jackie d

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  146
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

My understanding of this is a matter of personal conviction. I, for example, was convicted long ago to not listen to any music that isn't Christian. That doesn't mean that I find fault with someone else who doesn't have that same conviction. Someone else may have a personal conviction of spelling "God" as "G-D" even if they aren't a born-again Jew (I hope I said that right). Neither is specifically addressed in the Bible but both can be sin because of personal conviction. Neither is "putting God in a box", but both are personal acts of obedience.

And we can take this a step further and remember that those of a younger or weaker faith in Christ may be intimidated or scared into thinking that if they aren't where we are they are not on the right path with Him.

The biggest trick in the enemies bag is to make a believer think that they are not where they should be with God...the enemy feeds these lies to us by any means possible including through the "good intentioned" Christian.

I believe that we all must walk very carefully in this area and make sure that there is no undue pressure or demands on each other...for as Traveller so eloquently stated ".... our walk (sanctification) is different - that during that walk God draws and mends and helps and does things differently for each individual. That that walk is unique between oneself and God."

A perfect example of this is when I am told that I am being rebellious against God because I won't place an individual in an authority position over me. It has nothing to do with rebellion and everything to do with the fact that God is THE authority and my personal conviction is that if I am putting a human being in authority over me I am rebelling against God...and if I am asked to rebel against man/people or against God...I will choose man/people everytime. This is not to say that I won't listen and glean the things that are of God and take them with me...but what people say is not 100% gospel and I can't bend in that area, not ever.

Can you be more specific? What person? Your husband? Your neighbor? Your boss? Who?

any and all of the above.... :laugh:

Ok, so then you are including your husband and saying that you refuse to be in submission to your husband. Then you are going against the word of God. Let me guess..... you feel the Holy Spirit leads you to defy the word of God?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And what about our children, if our children accept our authority as parents, does that mean they are not accepting God's authority? Would that be putting our children in rebellion to God?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

My understanding of this is a matter of personal conviction. I, for example, was convicted long ago to not listen to any music that isn't Christian. That doesn't mean that I find fault with someone else who doesn't have that same conviction. Someone else may have a personal conviction of spelling "God" as "G-D" even if they aren't a born-again Jew (I hope I said that right). Neither is specifically addressed in the Bible but both can be sin because of personal conviction. Neither is "putting God in a box", but both are personal acts of obedience.

And we can take this a step further and remember that those of a younger or weaker faith in Christ may be intimidated or scared into thinking that if they aren't where we are they are not on the right path with Him.

The biggest trick in the enemies bag is to make a believer think that they are not where they should be with God...the enemy feeds these lies to us by any means possible including through the "good intentioned" Christian.

I believe that we all must walk very carefully in this area and make sure that there is no undue pressure or demands on each other...for as Traveller so eloquently stated ".... our walk (sanctification) is different - that during that walk God draws and mends and helps and does things differently for each individual. That that walk is unique between oneself and God."

A perfect example of this is when I am told that I am being rebellious against God because I won't place an individual in an authority position over me. It has nothing to do with rebellion and everything to do with the fact that God is THE authority and my personal conviction is that if I am putting a human being in authority over me I am rebelling against God...and if I am asked to rebel against man/people or against God...I will choose man/people everytime. This is not to say that I won't listen and glean the things that are of God and take them with me...but what people say is not 100% gospel and I can't bend in that area, not ever.

Can you be more specific? What person? Your husband? Your neighbor? Your boss? Who?

any and all of the above.... :laugh:

Ok, so then you are including your husband and saying that you refuse to be in submission to your husband. Then you are going against the word of God. Let me guess..... you feel the Holy Spirit leads you to defy the word of God?

that was exactly the response I expected from you...I said nothing about submission...I said everything about fallible man expecting me to submit to their authority regardless of their error......

Don't ever do that to me again:"you feel the Holy Spirit leads you to defy the word of God?" never assume that I defy the word of God...I defy the word of man who claims that the box of submission to man is where I fit.....never again. If you want to fit into it have at it...but never mock my love and passion for the Lord again.

Submission goes with authority. You submit to authority.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Enough ladies. Cool off - take a break. :-(