WN: Messianics: Attack on boy one of many - Jerusalem Post

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.44
  • Content Count:  44,496
  • Content Per Day:  7.19
  • Days Won:  2

Members of the Messianic community in Israel said Monday that while the near-fatal attack last week on 15-year-old Ami Ortiz of Ariel marks a major escalation, it comes after years of anti-missionary violence directed at the community by both Jews and Muslims.

http://www.worthynews.com/news/jpost-com-s...rticle-Printer/

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I hope you all read this article.

It is pertinent for how we pray for Israel.

And keep in mind that the owner/founder of this board lives in Israel.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  657
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/15/1959

Some friends of mine flew to Israel Friday to be with the Ortiz family. They have an apartment next door to this family in Israel.

They are asking for who ever will to send Ami a postcard to:

Ami Ortiz

P.O. Box 1903

Ariel Israel 40700

And if any would like to send a donation of any kind go to www. HaYovel.com

The info is there. These are the Waller family from TN and they work in Israel and you can learn more about their ministry and more about their relationship with Ami and his family.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,075
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Days Won:  3

:thumbsup:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  421
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

I hope you all read this article.

It is pertinent for how we pray for Israel.

And keep in mind that the owner/founder of this board lives in Israel.

"I read the article carefully and had not realised that the founder of this board lives in Israel. Thank you.

What is being described sounds rather like the early church.

Ortiz said that he has also been exposed to mild anti-missionary campaigns initiated by Jews. Over the years pamphlets have been distributed in Ariel with his picture on them warning that Ortiz and others that belong to the Messianic community are "masquerading as Jews." But in general, Ortiz, who has brought significant Evangelical Christian financial support to Ariel, enjoys the backing of Ariel Mayor Ron Nachman.

Rabbi Shalom Lipshitz, head of Yad Le'achim, the largest anti-missionary organization in Israel, said that he opposed all violent anti-missionary action. But he added that he saw the Messianic community as an enemy to the Jewish people.

"There is no one who hates Jews more than they do," said Lipshitz. "They are trying to uproot Jewish faith, just like the Spanish did in the Inquisition. The only thing different is that these people cannot use physical force like the Spanish did. But they try to take advantage of the poor. They prey on Jews who do not know anything about Jewish heritage.

It sounds that a very efficient campaign is being carried out to evangelise and persuade Jews to convert from their religion to Christianity.

If so that will inevitably lead to antagonism. Resentment would happen in a similar way, I think, were Jews in a Christian community successfully converting evangelical Christians from their faith.

What confused me somewhat is the idea that this should be surprising. Perhaps I have read the article without understanding what it was trying to convey.

Whatever, I am very sad for the boy, and for all children who are caught up in these conflicts and suffer.