• Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/13/1974

Dear Worthy Members,

I pray you are well, today.

Do you think you've found an error in the Bible? Have you been given an argument against the Bible's inerrancy that you couldn't answer?

I've studied alleged Bible errors and found thousands of answers to the tough questions about the Bible. In fact, I've written a book that rebuts the atheist commentary called The Skeptic's Annotated Bible. After doing countless hours of research, I can conclude that the Bible is inerrant in every verifiable way.

If you think you have found a Bible error, then please post it. I'd be happy to read your question or alleged error and reply. If I don't know the answer, then I will research it and post what I find.

May God bless you richly.

Sincerely,

Jason Gastrich

Jesus Christ Saves Ministries' Founding Director

http://www.jcsm.org

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  281
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

A Bible error that was just brought to my light in the past few weeks.

Psalms 23 in the King James version we all learned pretty much by heart. However when reading it in the NIV part of the 23 Psalm is deleted. Why is that?

Thanks

ray :t:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1

A Bible error that was just brought to my light in the past few weeks.

Psalms 23 in the King James version we all learned pretty much by heart.  However when reading it in the NIV part of the 23 Psalm is deleted.  Why is that?

Thanks

ray :t:

Hi Ray,

Thanks for your message.

Psalm 23 in KJV:

Psalm 23

A PSALM OF DAVID.

1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

if I were to place an object in front of 100 people, and each person was to look at it, and then write about it, there would be many differant things written about the same thing.....

to measure the people you would have to count them, not take out a tape measure and see how tall each and every one was and how wide they was, but count them..... as in a census,

they are all saying the same thing....

I could also say,

The Lord is my master, my leader,

I have no wants,

he gives me rest,

he feeds me, gives me drink.

the boundries he has set before let me know that he loves me and will always be here for me,

that even when things are not going well he is there and will always protect me,

that every thing I need is here for me,

that he will lay upon me good things,

that he has shown me mercy, even thou i do not deserve it.

forever, always, all of my life.

now, i did change the wording, but did I really change what is being said??

the 23rd psalms is a song..... do you ever change the words of a song ???

has that ever happened that you might have changed a word or two to fit your feelings?

but does that really change the song?

anyways, i have just rewrote the first verse of the new version..... and that will probably be the last one I rewrite....

I have never been good at verse memorization, but by knowing what it says is more important then quoting it. one person i know can quote many many many verses, even chapters, but has no idea the meaning behind it.....

mike

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your messages.

I agree that the KJV is a better text than the NIV. Frankly, the NIV is the last text that I will read . . . besides the Living and Message.

I have a web page for Bible versions that shows numerous omissions and changes by the versions besides the KJV. Please take a look: http://www.jcsm.org/biblelessons/KJV.htm . I would copy and paste it, but it's a chart and wouldn't look right in a message form. I also have this web page on Bible versions: http://www.jcsm.org/biblelessons/BBV.htm .

When I created this thread, I was seeking those that thought they found an error in the Bible. I wasn't trying to discuss translation discrepancies. If anyone thinks they have found an error, please post it and I'd be happy to answer.

Sincerely,

Jason

Guest LCPGUY

O.K. - I have a question that just came to me on Saturday while watching a Jesus episode on the History Channel.

The Biblical Phd's at Harvard, Yale, etc., said that the whole trial of Jesus is a made up story. They said that there is no extra-biblical evidence to support such a trial. No historian of the ancient world wrote about it. All four gospels describe and embellish it differently, so even they disagree with each other. They also said that none of the gospels was written by an eye-witness.

Now these are folks with mucho education, head up divinity schools, etc.

Are they right, or is this just another fabrication to try and make us lose faith in the Bible?

Very curious! I was going to start a new thread on this but when I saw your topic I decided to put it here :t2:

Bro John

I agree that using the Greek and Hebrew is best. I like using the KJV with Strong's numbers and going back to the original languages and defining words. I've taken Greek and Hebrew courses, but it still doesn't hurt for me to see those words, again.

JCSM has a study center on the web with 750+ mb of Bibles and resources. You can see it at http://study.jcsm.org . There is a KJV with Strong's numbers in there.

God bless,

Jason

Hi John,

Nice to meet you and thanks for your message. My responses are below.

O.K. - I have a question that just came to me on Saturday while watching a Jesus episode on the History Channel.

The Biblical Phd's at Harvard, Yale, etc., said that the whole trial of Jesus is a made up story. They said that there is no extra-biblical evidence to support such a trial. No historian of the ancient world wrote about it. All four gospels describe and embellish it differently, so even they disagree with each other. They also said that none of the gospels was written by an eye-witness.

Now these are folks with mucho education, head up divinity schools, etc.

Are they right, or is this just another fabrication to try and make us lose faith in the Bible?

First, have you ever read the Statement of Beliefs at Harvard and Yale? They are two of the most liberal religious schools in the world. In short, I would NEVER attend either. They don't affirm Christ's deity, a young earth, the inerrancy of the scriptures, etc. They already deny the primary Christian doctrines that most fundamentalists hold dear.

Right now, we don't have any extra-biblical evidence of Jesus' trial. We have very little extra-biblical evidence of Jesus Christ. However, don't forget that the Bible isn't one document. The Bible gives us four accounts of Jesus' life, death, and resurrection.

Here are two web pages that you will find interesting as you study these things.

Extra-Biblical Proofs of Jesus Christ and the Bible - http://www.jcsm.org/BibleLessons/Extra-BiblicalProof.htm

Is the New Testament Historically Reliable? - http://www.jcsm.org/BibleLessons/NTHistoricallyReliable.htm

In 70 A.D., the Romans invaded Jerusalem, destroyed the temple, and scattered the Jews. Therefore, more evidence for the trial was likely destroyed in this event.

Lastly, I would not agree that the gospels give conflicting accounts of the trial. If there were some specific accusations, then I would address them. I can't address the general hand waving.

The details in the gospels were surely eyewitness accounts. There is no way that there could be such detail and such accuracy unless they were written by people who actually saw the events. We see proof of this in Luke and Acts.

Luke 1:1-4 "Inasmuch as many have taken in hand to set in order a narrative of those things which have been fulfilled among us, just as those who from the beginning were eyewitnesses and ministers of the word delivered them to us, it seemed good to me also, having had perfect understanding of all things from the very first, to write to you an orderly account, most excellent Theophilus, that you may know the certainty of those things in which you were instructed."

Acts 1:1-3 "In my former book, Theophilus, I wrote about all that Jesus began to do and to teach until the day he was taken up to heaven, after giving instructions through the Holy Spirit to the apostles he had chosen. After his suffering, he showed himself to these men and gave many convincing proofs that he was alive. He appeared to them over a period of forty days and spoke about the kingdom of God."

God bless,

Jason

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Hey you wouldn't happen to know where I could find a side by side comparison for the names of the books of the Bible as they appear in Catholic vs. Protestant Bibles?

http://gbgm-umc.org/umw/bible/prcot.stm

for the old testament