• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/26/1983

I seem to get into more serious trouble when I am trying my best to live for God. Does that mean I am not as good a person when I desire to live for God? Does anybody understand what I'm going through?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,338
  • Content Per Day:  0.65

Yes, I think I understand. It sounds to me like you want to live for God and you're trying but you're actually doing that in the flesh which is always frustrating. Is that what you're talking about?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  400
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  04/19/1942

I seem to get into more serious trouble when I am trying my best to live for God. Does that mean I am not as good a person when I desire to live for God? Does anybody understand what I'm going through?

33These things I have spoken unto you, that in Me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation, but be of good cheer: I have overcome the world."

john 16:33 :blink:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  261
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  03/15/1970

Be encouraged, I hope you have christians who can reassure and refresh you, and you them. As I understand the godly will suffer persecution on many levels, but don't grow weary, remain faithful to the Lord without apology.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

You will find that when you live for God you will find more resistance and turbulance than if you "played along" with the people of the world. For me this is proof that I am doing what is right. The world would not receive Christ and despite how good and kind he was they wanted to kill him and persecuted him and so I know my faith in him is justified when they do the same to me. We also have to consider that as Gods children we should expect to be chastened for our sins as we go along and for me, that chastening reminds me of how much God loves me. Like a mother who cries as she spanks her child or father also chastens us out of love also.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  660
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  10/06/1990

Good people get in lots and lots of trouble. These things pass. Just pray for guidance and strength to persevere in Christ. If you'd like, I could pray for you, too.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

You have some good advise here! As brother Joe and brother Dannyboy mentioned, we are in a war. A Spiritual war where the enemy will only attack those who come against them. I know this from first hand experience.

When we are allowing Jesus to mold our hearts into the heart that will allow His Spirit to have freedom within us, the enemy will throw stuff at us from all sides. Some are so clever we don't even notice. Others are just so blunt we can not miss them. Because we fail from time to time, this does not mean we are bad, but, in fact, human. Becoming a Christian is a very slow process, and anything worth doing is worth doing right. Any hasty change will result in improper building of who we are, and Jesus loves us so much that He takes His time and accomplishes what needs to be accomplish. What we need to do is listen to His voice, convicting us when we are on the wrong path. We accomplish this by studying His word, praying and through worshiping Him for Who He really is.

In order to allow Him to work in our lives, we have to have patience. One step at a a time is what we are expected to take, not leaps and bounds. You are already well on your way when you recognize that your are doing wrong. Now, listen for His guidance before doing, and you will see the right path to follow.

In Him,

OneLight