IGNORED

What does it mean when its says Jesus learned obedience?

Ddavid from NC

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

who, in the days of His flesh, when He had offered up prayers and supplications, with vehement cries and tears to Him who was able to save Him from death, and was heard because of His godly fear, though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered. And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him, Hebrews 5:7-9NKJV

This is one of those questions that stretches your mind, Jesus conquering His humanity by learning. I would be intersted in your comments & interpretation of what it means by Jesus learning obedience?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  523
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

_That we all learn obedience through trials and tribulations that bring us closer to our Father and to be "thankful for the thorns in life"... Have you ever prayer for more patience, only to experience more situations/experiences that call for patience and then learn through God what is really required for patience... Funny how God works that way. :whistling:

Guest angelstar811

To me it just shows how much like Christ we should be. We have to learn obedience and to learn obedience we have to be willing no matter what it takes to listen to Christ. If we want to be like HIM, we have to be willing to have our hearts broken spiritually. Like the other poster said, in learning patience, don't pray for patience because one will go through trials and tribulations in order to learn patience. I pray that we ask for God to show us what to do in our daily lives and if we listen to Him then we will learn His obedience as He needed to learn obedience to His Father.

who, in the days of His flesh, when He had offered up prayers and supplications, with vehement cries and tears to Him who was able to save Him from death, and was heard because of His godly fear, though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered. And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him, Hebrews 5:7-9NKJV

This is one of those questions that stretches your mind, Jesus conquering His humanity by learning. I would be intersted in your comments & interpretation of what it means by Jesus learning obedience?

[/quote

• Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  523
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

'angelstar811' date='Mar 14 2008, 03:03 PM' post='1138040'

To me it just shows how much like Christ we should be. We have to learn obedience and to learn obedience we have to be willing no matter what it takes to listen to Christ. If we want to be like HIM, we have to be willing to have our hearts broken spiritually. Like the other poster said, in learning patience, don't pray for patience because one will go through trials and tribulations in order to learn patience. I pray that we ask for God to show us what to do in our daily lives and if we listen to Him then we will learn His obedience as He needed to learn obedience to His Father.

Well said and welcome to Worthy!

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

bump

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  06/05/1965

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

we do not even begin to touch on submission, until we disagree..... if we do not disagree, there is not a problem, it is when we have something that is unpleasant before us that we have to learn submission or obedience.

Christ, had to learn obedience, cause prior to coming to the earth, He was it.... he had to learn to take direction from HUMANS...

I can hear people now.... "I do what I am suppose to do unless i disagree with it"..... this is something the Lord has been helping me develop over the last couple years. submission. me? head of the house? father? husband? been in leadership positions for over 30 years? Yep, me... learning how to become humble again, learning how to do things other ways, even though they are not the same way I would do them.... there is usually more then one way to do something, your way, and MY WAY, and my way being the (ahem) right way..... lol..... even though i may not agree that a certain way of doing something is the best way, if some one else says it is to be done this way (normally a supervisor) i need to take heed and be submissive, or obedient to it, unless.....

thats right.......UNLESS......

it goes against the Lord.....

mike

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Ddavid "Jesus conquering His humanity by learning."

I would have to agree with the above, for Christ to be able to intercede for us, to understand and to have gone through everything we have to go through, I believe he also had to learn to subdue the flesh, and put His eyes above.

i think the the example jesus set in this instant is an example of how we are to be obedient loving kind and most of all an example to unbelievers and most of all is to love them thanks little bear