darkest_red

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  684
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

No way sweetie. If you knew who I was before, your hair would turn white (if it's not already). :blink: I'm just trying to help. :hug:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  03/06/1967

darkest red...hi...i think I may know what you mean...to me(and this is only and opinion)true repentance is a heart thing...for example...if you feel greved or upset at anything you may have done confess it and never repeat it...that will bring you forgivness...but if you pray for forgiveness ..just because you know you've done wrong and its just a guilt trip and your not bothered if you do it again...then i doubt you will get forgiveness...that as i said though is only my opinion...I could be wrong

hope this helps

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  711

If you repent but only repent because the what you've done is a sin, rather than because you regret what you have done, do you still get forgiven?

That depends....... do you accept that only properly ordained ministers can dispense absolution?.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  684

mobile,

Jesus died for our sins thus paying our sin debt in full. We have no need for "absolution" through any man!!!!!! If you agree with what you just said, then there was no need for Jesus to die on the cross. All we needed was an ordained Catholic priest. Please!!!!! :blink:

Guest kitkat

This is only my opinion. Not a judgment on my part, but what I think to be true.

Repentance means that you turn away from your sin, by confessing it to God as sin, but at the same time you also have to regret or be sorrowful in your heart that you committed the sin.

In Jesus Love

Kitkat

:blink:

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  307
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  11/02/1972

Exactly what Kitkat said IMPO :P

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Hello Darkest Red :t3:

A very similar thread has been recently discussed that i think you will find interesting. Here is a link to the topic.

Repentance and Remorse

All Praise The Ancient of Days

Guest seadogbill

To ask for forgiveness is one thing because you realize that it is a sin. But to repent is to ask for forgiveness from the heart with sincerity. You then can be able not to repeat it again and it gives you the strength to fight it when it confronts you. That is true, pure repentance. To ask forgiveness with a sincere heart. That's what Jesus wants from us. A sinner that wants to change. As long as we ask for forgivenss with a sincere heart, he will listen and forgive. We are all sinners one way or the other and it will be that way until we are before him. Knowing my past I was afraid that there would be no way that I would be accepted in the book of life. Some people or christians would tell me that I would be judged by my end results. That bothered me because I felt I wouldn't have enough time to accomplish anything. Then the Lord spoke to me through the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit said that a christian man is like a man that is trying to climb a mountain that has loose rock on the surface. When he is trying to reach the top, he goes up 10 feet and then slides back 8. he continues trying to climb and each time he slides back, but each time that he trys again, he manages to go a little higher until finally he reaches the top. The Holy Spirit told me that when judged, we are not only judged by just the end results, but most important how we got there in trying. For our love to be like him and our sincerity not to give up shows him our true love for him. :hug:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,692
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  12/31/1952

If you repent but only repent because the what you've done is a sin, rather than because you regret what you have done, do you still get forgiven?

A little helpful advice dark red:

Read and trust GOD's Word - 1 John 1:9....then follow that verse up with Proverbs 3:5-6.

If you need to, send me a PM (Private Message) and I will be glad to provide further help for you. :D

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  05/23/1986

I do read and I do trust in God's word- if I didn't I wouldn't be fretting about this (and believe me, I am) because it wouldn't matter to me.