• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/06/1949

hi iv read this thread with interest, iv been in the lord for over 23yrs ,iv had a lot of deliverance, i suffer from epilepsy ,iv lost count how much prayer iv had over the yrs ,prayer fasting cutting off from this and that nothing has worked as yet, im trusting God to heal me, there has been a definite improvement since my divorce 4yrs ago , iv suffered with this for over 40yrs ,there has been well known leaders pray for me, been cut of from curses etc as my sister who is also in the lord my grandson also has it , we so far haven't found out what the root is , its ok pulling up the weeds ei symptoms, but the root needs dealing with untill the holy spirit reveals what it is my sister and i are resting in the Lord better add i had this before i got married. if anyone has any words of knowledge please pm me

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Sometimes Jesus cast demons out of people we would call "mentally ill,' other times we read that He '....healed them that were lunatick.'

• Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/06/1949

Sometimes Jesus cast demons out of people we would call "mentally ill,' other times we read that He '....healed them that were lunatick.'

hi Leonard don't get your point can you please explain :emot-handshake::whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

OP,

I think i read that you can see the demons in a persons eyes. Also someone with experience can actually get the demon to talk.

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  07/13/1949

Just got a question about Exorcism and Mental Illness.

How can someone know if someone is possessed by a demon or are just mentally ill who needs some medication?

The way to tell is through the"Discerning of spirits" One of the Gifts of the Spirit.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Daniel 4 NIV

28 All this happened to King Nebuchadnezzar. 29 Twelve months later, as the king was walking on the roof of the royal palace of Babylon, 30 he said, "Is not this the great Babylon I have built as the royal residence, by my mighty power and for the glory of my majesty?"

31 The words were still on his lips when a voice came from heaven, "This is what is decreed for you, King Nebuchadnezzar: Your royal authority has been taken from you. 32 You will be driven away from people and will live with the wild animals; you will eat grass like cattle. Seven times will pass by for you until you acknowledge that the Most High is sovereign over the kingdoms of men and gives them to anyone he wishes."

33 Immediately what had been said about Nebuchadnezzar was fulfilled. He was driven away from people and ate grass like cattle. His body was drenched with the dew of heaven until his hair grew like the feathers of an eagle and his nails like the claws of a bird.

34 At the end of that time, I, Nebuchadnezzar, raised my eyes toward heaven, and my sanity was restored. Then I praised the Most High; I honored and glorified him who lives forever.

His dominion is an eternal dominion;

his kingdom endures from generation to generation.

35 All the peoples of the earth

are regarded as nothing.

He does as he pleases

with the powers of heaven

and the peoples of the earth.

No one can hold back his hand

or say to him: "What have you done?"

36 At the same time that my sanity was restored, my honor and splendor were returned to me for the glory of my kingdom. My advisers and nobles sought me out, and I was restored to my throne and became even greater than before. 37 Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise and exalt and glorify the King of heaven, because everything he does is right and all his ways are just. And those who walk in pride he is able to humble.

Some people lose their minds directly from Almighty God. God was merciful to the king and restored his mind and his life. One of the greatest gifts Jesus gives his children while still on earth is peace of mind. I believe in the last days we are seeing and will see more and more people lose their minds. Because of sin and what is being said and done in the name of Jesus Christ.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

Just got a question about Exorcism and Mental Illness.

How can someone know if someone is possessed by a demon or are just mentally ill who needs some medication?

this would be one of the Gifts of The Spirit, called DISCERNMENT OF THE SPIRITS.

provided to a person (or people) when the Holy Spirit sees fit and when the Holy Spirit sees fit, just as with the rest of the Gifts of the Spirit....

just as with Paul and Silas, the woman following them yelling out to them, the Holy Spirit empowered them to know what it was and how to deal with that particular spirit....

Spiritual warfare is not a game. this is real business.

one young man had been using the Lords name in vain, not as a cuss word, but using it so much in his every day speech that when he was at the alter working an outreach, a man came by and there was a spirit manifested in this man and the man looked right at this young man working the alters and said to him

YOU HAVE NO AUTHORITY OVER ME, YOU HAVE USE HIS NAME SO MUCH THE POWER IS NO LONGER THERE.

We are to be using His Name with out reason...... we must be careful.

