Ddavid from NC

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  940
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

Don't you wish He was here already or you were home sometimes? I know I do!!! And yet i bear the longsuffering as everyone else does for the sake of our brothers and sisters who are still lost and the more perfectting of the saints! :whistling:

For myself, it is only when I allow 'stuff' to get in the way. Otherwise, I would be quite indignant when there are still so many opportunities to be assisting/helping/blessing others.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Not that it really adds anything to the OP, but I've often wondered about this passage and find it intriguing with regard to the Lord's return:

Luke 18:8 I tell you that He will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?"

In His Love,

Suzanne

Luke 18:8 I tell you that He will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?"

I have pondered that one as well Suzanne. IMO: It may require quite an indepth discussion to delve into that simple verse.

Good point though.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57

I most definitely agree with EricH and the scholarly one :41:

Don't you wish He was here already or you were home sometimes? I know I do!!! And yet i bear the longsuffering as everyone else does for the sake of our brothers and sisters who are still lost and the more perfectting of the saints! :blink:

I guess that would make me the "unscholarly one" :41:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  99
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I am reading a very good book at the moment by Dr Chuck Missler. He is talking about time and dimensions and how there is no time outside of our dimension and with God.

For us, there is time and we eargerly await the Lord's return.

But God has already set that day, planned it. He dosn't experience the time frame, like we do.

I'm enjoying the book but finding it a little difficult to understand at times.

It's good to read the interpretations of this scripture.

I would have a hard "time" with a book like that. I struggle with time, I guess. I find it to be weird. My hubby always likes to examine things of time. Think back on the past, revisit it, etc. Whereas I don't really, and I don't get "age" very well. For the most part I have a hard time determining how I feel, "age-wise". It's not something that is big with me. Sometimes I feel like I have no age, but my body will tell me differently than my soul. :emot-wave:

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

Erich... :24: I am sorry...I just coud not remember the name and if I could not remember at least i could find a attribute so he would know to whom I refer.... :24:

That verse Suzanne has always been on my mind. Even with his apostles he got upset over their lack of faith.

Theer is no sense of timing outside of this place at all, and musically spesking also in the heavens there is no time either to music I have heard. It is hard to explain but even though , God still took the time to measure things out for us in certain places, that we may understand...thats a wonderful dad! :24:

I was reading this in my quiet time this morning. It jumped out at me with regard to speeding the coming of the Lord AND with regard to the question, "will He find faith?".

It answered both questions.

Here is what I was reading about this morning. It had to do with vindicating those who held firmly to the Truth of God's Word and did not depart from It! It is a story of redemption and vindication for those who continued to believe Him! It is the prayer of a man who was in mourning because of the departure within most, who had turned from God's Word and instead created their own worship of their choosing. This man realized that the people no longer feared the ONE TRUE GOD, because He had remained silent for a long time, as opposed to His Mighty Works, of old, like with Moses and the Israelites, the parting of the sea, the water out of the rock, the manna, ALL of the many miraculous and terrifying sites that revealed the Majesty of God. In the middle of the 63rd chapter of the Book of Isaiah, there is the witness of one who calls out in acknowledgment of God, knowing that His Works in the past were of great magnitude, and that in order for the people to get back to "faith/believing" again, they must be "shaken" by the Majesty of God. (We cannot even begin to imagine how terrifying and awesome the Works of God are, unless we see them!) The prayer of the person in 63/64 of Isaiah, acknowledges that we have lost our fear of God, and that it has caused us great damage. He cries out for God to speak again, no matter how awesome/terrifying this may be. He is asking for a shake up! I believe that this is what is being referenced in Luke 18:8, and I believe it is necessary for those who have continued to hold fast to the Truth of God's Word, to also cry out, knowing full-well that it may bring a calamity of the likes we have never witnessed in our times. But, unless this refining comes, we will not be healed of our wickedness.

Isaiah 57

"Whom have you so dreaded and feared that you have been false to me, and have neither remembered me nor pondered this in your hearts? Is it not because I have long been silent that you do not fear me?

Isaiah 63

17 O Lord, why have You made us stray from Your ways, And hardened our heart from Your fear? Return for Your servants' sake, The tribes of Your inheritance. 18 Your holy people have possessed it but a little while; Our adversaries have trodden down Your sanctuary. 19 We have become like those of old, over whom You never ruled, Those who were never called by Your name.

Isaiah 64

1 Oh, that You would rend the heavens! That You would come down! That the mountains might shake at Your presence-- 2 As fire burns brushwood, As fire causes water to boil-- To make Your name known to Your adversaries, That the nations may tremble at Your presence! 3 When You did awesome things for which we did not look, You came down, The mountains shook at Your presence. 4 For since the beginning of the world Men have not heard nor perceived by the ear, Nor has the eye seen any God besides You, Who acts for the one who waits for Him. 5 You meet him who rejoices and does righteousness, Who remembers You in Your ways. You are indeed angry, for we have sinned-- In these ways we continue; And we need to be saved.

6 But we are all like an unclean thing, And all our righteousnesses are like filthy rags; We all fade as a leaf, And our iniquities, like the wind, Have taken us away. 7 And there is no one who calls on Your name, Who stirs himself up to take hold of You; For You have hidden Your face from us, And have consumed us because of our iniquities. 8 But now, O Lord, You are our Father; We are the clay, and You our potter; And all we are the work of Your hand. 9 Do not be furious, O Lord, Nor remember iniquity forever; Indeed, please look--we all are Your people! 10 Your holy cities are a wilderness, Zion is a wilderness, Jerusalem a desolation. 11 Our holy and beautiful temple, Where our fathers praised You, Is burned up with fire; And all our pleasant things are laid waste. 12 Will You restrain Yourself because of these things, O Lord? Will You hold Your peace, and afflict us very severely?

Luke 21:36 Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man."

In His Love,

Suzanne

Guest Xfollower

hmmmmm , this is interesting , notice Jesus's 1st miracle & His reply to His mother , woman ,,,, it is not yet my time. Everything Christ did , seemed to be on a timetable & a plan, yet , an allowance was made & a miracle done , seemingly , against that timetable & plan .

Welcome to Worthy Xfollower.