• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  940
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

:whistling::blink::24:

Thank you Miss Scarletprayers.

On that note: I think I will take a time out and go sit in the corner for a few mintues.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

:whistling::blink::24:

Thank you Miss Scarletprayers.

On that note: I think I will take a time out and go sit in the corner for a few mintues.

Spoil sport........................... :o

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

I realize you have as many here have their ears pierced. Now, how many of those with pierced ears are going to get those rings and keep stretching their ear lobes creating an ever larger hole?

I think many here might find that a little distasteful. Perhaps even you.

Shalom Richard,

No, not even me.

When I am ministering to someone, I focus on what the Holy Spirit is trying to say to that person. I have ministered in jails, on street corners and other places.

Whether someone has tattoos or piercings or cuttings does not affect my willingness to share the truth of the Gospel to them.

I am sorry that you cut yourself at a time in your life when you needed the comfort of pain. I am thankful that G-d has brought you from that place. G-d bless you.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Please no one take offense at this comment it is just a subjective observation with no one in mind or any specific thread or any specific comment on this thread. I have been pretty heavily involved on the boards here for 2 months. It is interesting thinking back to watch overall trends and personalities. I think its ironic to watch people be adamantly conservative in one area and extremely open minded in other areas. It is unpredictable, somebody who thinks we shouldn't eat out on Sunday, may care less what anyone thinks about their consuming an alcholic beverage in public. Or they don't attend church anywhere, but insist Saturday is the Sabbath. Or have no problem with tatoos, but you had better wear a dress. Or its personal preference to smoke whatever, but don't go to a movie with a four letter word. Or Christian music better not sound like rock or hip hop, have you seen the latest slasher flick. Or vice versa on any of the preceding. I remember, when Christians used to say, I don's cuss, don't chew, & don't associate with them that do. Christians didn't dance, go to pool halls, the movies, or play cards. And I am not dismissing my personal contradictions in any of these areas. I am just making an observation thats all. Take it for what it is worth. Aren't you glad the basis of our faith is grace and progressive sancitification, and God expects us to respond to our genuine convicting of the Holy Spirit whether we are in the first grade of development or the 12th?

I'd pretty much be on your "No Call" list on all of these...........excellent observation and final point! :whistling:

• Group:  Diamond Member

Please no one take offense at this comment it is just a subjective observation with no one in mind or any specific thread or any specific comment on this thread. I have been pretty heavily involved on the boards here for 2 months. It is interesting thinking back to watch overall trends and personalities. I think its ironic to watch people be adamantly conservative in one area and extremely open minded in other areas. It is unpredictable, somebody who thinks we shouldn't eat out on Sunday, may care less what anyone thinks about their consuming an alcholic beverage in public. Or they don't attend church anywhere, but insist Saturday is the Sabbath. Or have no problem with tatoos, but you had better wear a dress. Or its personal preference to smoke whatever, but don't go to a movie with a four letter word. Or Christian music better not sound like rock or hip hop, have you seen the latest slasher flick. Or vice versa on any of the preceding. I remember, when Christians used to say, I don's cuss, don't chew, & don't associate with them that do. Christians didn't dance, go to pool halls, the movies, or play cards. And I am not dismissing my personal contradictions in any of these areas. I am just making an observation thats all. Take it for what it is worth. Aren't you glad the basis of our faith is grace and progressive sancitification, and God expects us to respond to our genuine convicting of the Holy Spirit whether we are in the first grade of development or the 12th?

No offense to be taken IMO. For I have made the same observations in life and also stand guilty as charged.

Well said.

Spoil sport........................... :24:

Some people just don't play well with others :whistling:

:blink:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Do you practice orthodox Judaism?

No Sir, <cough choke splutter>

I am a Christian. A simple follower of the Way, one of the Israel of God.

So then you're a Chrsitian who also follows the mosaic law? I'm afraid I'm not understanding your previous statement with regard to mixed threads?

No, not even me.

When I am ministering to someone, I focus on what the Holy Spirit is trying to say to that person. I have ministered in jails, on street corners and other places.

Whether someone has tattoos or piercings or cuttings does not affect my willingness to share the truth of the Gospel to them.

That is good.

Many are able too. Some however are just not, and I do not think any less of them for it.

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

I think its ironic to watch people be adamantly conservative in one area and extremely open minded in other areas.

Shalom David,

No offense taken, but perhaps some misconceptions that should be addressed.

I don't see "conservative" and "open-minded" as opposites at all.

What I see is that people are individuals, and blanket generalities do not apply, neither does trying to "box" Christians into categories by convictions, denominations, gender, age or anything else.

We are individual and multi-faceted. G-d made us intricate and observers who think of us as one-dimensional end up being surprised by some of our responses. That just means the observer needs to look deeper than the surface.

And thank G-d He made us all individuals with the ability to think, pray and hear from Him.

Do you practice orthodox Judaism?

No Sir, <cough choke splutter>

I am a Christian. A simple follower of the Way, one of the Israel of God.

So then you're a Chrsitian who also follows the mosaic law? I'm afraid I'm not understanding your previous statement with regard to mixed threads?

No. I am Christian who upholds the law. I am saved by grace through faith alone, and even my faith is a gift from God.

Romans 3:31; Ephesians 2:8-10.

I personally do not wear mixed threads. That is my choice, it does not save me, it does not make me righteous, it is simply a choice that I have made.

For a woman especially in this day and age, it is a choice that would be very hard. Again though, it is a personal choice that I have made.

In His love,

Richard