• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

one more thing i'd like to add... a little touching comment made by the family's pastor at the eulogy. he reminded everyone that God still hadn't let go of the daughter, and that it is all in His hands.

the comment really struck me. a part of me wanted to object, but the other part of me wanted to break down and cry for that girl, which i think is what the pastor was trying to get at... that despite how horrible her actions were, God hasn't given up on her, and we should all be praying for her to be restored first to her heavenly Father, and then to her biological father.

I will say amen to that...God never gives up on anyone while they still have the breath of life in them...He is so good

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LadyC

well honestly, we don't know who actually plotted it. we just know that they were all involved, according to the testimony of the father.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

The folly of your statement just bothers me. Sorry but I won't respect your lack of interest in saving people from their intermingling with the wrong spiritual influences. I wont bother to even respond to what you said.

I am not of the opionin that the problem will rid itself overnight. Its incredible that some people (I'm not suggesting you) think that this is what I meant when I say that guns are a problem when citizens can own them. I'm making the opinion that there is a certain demonic activity that is alive in society and just as Jackie said, we need to recognize and work into bringing everyone into the awareness of the truth in Christ. Thats the only way problems in our society regarding violent crimes will be solved. Its amazing how many professed Christians dont believe in demons and demonic activity! But for citizens to have guns and to suddenly make it available to the immature young adults in the household with high emotions. Or even more dangerous, in the hands of a non-believer brainwashed by society's influences instead of God's Love. Wow.. that is just scary!

I'm sorry, but this is another fallacy. The fact that citizens in the US can own guns is not the problem. I was raised around firearms. My Dad taught me a health respect for them. In all the time I have owned a gun, I never found myself wishing I could go out and kill someone or shoot someone simply because I had a gun. It is a very long stretch to say that because we have the ability to keep and bear arms, that it therefore must lead to the fact that we someday would like to use those same guns to create death and mayhem.

Anyone who goes out and does things like what this thread is about have got some wires spliced together wrong. If someone wants to kill or hurt someone bad enough, not having a gun with which to do it is not going to stop them. The problems are basic, but no one wants to address the real issues. It is easier to blame a gun, than to deal with the fact that the problem is with us, our society, and the total break-down of moral fiber and personal responsibility. We have lost control of our children. We can't punish them, that would be cruel. We can't train them or expect them to act responsibly or with respect to those around them, that would be "limiting" them and stifling their creativity. We are not allowed to set boundaries for them, that would be cruel. We are told that executing someone for murder is inhumane, so we lock them in a box for a few years and just expect that when they get out, they will be magically cured. We blame the victims for what happened to them. Wrong place, wrong time, wrong clothes, wrong words, instead of blaming the person who hurt, abused or killed them. People who kill other people should forfeit their lives, period. No life term, no appeals, no plea bargains. Swift punishment with no hope of getting the sentence turned around is the only thing that is going to slow down violent crime.

maybe we should vote you into office... :emot-fail: save the tax payer a whole lot oh dough!!

yep, I think I spoke that from nearly the beginning of this thread...and you got it right I am an anti-gun folk...had one too many shoved in my face to feel that they are an okay part of ANY society...still and all, everything revolves around good and evil, righeousness and sin...dress it up to look any different the results are still the same.

But, Jackie, once again, that doesn't speak to the gun being the problem. It was the person who shoved the gun in your face, not the gun. They were the ones who had the problem. People can use anything to threaten you, it doesn't have to be a gun. It could be a rake or a curling iron, the result is the same. The world is an evil place, with or without guns.

if you were to read my statements Cobalt, I don't blame the guns, I blame people, sin and the enemy....you've misread me or have not heard everything I have said...even so, I don't advocate guns or the right to bear them..doesn't make me wrong, just makes me...well me :emot-fail:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.08
  • Days Won:  78

The problem is not with guns, the problem is with people. People are messed up. A gun is just an inadamant object with no ability to act on it's own. The fault with these incidents always lies with the person commiting the acts, not a gun. A gun is useless without a person to wield it. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Blaming the gun for the crime further isolates the person violating the law from having to take responsibility for his or her actions and results in more violence, because a weapon is blamed instead of the the person committing the crime.

:emot-hug: I guess I'm not the only one who saw past the shock value of the post, to the undertones of it's desired purpose.

It is shocking! Why does there have to be some kind of agenda as motive for the thread?

I have to agree. I don't see an 'agenda' behind this post; it's a comment on a horrific event by another poster. Sure, there will be killings without guns but...the guns make it possible for nearly anyone to have a sense of power. Even losers like this older boy who was dating the young girl. I think guns should only be legal for people over 40. But I don't think the lack of a gun would stop someone with evil in their heart either. Let's not assume that everything we don't agree with is fraught with undertones, eh? :)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

The agenda is obvious to me, but then again I'm a gun-owning American that doesn't give a rat's hiney about what non-Americans think about our 2nd Amendment. :blink:

D'OH! ...there I go again, blunt as a spoon. :th_wave:

Edited by WrenchGuy

Who put guns in the hands of children? :blink: While the story is a tragedy, I don't get the name of the thread. That would be like having a story of a criminal going on a shooting rampage, and someone saying "That's what happens when we put guns in the hands of criminals." We have laws on the books to keep criminals from owning guns, but they get them anyway. Is there supposed to be some kind of gun control undertone to this thread? :)

You beat me to it, but I was thinking this too. :th_wave:

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

T'wont be long before we hear about the gun fight down at the old OK play ground.

Yeah and momma, don't forget when you are packing your boy's lunch to make sure you pack his gun and make sure it's loaded.

And poppa, you can buy him a shoulder holster for his fifteenth birthday.....and don't forget a little hide-out gun he can strap around his ankle.

To say that guns don't kill people, it's people who do, is about the most stupid statement I've heard. Cars don't kill people either, it's the driver of the car that does. If America was to stop supplying the Palistinians with arms, The Israelis wouldn't have to arm themselves to protect their families and their land. Guns in the hands of the wrong people, do kill. Ya can't hate someone to death, There's no harm in a bottle of whiskey sitting on a shelf. It's when someone takes it down and drinks it is when the trouble starts.

I'm not against owning a gun for protection, but there has to be a line drawn, on who can own one.