By Jesus Stripes I'm Healed!

ladygirl21

Healing  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in Healing?

• Yes
    • No
    • It depends
  2. 2. What can you do to encourage someone else who doesn't believe in healing?

• Tell them about Christ
    • Make up something
    • Direct them to a bible verse
    • Encourage them to pray
  3. 3. How Can you make a difference?

• Help some one who is sick
    • introduce someone to Christ
    • Pray for some body
    • All the above

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/24/1986

:thumbsup: Hi, my name is latonya. The topic I would like to discuss is healing. Do you believe that by Jesus Stripes you're healed? If so why do we as a people run and burden the pastor to lay hands on us? Are we afraid to go to Jesus ourselves? Is it because some times we don't know how to ask for healing? Are we asking for healing with the right motive? Why are we sick in the first place? is it a spiritual sickness or a physical sickness? I believe that only one touch from God can make it better! I believe we have not because we ask not. I think it is most exciting to go to God in prayer about such topics as healing.
IF you have a word or any suggestion then feel free to post it. I want to hear your opinions first. :cool:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  05/24/1986

A lot of people have something in life that they doubt. Even though many times I hear, By Jesus Stripes I'm Healed I have recently learned to doubt in God as being a healer. He allowed my mother to die of breast cancer and he gave my brother a choice to commit suicide. So I have great doubt in this area. I some times think of suicide but I do not like to talk about this for this is a personal matter and a personal fight within me.:laugh::laugh: I dont know if other people believe in healing and why? But I most certaintly don't! :laugh:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

I do believe in divine healing

... and so do I. I am just waiting for it to happen in my life. :laugh:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

All healing comes from God. The mode and the timing is up to Him

I think healing is real.

I believe faith is the key to healing.

Christ stated on several occassions that it was their faith that made them whole. It was their belief that Christ possessed the power to heal them. It was their belief that Christ was who He said He was. It was their faith in Christ that healed them.

Christ said that if we had faith the size of a mustard seed that basically nothing was beyond our grasp.

It all boils down to faith.

Peter walked on water because of his faith in Christ. As long as he kept his eyes on Christ he was ok, but the second he looked away, doubt entered his mind and he started to sink.

"Oh ye of little faith".

I have faith....but there's also that tiny little spot of doubt in the back of my mind. Oh how I hate that. I can tell myself a million times a day that there's no reason to doubt, but it's still there and it won't go away. Why do I doubt? I have no idea.

My dad died of cancer. I remember praying but I can't remember ever praying for him to be healed. He never reached out to God until the end. He confessed to me that he was sorry for all the bad things he had done in his life. Whether that made any difference to God, I don't know. But I do know he was reaching out to God. That's what I remember praying for. That God would accept him for who he was. I don't know if that made a difference. I like to think it did...but I don't know.

So ladygirl, don't give up the faith.

The road to redemption is a bumpy one. It has it's highs and lows. When you reach that point in life where you think you just can't go on any longer, just reach out to God. When you reach that point where you just can't take another step...Christ will take you in His arms and carry you. He will get you through all the bad stuff. He will never leave you...ever. That's a promise.

Peace.

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

I do believe in divine healing, and also believe God can heal you at home, just as he can in church. At the same time, we have these verses from James 5:13-16

13 Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.

14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:

15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

16 Confess your faults one to another; and pray for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Based on this passage, it seems appropriate to request prayer at church to receive healing.

As far as the poll questions go, I voted yes on the first question. On the second, one could have made the case for not only telling them about Jesus, but also leading them to a Bible verse and having them pray. The third one was obviously all of the above.

:laugh: It's interesting that James refers to non-sacramental "anointing" in his choice of Greek in verse 14. In NT times, oil was used often for its (perceived) medicinal properties. In effect, James says pray for the sick, but make sure they take their medicine, too.

EricH is also :laugh: . All healing comes from G-d, whether it's instantaneous, gradual or from a pill.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

All healing comes from G-d, whether it's instantaneous, gradual or from a pill.

Shalom,

Amen.

I didn't answer the poll because it was too limiting.

Of course I believe in healing, but the healing is up to G-d as to who, how and when. I don't believe everyone gets the same type of healing. My last one came through G-d using doctors, chemotherapy and other medicines.

Again,

All healing comes from G-d, whether it's instantaneous, gradual or from a pill.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  05/27/1981

I think healing is real.

I believe faith is the key to healing.

Christ stated on several occassions that it was their faith that made them whole. It was their belief that Christ possessed the power to heal them. It was their belief that Christ was who He said He was. It was their faith in Christ that healed them.

Christ said that if we had faith the size of a mustard seed that basically nothing was beyond our grasp.

It all boils down to faith.

Peter walked on water because of his faith in Christ. As long as he kept his eyes on Christ he was ok, but the second he looked away, doubt entered his mind and he started to sink.

"Oh ye of little faith".

I have faith....but there's also that tiny little spot of doubt in the back of my mind. Oh how I hate that. I can tell myself a million times a day that there's no reason to doubt, but it's still there and it won't go away. Why do I doubt? I have no idea.

My dad died of cancer. I remember praying but I can't remember ever praying for him to be healed. He never reached out to God until the end. He confessed to me that he was sorry for all the bad things he had done in his life. Whether that made any difference to God, I don't know. But I do know he was reaching out to God. That's what I remember praying for. That God would accept him for who he was. I don't know if that made a difference. I like to think it did...but I don't know.

So ladygirl, don't give up the faith.

The road to redemption is a bumpy one. It has it's highs and lows. When you reach that point in life where you think you just can't go on any longer, just reach out to God. When you reach that point where you just can't take another step...Christ will take you in His arms and carry you. He will get you through all the bad stuff. He will never leave you...ever. That's a promise.

Peace.

I've determined in my heart that God can't lie...that nips that doubt right out of you. "Double minded man is unstable in all his ways" (James 1:8). I'm not saying I've got this down perfect. I'm still growing in this as well as everyone else here is. And you're right, faith is the key to healing :online2long: so it was with the woman with the issue of blood (Mark 5:25-34). She heard it (Romans 10:17), she believed it, she spoke it, she acted on it, she got results :blink:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  05/27/1981

I dont know if other people believe in healing and why? But I most certaintly don't!

ladygirl...Can I ask if you believe that in heaven there is going to be no sickness at all?

I've determined in my heart that God can't lie...that nips that doubt right out of you.

You're right, God does not lie.

But everyone has that inkling of doubt. It's a part of human nature. You can't get away from it.

I know God's real. I know Christ died for my sins. Nothing anyone can say will ever convince my otherwise.

Peter walked and talked with Christ on a daily basis. He saw the miracles and wonders performed by Christ...yet he still sank into the sea.

I'm not saying that it's impossible for anyone to perform a miracle, because it's not, but in the world we live in, those miracles are hard to come by.

If we had faith the size of a mustard seed, we would be able to move mountains....I don't see anyone doing that.