"Is lying always wrong?"

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I might as well end this discussion for every christian here trying to seek the truth.

Exodus 1

15 Then the king of Egypt spoke to the Hebrew midwives, of whom the name of one was Shiphrah and the name of the other Puah; 16 and he said,

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

you arent listening......when it says a liar it doesnt mean someone who has told a lie, it means someone who frequently does it. Does not the bible say murderers wont go to heaven, yet Moses is surely there? Murder is not always a sin; if it was, that would mean stumbling across a ritual sacrafice you would be required to let the satanists kill the person...... Dont be naive, God is not bound by your pathetic laws. A lie done out of love for justice is the same as a murder to preserve peace.... Just listen to what God said. In my last post i showed that he rewarded someone for lying to save lives.

Hebrew 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

if he has changed what he respects, then he is a liar. Dont be fooled; these laws you read are guidelines, to keep those with less understanding from sinning. If you cannot comprehend my words, then yes, i tell you that you should never tell a lie, as you have not realized the greatest commandment: love the lord your god with all you are, and love your neighbor as yourself.

If, to follow the commandment of no lying, you must show break the commandment to love god, which is correct? to do what Jesus said was greatest, or to follow another rule? He who has ears to hear, let him hear

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

you arent listening......when it says a liar it doesnt mean someone who has told a lie, it means someone who frequently does it. Does not the bible say murderers wont go to heaven, yet Moses is surely there? Murder is not always a sin; if it was, that would mean stumbling across a ritual sacrafice you would be required to let the satanists kill the person...... Dont be naive, God is not bound by your pathetic laws. A lie done out of love for justice is the same as a murder to preserve peace.... Just listen to what God said. In my last post i showed that he rewarded someone for lying to save lives.

Hebrew 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

if he has changed what he respects, then he is a liar. Dont be fooled; these laws you read are guidelines, to keep those with less understanding from sinning. If you cannot comprehend my words, then yes, i tell you that you should never tell a lie, as you have not realized the greatest commandment: love the lord your god with all you are, and love your neighbor as yourself.

If, to follow the commandment of no lying, you must show break the commandment to love god, which is correct? to do what Jesus said was greatest, or to follow another rule? He who has ears to hear, let him hear

This is why I posted this scripture -

And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: - Acts 17:30

God may have allowed what he did in the Old Testament, but now Jesus is commanding us to repent of our sins.

And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life. - Revelation 21:27

For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. - Revelation 22:15

You will notice that both of these verses say "A" lie. Meaning only one lie.

You are trying to justify sin.

As far as the greatest commandments, they are defined here -

Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law. - Romans 13:8-10

Just because love for God and neighbors are the greatest commandments doesn't mean that they are the only commandments.

• Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

First of all when you say time of ignorance.......that explains why god would forgive it, not why he would reward them for it.

But which is sin? to lie and save an innocent man from being beaten, or to deny him your love for the sake of your purity? Choose for yourself; as for me, i will save men, preserve justice and innocence, and if God punishes me for that, then so be it. Better for a thousand saved souls to enter heaven and mine to be lost, then for me to remain "pure" and they be lost. I will show love, and if the God of love cant take that then i do not understand the bible, not one word.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Just one question.......if I five year old ask his mum or dad where he came from? Do you tell him the whole truth, a half truth or do you tell him he was found on the door step? :ph34r::whistling:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.84
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Just one question.......if I five year old ask his mum or dad where he came from? Do you tell him the whole truth, a half truth or do you tell him he was found on the door step? :ph34r::whistling:
I would tell a 5 year old that they came from God. No lie.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Just one question.......if I five year old ask his mum or dad where he came from? Do you tell him the whole truth, a half truth or do you tell him he was found on the door step? :noidea::thumbsup:
I would tell a 5 year old that they came from God. No lie.

It's not the whole truth, though, is it. God created Adam and Eve and their offspring were a result of copulation. What about the more inquisitive five year olds that want you elucidate?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

LOL my son is ten....

Mommy and daddy wanted to have a baby, and God made it possible. It's a way that mommy and daddy can show that they love each other.....most kids will run off screaming at this point. If the child keeps asking keep the answers on his level. My son is 10 and knows exactly where he came from. He knew at age 9. He kept asking more and more, and I kept giving small bites of info as he was ready for it.

DOn't lie to em.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/11/1963

I want to say it all depends but deep down inside I know it's wrong.

Lying is deceiving. There is no truth in deception.

Now to your link.

[/quote Alie brings death and truth brings life ]

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/11/1963

a lie brings death and the truth brings life