• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

Make an honest decision after reading this passage...

Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

Philippians 4:5-9 KJV

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

I also suggest studying Romans 8 and 9 in regards to the freedoms a Christians has. Many things are matters of no consequence to your standing before G-d and are therefore matters of indifference and are therefore matters of conscience. In other words, WE who are strong have no business inflicting our freedoms on those whose consciences are weaker, and those who think certain things (books, music, etc.) may be wrong, have no business inflicting those beliefs on others. Instead, we should exercise agape love and restrain our freedoms when we are around those who are weaker or immature in the faith.

I'm a writer, a believer, a pastor's wife and I write things; from devotionals to novels full of murder and mayhem. Go figure.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  940
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

I like "westerns", movies and books.

Does that mean I'm gonna become a cowboy?

You can't become a cowboy, you already are one <chuckle>.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

What you behold is what you become.
I like "westerns", movies and books. Does that mean I'm gonna become a cowboy?

Well Pilgram.....

I think I'll just kick me down a wall and walk outa here...pilgrim

:laugh:

I watch forensic shows, does that make me a forensic scientist? If it does I better start looking for a job solve a few crimes and such, maybe I can work with Grisham.... :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

I love to watch horror movies, read Stephen King or Koontz, I listen to Heavy Metal music.

My lady keeps telling me that I have to be careful of what I let into my heart and my mind. She mentioned that it was in the Bible.

I try to explain to her that it is how you take these things in your own way. I don't know if I said that right; so I will set some examples:

I like horror movies because they are entertaining and I know they are fake. Some times like a adrenalin rush. Once the movie is over - that's it. I don't see them for evilness - just entertainment.

She says that they are all evil and that they are tools for evil.

I like all music, but mainly 80's metal. I listen to each instrument and like how the music fills that certain void in my every day moments. Music calms me when I'm angry, comforts me when I'm sad or just keeps me company when I'm alone or driving.

Could you point out to me the scriptures of the Bible that say anything like what she told me?

I find it more interesting that if you are seeking to "do things right" and you question the type of entertainment and pleasure that you have in your life, yet you mentioned "YOUR LADY" as though you are not married? Have you checked you "relationship" against God's Words in this department?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  10/28/1987

God judges our hearts and motives.

We all sin countless times everyday without even knowing it...is God going to hold that against us?

You judge for yourself.

exactly. some of my favorite artists produce hard rock music (chevelle, seether, tool, etc). as long as i maintain a strong relationship with god and do these things "in the name of jesus" as scripture says, then its not a hindrance whatsoever. Edited by humanoid