• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  775
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/12/1987

For me, I have joy when I worship God. You ask where does your pastor get that joy, that shine on His face? Well, when you worship God with you heart mind body and strength, God is so happy. And in turn worshiping God, makes you happy. There is nothing better, imo, than worshipping God. There are so many ways you can do it. Maybe part of your relationship, is that instead of asking the questions, and talking, and being stressed, you might praise God!

Worship is more than singing, worship is really a life-style and an attitude. But if you turn your mind to positive, and do things as unto the Lord, and not unto man, then God can be glorified in all that you do.

I don't have a lot of time either, but I love taking long hot baths. So, when I take a bath, I tend to pray. either I pray, or I put the c.d. player in there and listen to praise type music. When I really want to be in God's resence, or just crawl into His lap, I go outside on my porch. There is an old wooden swing, and it is a great place. Surrounded by bushes, and trees, with the perfect spot to look out at the stars, or the sunset. When I am on the swing, it is like God is rocking His lilttle baby, it is just our special thing.

Develope a place, or a time, that you can just be still and know that He is God. That you can crawl into His lap and let Him love you.

Oh, and the timid thing to pray. That is common. I used to feel uncomfortable praying, and my mind used to stray alot!! When you pray, it is like talking to your friend, God loves you, is your Father, and desires to be your friend. God wants to hear all of what you are having to say. Pray without ceasing. Prayers don't have to be long and religiostic. They just need to be from your heart. Sometimes, when I pray, I picture God in front of me, that way, you are more focused. If you imagine who you are talking to, sometimes you don't feel like you are just tlaking to the air or something lol.

There is no silver bullet :t2::t2: It is a personal thing with God. And yeah, it can really be frustrating. And you are not always going to feel God's presence. I know I don't. It took the longest time for me to realize that God was here, and that His presense can be felt. I can understand the dryness to. I think that as you search the Sciptures and as you develope your relationship that God will reveal Himself, and His presence to you more than you can imagine :D

Keep on going! You are doing great! And be encouraged today!!!

"Faith Cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God."

James 1:

2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. 6But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. 7 For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways"

Ephesians 2:

8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

Guest green_ink

I think I have been led to discover what is separating me from sensing the presence of GOd in my life, and it's a biggie: SIN. I was at an Alpha class at my church last evening, and the talk was about "why did Jesus die?" Well, I know the answers to that question, but the speaker gave an illustration that spoke to me, of how sin is a barrier to our communication with God, and how, when Jesus was on the cross and cried out "My God, why have you forsaken me", it was because all of our sin was on him and had blocked his relationship with the father.

Reflecting, I think I've confessed my sins with my mouth, but not my heart. Speaking them but not really acknowledging what it means. I was moved to stop by my church for prayer this morning onthe way to work. Something I've thought of doing many times (because I find it hard to find a sufficiently private spot at home for more than brief prayers) but never did until today. It was kind of creepy at first being in there in the early dawn. And as I prayed for forgiveness, listing many of the sins I'd only given lip service to before, there was a cracking sound! (like a little power surge or something in the sound system, which should not have even been on!) oooo. creepy again. I continued praying, and asked God for another sign, and a few minutes later, I heard a noise at the window. When I looked, a female cardinal was flying at the clear glass trying to get in. THe bird tapped at the window for maybe half a minute before it gave up. What a sign!! For all that I think I've got it together, there is still a barrier to the Holy SPirit entering! How could I miss that before?

So now Im working on doing a proper confession. COuld wish I were Catholic, where the rite of confession and penance are a common thing people do. Seems helpful.

Anyway, wanted to share my insight!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

OK - here comes one of my stories. Now, all the members that know me are thinkin "Oh no - here we go!" :laugh:

But what you've just said has so many "trigger" words that I just have to tell you this.

There was a really bleak time in my life when I had pretty much hit rock bottom spiritually speaking. I had just returned to attending church again and my pastor kept talking about the Holy Spirit indwelling us and that in order for us to sense it we had to hit the power swith, just like turning on a light. Just flip that switch. Well, needless to say, I had no idea how to flip a switch that I couldn't see. But I had problems in me, big ones. Mainly, I had hate in me and it was killing me. Literally, I think. Knowing that I was not going to survive like I was, I got on my knees and forgave the person that I hated. And I meant it. I told God that I couldn't carry that hate anymore and that I was giving it all to Him. And I meant it. I forgave the person, and God took care of the hate. I sat there and cried for a long time. Then, when I got to my feet, I promise you I felt like I was walking on air! I felt so light and so calm. Unnaturally calm. Beautifully calm. And warm. Oh what a wondrous God we serve! I felt His presence that day like no other. I finally flipped that power swith. I forgave the one person in my life that had wounded me the worst.

Now, what you could do for yourself, is ask God to reveal to you if there is anyone that you need to forgive. Or, if there is an unrepented sin. He is faithful to reveal to us what we ask, if we truly mean it. And the Holy Spirit will bring conviction.

There is so much more to this story, but this gives you the jist of it.

Clearly, the Holy Spirit is calling you. :il: How awesome is that! :(

YSIC

trav

Guest green_ink

That you for sharing, traveller.

You know, I found out that the episcopalians have a little thing called "reconciliation of a penitent". Essentially, confession and absolution by a priest, and similar, I suppose, to what the roman catholics have.

The whole confession thing was just really eating at me. I talked to the rector, and he offered to do the reconciliation of a penitent with me. We talked alot about sin issues first, then did the rite. Very powerful experience! I do like things concrete, and having a person confer absolution in the name of GOd to me personally and individually was very uplifting. I know I still need to work on the truly repenting of sin, but I think the rite was the first step I needed.

Thanks, you all!

:rolleyes: