• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  280
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1965

(Massorite @ Feb 21 2008, 06:20 PM)

The only folks who contend that the book of Revelation was written before 96 AD are those who would believe that most of the book of Revelation has already been fulfilled. Otherwise their whole sequence of events is null and void. They are called Preterists and their whole concept is full of taking history and fitting it into what they choose to believe in stead of what really is. In other words it is a lie from the pits of hell. Even secular historical recorwritingus that the writting of the book of Revelation was done at the close of the reign of the Emperor Domitian and at the period of the second general persecution of the Christians which was instituted by Domitian.

From the 'tone' and 'spirit' of this, I need say no more. However, while one side may condemn the other for their opinions/views, it is also possible that the other 'extreme' is just as in error. IMO: There is middle ground, and in that middle ground is where the truth most likely lays.

I agree Richard...anytime an attitude such as the reply you responded to one can be guaranteed there is error and a middle ground needs to be met...at the very least people should give room for error on each side and not assume that one view is superior to the other.....

Even without the fact that Revelation was written somewhere around 95AD there is no middle ground when Revelation 11 says God's temple and altar are to be measured and the outer court is to be trodden under foot by the Gentiles while the two prophets are prophecying out side in the streets of Jerusalem. There is no middle ground when the bible says it is the Holy city that is trodden under foot for 42 months, 1260 days, 0r 3 1/2 years which ever way it is to be said.

This is a future event it has not happened yet, there is no mistake about that. With the word of od there is no middle ground I am sorry to say. Which ever way you go there can only be one correct answer. IMHO just read the verses and you can only come to the conclusion that it is a future event.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

It's both - His temple in us and a physical temple - to be built.

Guest shiloh357
So as we have read Revelation eleven and Revelation 21 we see they both speek of two different temples Revelation eleven the one to come in the tribulation period and Revelation 21 there is no temple for God and the Lamb are its temple.

Dont' forget about the Temple that will exist during the Millennium when Jesus is ruling the world from the Jerusalem on David's throne. There are actually two temples to come before the New Heavens and New Earth

aye! is that temple built by the hands of man?

No, it is the Temple that Jesus will sit in during the Millennium. It is a literal Temple and its desription is given in great detail in the last nine chapters of Ezekiel (40-49).

Jesus will sit on the throne of David and will rule the world for 1,000 years from Jerusalem. Israel will, in that day, become a theocracy and Jesus will enforce God's Torah with "a rod of iron." There are a lot of interesting facts concerning that Temple when you read Ezekiel.

As you can see, I am not a Amillennialist :whistling: I love my amillennial brothers and sisters, but this is one area I respectfully diverge from them theologically.

I hope this can be discussed patiently.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

So as we have read Revelation eleven and Revelation 21 we see they both speek of two different temples Revelation eleven the one to come in the tribulation period and Revelation 21 there is no temple for God and the Lamb are its temple.

Dont' forget about the Temple that will exist during the Millennium when Jesus is ruling the world from the Jerusalem on David's throne. There are actually two temples to come before the New Heavens and New Earth

aye! is that temple built by the hands of man?

No, it is the Temple that Jesus will sit in during the Millennium. It is a literal Temple and its desription is given in great detail in the last nine chapters of Ezekiel (40-49).

Jesus will sit on the throne of David and will rule the world for 1,000 years from Jerusalem. Israel will, in that day, become a theocracy and Jesus will enforce God's Torah with "a rod of iron." There are a lot of interesting facts concerning that Temple when you read Ezekiel.

As you can see, I am not a Amillennialist :wub: I love my amillennial brothers and sisters, but this is one area I respectfully diverge from them theologically.

I hope this can be discussed patiently.

:laugh:

so you state that there are two temples to come

There are actually two temples to come before the New Heavens and New Earth

do you believe that the first of the two temples to come is a physical temple or spiritual? :mellow: I ask because there are some that say there will be 2 physical temples and some who say there is the spiritual being built now and the physical that will be during the millennial reign.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

As I am reading these posts I am reminded of a vision I was shown in 1983..I will give it in part...the Last part.

I was on the earth observing people crawling with torn and tattered clothes, they were so weak all they can do is crawl. The sun light was minimal, the trees ...the ground had no life appearing as if it was all burned. The darkness overwhelmingly grotesque.

I was looking to see where these poor people were crawling to...In the distance I can see a light.

I then was brought close as if being zoomed in.

