• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  557
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/21/1976

Can you give me the instances in the scriptures about Dan, when Dan did those things, my other questions would be, why is that in the Ezekiel, if it is not in Revelation, I mean isn't Ezekiel supposed to be showing the tribes in the future, when Christ comes back?.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  08/13/1974

With all due respect, I think you are just plugging me for answers without doing any research. You could easily find information about Dan's idolatry with a Google search. Please consider doing research when you have questions, then ask them if you cannot find the answer.

See this page and read the bottom 1/4 of it for some information on Dan's idolatry. Link: http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/view.jsp?artid=26&letter=D

Which passage in Ezekiel are you talking about? Ezekiels words had a present meaning for Israel. However, some of his words were also prophetic.

If you need some Bible resources, see here: http://study.jcsm.org . The JCSM Study Center has nearly 1GB of Bible resources, literature, maps, etc.

God bless,

Jason

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  557
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  09/21/1976

I will continue to do more research, yet I did do some, and for the most part in the bible, Dan was disobedient just like the other tribes. I am considering that the part in Revelation which has Manasseh should have Dan instead, because Joseph can mean both tribes, Ephraim, and Manasseh, and since the Words are in God's Older Testament prophet Ezekiel, that shows His Words where never lost, because they are there, He said His words would last past the earth. Mark 13:31 Heaven, and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. So I am thinking that someone changed that one Word in Revelation, but His Word in that instance has always been around so, His Word was never lost, as in the requirement of Mark 13:31, for all scriptures. Ezekiel is talking about the 1,000 year reign. So, also Revelation 7:4-8 is speaking of those tribes, in Ezekiel 48 what do you think?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Hello Jason

I need help to quickly answer a question

II Samuel 10:18 talks about David slew the men of 700 chariots of the Syrians and 40,000 horsemen and Shobach the commander.

I Chronicles 19:18 says that David slew the men of 7000 chariots and 40,000 footmen.

Hope you know it :laugh:

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  764
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Quote:

With all due respect, I think you are just plugging me for answers without doing any research. You could easily find information about Dan's idolatry with a Google search. Please consider doing research when you have questions, then ask them if you cannot find the answer.

This is excellent advice, and I would add to it. Think about all the best things you have enjoyed in this life, are they not those that you worked the hardest for, and are they not the ones that are foremost in your mind?

Hello Jason

I need help to quickly answer a question

II Samuel 10:18 talks about David slew the men of 700 chariots of the Syrians and 40,000 horsemen and Shobach the commander.

I Chronicles 19:18 says that David slew the men of 7000 chariots and 40,000 footmen.

Hope you know it :o

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Hi and thanks for your question.

2 Samuel 10:18 indicates David killed 700 men in chariots. 1 Chronicles 19:18 indicates he killed 7000 men in chariots. This omission is very similar to the one in 2 Samuel 8:4. The author of 2 Samuel simply indicated the number of companies (or leaders). There were 700 companies with 100 in each. Therefore, there were 7000 men in chariots.

These horsemen were also trained as footmen. Therefore, 2 Samuel 10:18 calls them horsemen and 1 Chronicles 19:18 calls them footmen. These same men were both.

God bless,

Jason

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Hi and thanks for you answer Jason :t2:

Do you have any supporting evidence to the answer? I am talking to a muslim who brought up the discrepancy i would love to have something to back up your answer.

Thanks for your time Brother :hug:

All Praise The Ancient of Days

Guest Child
2 Samuel 10:18 indicates David killed 700 men in chariots.
Edited by Child

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be a good sport.

Romans 10: 13  "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."

Matthew 7: 21  "Not every one that saith to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven:"

If you answered this one I didn't notice. Just a reminder in case you missed it.

Thanks,

Douay

Hi Douay,

The word "call" in "call on the Lord" isn't a casual call. It means to trust, believe, and accept Christ as Lord and Savior.

The next passage can be understood in context. It is referring to a lukewarm believer that isn't actually saved.

This week's devotional message is called "The Pretend Christian." I mention one of these passages. You can read and hear the devotional on JCSM.

Listen: http://jcsm.org/ADA/Devos361.mp3

Read: http://jcsm.org/Devos/Devos361.htm

God bless,

Jason

• 10 months later...