Some people may not have been given the use of the Gift of Discernment, but may be filled with the Holy Spirit, walking in the Spirit in such a way that they can do battle. a personal friend and our brother, was doing out reach ministries at Memorial Hall in Joplin Mo. praying with and for people, talking with people about the Lord, one time a man pulled up and was talking with Rick and another, and a spirit manifested its self, and started cursing them and Jesus. Rick rebuked the spirit, as did the other person with him, the man that the spirit was manifested in fell to the ground and started slithering around and hissing at them. they continued speaking to the spirit rebuking it denouncing it, claiming Christ, and after a time, the man got up, and was very pleasant to speak with, and he ACCEPTED CHRIST RIGHT ON THE STREET.......

remember, these spirits are not bound to just the spirit world, they do cross over to the physical....

a young lady friend, was conceived on the alter of satan..... her mother had been drugged, her bio father was (in some cases) the husband of her mother..... her father was a high priest (probably still is) .... the girl was suppose to be used by satan and become a priestess for satan when she turned 16..... the mother found out what was going on, took the baby and fled..... she settled down, and in a time frame, things started happening....... they moved again..... and again things started happening.... some times it would take months, and maybe a couple years....... when the girl was in her early mid teens, she was at the top of the stairs in the house they were staying, and she was physically lifted up and thrown down the stairs, and then physically lifted up and thrown across the room up against the wall, her mother was sitting there and seen the whole thing and there wasnothing she could do at that point...... they left.... and was on the move again ..... the girl and the mother refused to allow satan to have his way...... the girl is now in her early to mid 20's and doing well, and is not part of satans plan.....

spiritual warfare is not a game......

we all must be ready at any given moment, for we know not when or what might come our way.....

to get ready, we must pray pray pray, fasting is a good thing as well....

and pray some more..... fill up on the Word of God, every little bite strengthens us for battle.....

mike

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

Does the Protestant Church perform exorcisms?

depends on which churches you call protestant......

there are some people in different denominations that have been used by God to rid people of (a) demon(s) believing in and the use of The Gifts of the Spirit and operating in Spiritual Warfare......

most people believe that people (all, or at least most) that are "mentally ill" are just that, and it has nothing to do with the spirit world.

I do not believe this to be totally true.

one lady i know, use to be a cutter, she would cut and cut and cut..... some where on the average of two or three times a week, and some of the cuts were deep.... she had a diary (journal) that she kept, and she would even keep track of her dreams and visions.... some of the dreams she had well, she had pictures of the creatures that were messing with her.... they were not ....WERE NOT .... angels or Jesus or God, or the Holy Spirit, these were flat out demons.... she was cutting to relieve the pain that was being caused.....

when she stopped trying to follow Christ, the pain stopped and the dreams/visions of these creatures stopped also, she said she had found peace and it was not with Christ, so she denounced him....... I tried to explain , but she would not listen, said i was not happy for her that she was no longer cutting, I tied to explain more and she would not listen, and cut off communications.....

My friend Rick, has been used for such acts, exorcisms..... he is not Catholic, he is a Christian, that attends a "Quaker" church... there are others I know that attend different denoms..... a couple attend AoG... and believe it or not even one in a Baptist....Southern Baptist at that......

I do not believe that the doctrines of the different denominations actually teach one way or the other, but I do know there are people in each that God uses to do such things in each denom......

so to answer your question....... YES, some protestants do believe in the exorcism of demons/spirits.....

have I been used for this? no. not as of yet...... my friend and brother Rick has.... Rick on the other hand, loves to pray, and pray, and pray and pray, and this is where he is used..... he, however, has not been used (to my knowledge) for healing or tongues, but has been used for interpretation of tongues, knowledge and even wisdom (yes, in a Quaker church at that) as the Spirit empowers him and when the Spirit empowers him..... he may have been used for other things as well, i am just not aware of everything God uses him for.....

mike

side note: Rick was one of the major players in the area for drug dealing, and cooking and even using for quite some time. He climbed a tower and was shooting at police, when prayer for him caught up with him, and on that tower, he gave his life over to the Lord. He came down and turned himself over to an officer with out further incident and was arrested, tried, convicted, served and is now an upstanding citizen in the community. Rick has given his testimony many times at different events for the Lord...

LOOK WHAT THE LORD HAS DONE..... .LOOK WHAT THE LORD HAS DONE.... HE HEALED MY BODY, HE TOUCHED MY MIND, HE SAVED ME..... JUST IN TIME......