dgolvach

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  146
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

I am going to quote a friend of mine, I think this applies to more than just SAHW's:

I think what most of us SAHW/SAHM's are realizing is that fulfillment comes from serving others instead of worrying about whether or not we ourselves are feeling fulfilled. It's a very strange paradox that when you concentrate on serving others the unintended result is you end up feeling fulfilled and satisfied yourself. I believe that is one of God's sweetest gifts." (o:

what is SAHW's and would you mind interpreting what you just quoted please?

does SAHW's stand for stay at home wives?...am I going to get an explanation?

SAHW's is Stay At Home Wives. And what she means, is it is actually more fulfilling to serve God than to serve ourselves. Whatever we do, we are to do unto the Lord and not for man. God comes first in our lives. As I care for my family, I am serving the Lord. Everything I do, I do unto the Lord.

*sigh* This is not a board of encouragement is it? If a person truly desires to grow in Christ, one can't hang around here.

See ya.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Biblicist
Legalism is adherence to letter of law. We are not called to follow the OT law. We are to pick up our cross and follow Christ and walk by faith. Walking by faith is walking according to love and trusting that the blood of Christ is cleansing all your sins as his word promises:

1 John 1:7

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanses us from all sin.

NO, legalism is defined as the doctrine that salvation is gained through good works. Adherance to the letter of the law is not wrong unless you assume it is going to get you to heaven. It will not.

Taking up one's cross is translated as dying to self, every day.

They have the same Bible we have and if they are walking in the light of Christ, loving their fellowman and trusting in his blood to cleanse them, why would you think they are not saved?

Galatians 6 tells us:

7Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man sows, that shall he also reap.

8For he that sows to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that sows to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

9And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

10As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

:emot-pray:

Having a Bible and reading a Bible are two very different things. The Amish are lead by false prophets. They are not saved if they believe that their works will get them to Heaven without a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. The Amish believe it is blasphemy and prideful to believe you can have a personal relationship with God the Father, or Jesus Christ. As a side note, "some" Mennonites are saved Amish, like Messianic Jews are saved Jews.

Are you telling me that you believe that you can be saved by your works? What do you believe about Grace?

Guest Biblicist
I am going to quote a friend of mine, I think this applies to more than just SAHW's:

I think what most of us SAHW/SAHM's are realizing is that fulfillment comes from serving others instead of worrying about whether or not we ourselves are feeling fulfilled. It's a very strange paradox that when you concentrate on serving others the unintended result is you end up feeling fulfilled and satisfied yourself. I believe that is one of God's sweetest gifts." (o:

what is SAHW's and would you mind interpreting what you just quoted please?

does SAHW's stand for stay at home wives?...am I going to get an explanation?

SAHW's is Stay At Home Wives. And what she means, is it is actually more fulfilling to serve God than to serve ourselves. Whatever we do, we are to do unto the Lord and not for man. God comes first in our lives. As I care for my family, I am serving the Lord. Everything I do, I do unto the Lord.

*sigh* This is not a board of encouragement is it? If a person truly desires to grow in Christ, one can't hang around here.

See ya.

I like your friends quote, Emily Anne. In this day and age of me me me, serving other's is certainly not a popular concept. But she is very right. In serving other's we gain fulfillment.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Adherence to the letter of the law will not get you to heaven, but

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

See ya.

Shalom Emily Anne,

Please don't let anyone run you off from here! You are correct and I appreciate your posts. There are just some people that wish to be contentious. You can ignore their posts. :emot-highfive: Please stay and share your unique perspective. There are more people reading than ever post and you can impact them mightily. :emot-highfive:

Guest Biblicist
The fact that they are too humble to consider themselves worthy of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, does not mean they do not have one as good toward salvation as anyone else's. If they walk in the light as he is in the light, the blood is cleansing their sins. What can be more personal than that? That is a very personal relationship, whether they acknowledge such a friendship with Christ or not.

You seem to have a lot to say about the Amish belief system. Do you know the Amish, have you read a lot about them?

• Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

1 John 4:7-8

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loves is born of God, and knows God. He that loves not knows not God; for God is love.

1 John 1:7

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanses us from all sin.

John 6:63

It is the spirit that quickens; the flesh profits nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

1 John 3:10

In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever does not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loves not his brother.

1 John 5:11-13

And this is the record, that God has given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that has the Son has life; and he that has not the Son of God has not life.These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Good verses.

:emot-questioned:

I think the problem with legalism isn't so much the person themselves, who feels for whatever reason a woman can't wear pants to church or listen to Christian music. If they feel this way, they shouldn't do this. The problem lies with them projecting their beliefs about these debatable matters onto others. You may say these are not debatable matters, but in fact, they are. We continue over and over to debate them, don't we?

If you wanted to start a thread entitled "Is it really wrong to commit adultry?" you would get 100 percent 'yes', followed by a bunch of amens and the thread would die out quickly.

We keep rehashing the same subjects here year after year - the debatable ones.

I personally wear pants to church in the winter time especially. I get a cold chill very easily and leotards don't cut it here in Canadian winters. I would rather be sitting in church in a pair of corderoys than sitting there in a skirt wishing that I was sitting in my hot tub.

Anyone who has a problem with this, take it up with God, not me. Instead of looking at me in judgement like there is something wrong with me, pray for me. You may be surprised what happens when you do this. I challenge you to do this, honestly. Not really pray for me per se, (unless you want to which is great) but pray for the person you view as doing something wrong.

9But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and arguments and quarrels about the law, because these are unprofitable and useless.

And as far as the argument for causing a brother to stumble, legalists automatically jump to the conclusion that what THEY feel is wrong, will also be considered wrong by everyone else. A brand new believing female might look at me wearing pants and say to herself "Oh, good, this isn't a stuffy place where we have to dress up every Sunday. "

Because people refuse to accept it...many think taking up their cross means that we are to live day by day in self flagellation.

28"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Some saints consider some of these debatable things to be a sin, and some believe that even though they themselves see no sin in them, that mature believers should lay aside their freedom to do them to avoid