts:

1)It sounds like you are trying to imply there is more than one way to God. And if there isn't, then he's a 'small' God.

2)It sounds like you are saying it's ok for us to live however and walk on the wide path, because we can repent at the last minute.

but that isn't what I am saying at all. So you understand I would NEVER suggest or say such abominable things to anyone.

the book of Job is a perfect example of how people make assumptions of what God is doing in another persons life and why....his wife because he has been afflicted tells him to curse God and die..his friends tell him that he has been afflicted for various reasons all of whom in the end are proven wrong by God Himself. God is angry with Job's friends and Job is required to pray, make offering and then is restored. The book is very telling of so many things but the point of what his friends do is very poignant and SHOULD not be ignored. AND God makes sure to tell them of how small and limited their assumptions and thoughts try to make HIM.

The small God was made up in the minds of those men who assumed God's purpose of afflicting Job and it made God very angry. Job knew the narrow path but He also had respect enough for Him to know that the narrow path isn't always what it looks like to the eyes of man.

If you have gotten from my posts that I would ever suggest there is another way to the Father than through the Son the only thing I can say is either read again and put aside what you "think" I am saying or I need to learn a new vocabulary. Personally I don't see what is so confusing about what I have said here. But I could be wrong....it's been known to happen. :laugh:

I dont take the narrow path to mean an easy life. I take it to mean a righteous life. So what you are saying, is we should never assume that when one experiences hardships such as illness, death of loved ones, house burning down or etc., that we should not judge them for it? :laugh: Well of course not! *scratches head*

Guest Biblicist
Evangelical Protestants often teach that no one can be saved unless they explicitly accept Jesus as their personal Lord and savior. According to this view, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Unitarians, Jehovah's Witnesses, and such are going to hell, to say nothing of agnostics and atheists. At various times, Roman Catholics and Orthodox have mutually condemned each other, as have Roman Catholics and Protestants. For hundreds of years, it was official Roman Catholic doctrine that there was no salvation for those outside the jurisdiction of the Pope of Rome.

Do we really believe that God is so limited, so weak, so ineffective that he can't find a way to save Abraham Lincoln even though he was Protestant, or to save Mother Teresa even though she was Roman Catholic, or to save Mahatma Ghandi even though he wasn't Christian at all?

The statement in red is plain, he is teaching that there is more ways to get to heaven than accepting Jesus as their personal Lord and Saviour. It's a "feel good" gospel, and it's wrong, un-Biblical. It's not my opinion, it's God's opinion.

The acceptance of Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Saviour is explicitly the way to salvation. Jesus IS salvation!

I would hope that you know me well enough now to understand that I love you and want to help you understand the wrong teachings of some. This is a wrong teaching Jackie. This man is a false teacher, and he has already been judged and his future is certain. Do not to listen to False Teachers. :laugh:

I would not listen to this man, no matter what he says, any more than I would listen to Oprah. False teachers never have anything good to teach.

Biblicist, if you say so....point being made has flown over the heads of many...I guess I'll just leave you guys in it. I appreciate what you are saying Bib, I'm not suggesting anyone follow false teachings nor am I caught up in false teachings. You've misread me...I guess I do need a new language...I give up. :laugh:

I dont take the narrow path to mean an easy life. I take it to mean a righteous life. So what you are saying, is we should never assume that when one experiences hardships such as illness, death of loved ones, house burning down or etc., that we should not judge them for it? Well of course not! *scratches head*

I have meant more than just hardships...but that's okay....as I quoted from Matthew 21 ""If I will that he remain till I come, what is that to you? You follow Me."

Jesus was telling Peter to mind his own business as to how ones narrow path is walked compared to another. *scratches head* indeed. :thumbsup:

I just got this incredibly humorous thought in my head of you guys picturing me living a life of debauchery here and telling everyone else...go ahead live how you like, don't worry about righteousness and being in alignment with the will of God in your life..just do whatever you want..it's all good!!!

It's really making me laugh out loud!! :laugh::thumbsup::wub::39::24:

Biblicist, if you say so....point being made has flown over the heads of many...I guess I'll just leave you guys in it. I appreciate what you are saying Bib, I'm not suggesting anyone follow false teachings nor am I caught up in false teachings. You've misread me...I guess I do need a new language...I give up. :laugh:

I dont take the narrow path to mean an easy life. I take it to mean a righteous life. So what you are saying, is we should never assume that when one experiences hardships such as illness, death of loved ones, house burning down or etc., that we should not judge them for it? Well of course not! *scratches head*

I have meant more than just hardships...but that's okay....as I quoted from Matthew 21 ""If I will that he remain till I come, what is that to you? You follow Me."

Jesus was telling Peter to mind his own business as to how ones narrow path is walked compared to another. *scratches head* indeed. :thumbsup:

Do you mean John 21? And what does that have to do with Job?

I just got this incredibly humorous thought in my head of you guys picturing me living a life of debauchery here and telling everyone else...go ahead live how you like, don't worry about righteousness and being in alignment with the will of God in your life..just do whatever you want..it's all good!!!

It's really making me laugh out loud!! :laugh::thumbsup::wub::39::24:

Yes, well you are leaving your point very open ended and not being willing to elaborate and give examples. Do you expect us to agree wthout us knowing what we are agreeing to?

Do you mean John 21? And what does that have to do with Job?

God was telling those "good intentioned friends" to mind their own business too and to not make assumptions of why, what, when, where or how God is going to do anything in someone's life. Both in Job and in Matthew, He's telling people to stop thinking with their finite minds and open their hearts and minds to receive what He has for each of them on their own outside of what He does with another. It's up to Him how it goes and no one should assume that they know how it should be done in another person's life. Nor should anyone limit His abilities......

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Ok - a bit in intrusion here. If I may?

It seems to me you are talking about two different things. Seems like Jackie is saying that our walk (sanctification) is different - that during that walk God draws and mends and helps and does things differently for each individual. That that walk is unique between oneself and God. I don't see where she is saying that the path to salvation is a wide one.

Am I correct in this, jackie?