• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

you started me thinking about the meaning of names so i checked up on 'reuben' also. it means who sees the son; the vision of the son

that would certainly explain why he did what he did in Genesis 37:21

But when Reuben heard of their scheme, he came to Joseph

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

:noidea::whistling: wow...Thanks..I just got goosebumps...Didn't notice that. See how we need each other...One sees in part and another sees in another part. Thanks fraught. Nice thing to meditate on.

I cannot imagine how many times when talking to others, people need to see Christ in the old testament scriptures. They can see God...but find it hard to see Christ except for the usual prophetic scriptures.

I'll be back.. If anyone else wants to add anything, please do so. I will return to move to the next tribe.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

just a real quick addition to your prior asking about eldest children. i'm the oldest of 4 daughters (my poor parents) !! it can be a burden. it can easily trigger rebellion also if too much responsibility for the younger siblings is put upon you.

Before I go to Simeon I do want to mention that i believe also the restoration that occurs , the gate of the New Jerusalem proves that through the blood of Jesus, Reuben sins are removed and the firstborn priveleges are restored. Amazing!

Father I just pray you take us into the depths of truth as we search for the secrets hidden in thy word. in Jesus name ..Amen

SIMEON~~~ Genesis 29:33 " And she concieved again, and bore a son; and said, Because TheLord hath heard that I was hated, He has therfore given me this Son also; and she called his name Simeon."

His name actully does mean 'he hears.'

The hebrew word is shimown ( shim-one) one who hears and obeys.

It is not enough to only hear...we need to obey to..I found this to be number two in my walk. One gets saved and now I needed to hear not only the voice of God, the Holy Spirit which was not easy to discern at first...afterwards to obey what I have heard. Whether it was instruction...to sit and pray...to do a bible study, to walk in a specific scripture, to repent of something. There is so much too hear in a already noisy and busy world.

The cares of the world, the trials, running to and fro with our children, hubands wives and so on.....

Can you here Jesus calling you to say "sit My Daughter, Sit my son have sabbath with me, rest take a deep breath..let me renew you. I missed you! Ny arms are opened."

Can you hear Him say,"Sit I need you to pray with me..I am burdened"

Can you hear Him say "I love you!'

Can you hear him say " Don't do that"

There were three distinct times I remember disobeying God and one had dire consequences, although a lack of understanding was a part, I did not go further to seek understanding. Deep with my soul I was angry, rebellious and did not want to hear. For the hearing meant I was accountable to obey..I did not want to obey.

The other two times were such strong rebukes that I repented and did what He wanted. I was thinking it is better not to hear than hear and be in disobedience. LoL He is faithful to us all even if we are not. His Gracy and Mercy abound. Praise the Lord Jesus...thank-you father!

We see our children pretend they don't hear you. We are his children and try the same things.

I don't know how many of you have children but to me it is quite annoying to constantly repeat myself to by daughter. Sometimes I want to pull my hair out of my head. Other times I Just want o get a reel to reel recording that says "throw your garbage out! Pick up your toys! did you brush your teeth!" It gets monotonous and boring.

The Holy Spirit is constantly nuding us the same way.

Simeonites could hear those nudgings that some cannot hear. You do not have to tell them more than once. It must be a breath of fresh air for the Lord to command a simeonite.

But they learn the things they learn from rebellion and suffuring, yet they become a Spirit led , controlled by God tribe. (hebrews 5:8)

The Symbol is the pitcher and dagger... Tomorrow is another day so I am going to search the boards and see you guys later. Oh yeah there is another sybol also... I think the city gates probably Shalem but I am not that far in my notes.... ;)

hello I am sorry ...I am just moving this to the front again :24::(

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Reuben - A son....A new beginning (raah meaning to make to enjoy; to present ben anointed one a son)

Reuben signified to me Salvation and a new beginning in Christ Jesus that I obtained from Through the cross, Happy in that joyous love affair with Jesus.

Symbol - the sun or blossoming...a new beginning as the sun is the beginning of a new day

Breastplate stone - sardius (edit: ruby)

Simeon - 'he hears.' (shimown ( shim-one) one who hears and obeys)

Simeonites could hear those nudgings that some cannot hear. You do not have to tell them more than once. It must be a breath of fresh air for the Lord to command a Simeonite.

But they learn the things they learn from rebellion and suffuring, yet they become a Spirit led , controlled by God tribe. (hebrews 5:8)

Symbol - the pitcher and dagger

Breastplate stone - ?

Edited by nebula

Their gemstone is Topaz.

I did not go there yet cause I am trying to figure out How to tie it in. There are many different kinds of topaz, the yellow topaz...kind of brownish and there is a blue topaz. Job talks about the Ethiopian topazin Job 28..

But I love gemstones and have a book to look them up.

A true topaz breaks off parellel to its base plane. meaning there is always a smooth side while the outter looks rough.

Okay Job says the stone is like unto wisdom... We think as people that education and Learning is wisdom. Yet we acquire both...there is a greater wisdom that only God can give. I will be back ,going to eat. but I also want to talk about the pitcher and dagger. The earthen vessel and the warfare like part of who Simeon is..... :thumbsup:

hey Nebula....are you a writer? The outline stuff is great...I laugh cos I could never do that..I would think everything is important :o:o

Fraught I hated being the oldest. Got in trouble for things I had nothing to do with...I was The reponsible one...Then I learned to embrace my position after I understood The word of God and the things I have learned because of being firstborn. :thumbsup:

I did not go there yet cause I am trying to figure out How to tie it in.

OK - but I missed where you mentioned how the sardius fits in with Reuban.

hey Nebula....are you a writer?

I made A's in English - I'll put it that way! I'm not a professional writer, though. But I love putting pieces together and organizing like that.

The outline stuff is great..

Great - so you don't mind me building on this throughout the discussion? I did that because I found myself needing to go back and compare with Reuben, so I figured it would be easier for me to put them together and keep building on the tribes as they developed.

Hmmm . . . I did a google search on the stones, and I'm finding that there is disagreement on which stones they were.

Option 1

Simeon = saphire

This one lines up with what you said, I think