It was like a city with walls filled of light. Light so bright one could not see into it. It seemed it was made of just light but there was containment. Zoomed in closer..There was a huge door. As a person crawled up the steps seeminly with almost strength gone the door would open, Someone would bring the person in and they were covered in light who came to get the person. The light would get brighter. Each soul going in there would make the light brighter which seemed almost impossible. There was the sounding of this door closing. Large boom. Noone came out of there for too long ; just to pick up a crawler. many died on their way. patricia1

end of vision.

I had no idea of what I was seeing back then, I had not been to any churches. It is my belief it was the temple of the Lord on this earth.. But one can descern differnt types of things. I just know that I know what was happening cos I was there.

Oh, yeah That was the only light on the earth and it shined upwards as high as the eyes can see and then some... Patricia1

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

massorite..I heard the same things but when one is not there to see it, one wonders.

I think you mean genes. The X and Y chromosomes determine sex. unless they a extra y.

Either way it is really cool. I do know a few couples in Israel...one is in charge of a Christian prayer house there. I only hear from them when something is going on there, for prayer reasons....these houses have been attacked but not theirs yet....

Just put into your computer Temple Mount Faithful. They have also built a small replica of the new Temple. Yes I am talking about an extra Y chromosome that no other people on earth have except the Levites. Which will be the how they will be able to determine who is a Levite or not.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

oh...honey I am not doubting you at all. but I will go to the site anyway... I hope you did not take me the wrong way.

I meant that in our age we are so priveleged to see what is going on and it is just so hard to believe it is all happening. I remember getting so excited when flowers were blooming in the desert. Even though I did not see it it is a fulfilled scripture... :whistling:

Guest shiloh357

QUOTE There are actually two temples to come before the New Heavens and New Earth

do you believe that the first of the two temples to come is a physical temple or spiritual? :thumbsup: I ask because there are some that say there will be 2 physical temples and some who say there is the spiritual being built now and the physical that will be during the millennial reign.

There are two physical Temples yet to come before the New Heavens and New Earth: The first, I believe, is the Temple that is about to be built in Israel, which the anti-Christ will desecrate.

The second is the Millennial Temple shown to us in Ezekiet 40-48. It is my conviction that this Temple will exist in the Millennium (Messianic Kingdom), and Jesus will sit in this Temple on the throne of David and will rule the world from there.

As for us, the New Testament use the "Temple" metaphor to describe us as Christians both individually and collectively. This is never offered by the New Testament in any discussion of eschatological issues, and so I don't see it as standing opposed to the concept that there will be two more Temples on earth this side of eternity.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  280
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  02/03/1965

QUOTE There are actually two temples to come before the New Heavens and New Earth

do you believe that the first of the two temples to come is a physical temple or spiritual? :21: I ask because there are some that say there will be 2 physical temples and some who say there is the spiritual being built now and the physical that will be during the millennial reign.

There are two physical Temples yet to come before the New Heavens and New Earth: The first, I believe, is the Temple that is about to be built in Israel, which the anti-Christ will desecrate.

The second is the Millennial Temple shown to us in Ezekiet 40-48. It is my conviction that this Temple will exist in the Millennium (Messianic Kingdom), and Jesus will sit in this Temple on the throne of David and will rule the world from there.

As for us, the New Testament use the "Temple" metaphor to describe us as Christians both individually and collectively. This is never offered by the New Testament in any discussion of eschatological issues, and so I don't see it as standing opposed to the concept that there will be two more Temples on earth this side of eternity.

I agree shiloh357,

There are two temples to come the one spoken of in Zacheriah 14 and Ezekiel 40-48 being the mellennial reign and that spoken of in Daneil 9, 11,12 and the new Testament Matthew and Mark.

The Israelites will build a new temple and they will once again sacrifece to God. This temple is built either during the 7 year tribulation or before, I am not quite sure when, but I do know they will rebuild, because the son of perdition sets himself up as God in the temple who is also the beast who receives his power frrom the dragon in Revelation 13.

2 Thessalonians 2:2-4

2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

but what makes you so sure that this is a physical temple Paul speaks of...after all the great falling away is and has been occurring and the only temple that exists today is a spiritual temple to be of the church...and isn't it so that there are many antichrists among us even today who believe that the Lord God Himself is their God when in fact they are led by the son of perdition? Look at man, look at the church..look at the sin and abominations already occurring on this earth and the great deceptions that pervade all of society...has not the son of perdition come to sit on the thrones of man's heart already? :emot-hug: