IGNORED

What preparation do you undertake before worship?

Ddavid from NC

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

very interesting. first time i have heard of this "waking up early to prep for church" thing.

cool.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

As most of you know by now I am a Southern Baptist, I state that only to identify the background of worship experience. I was also raised in a charismatic church during my childhood. I also have many pastor friends from across the protestant denominational spectrum. When we meet in private we have discussed this topic on numerous occassions. In case you didn't know, many mainline churches do not practice what is traditionally referred to as altar calls at the conclussion of the sermon. Most evangelical churches do routinely offer a time to come to the front to pray or confess. I suggested to the group how we may have that completely backwards. If a call to pray, repent, and prepare our hearts for worship were offered at the front end of the service and allow spontaneous response through out the service and at the conclusion. As it is, we conclude the service when we are just actually only prepared to worship. I don't know if I have adequately stated with the right words how strongly I feel about this, but I believe we have become to casual in our worship. By that I am not making reference to attire or music, but how intent we are to encounter Him in corporate worship. I wonder what would happen any given Sunday in any particular church if a group were seriously intent on not leaving until they have had a Divine encounter? "We came today Lord to serve you with our worship, we are here to do business today with our live, speak Father!"

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

showering....in more ways than one The heart needs to be in the condition to recieve and also to give!!!

Your a southern baptist!? It means different things in different parts of this country..... :24: