• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  161
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/05/1975

What does it mean when people say that you "opened a door" in reference to the occult? I know someone who used to mess with the occult and her Uncle told her that when she was doing that she opened a door. What does that mean? Like in the spirit world? A door to hell? Does anyone know anything about this? I know God can do all things, she is now saved, can God close this door for her?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/24/1969

It is very easy to open the door to occultic things. Playing an occultic game, doing a seance, even sometimes something as simple as wearing an emblem. Opening a door means that you are giving Satan a foothold somehow, and it doesn't take much sometimes. I'm sure there are others here who can explain it much better:>)

At times, depending what you have dabbled with, it can open a door to hell, to the spirits.

Yes God can close these doors, but you really have to repent of those things, change your ways, your views toward those things, and ask God to close the door. I got really messed up in some occultic things at one time as well, I didn't just open the door, I think I removed it completely, but when I came to my end, and I prayed and asked forgiveness, claimed the blood of Christ...suddenly He put the door back up and gave me the protection and peace I really needed at that time:>)

It is very easy to open the door to occultic things. Playing an occultic game, doing a seance, even sometimes something as simple as wearing an emblem. Opening a door means that you are giving Satan a foothold somehow, and it doesn't take much sometimes. I'm sure there are others here who can explain it much better:>)

At times, depending what you have dabbled with, it can open a door to hell, to the spirits.

Yes God can close these doors, but you really have to repent of those things, change your ways, your views toward those things, and ask God to close the door. I got really messed up in some occultic things at one time as well, I didn't just open the door, I think I removed it completely, but when I came to my end, and I prayed and asked forgiveness, claimed the blood of Christ...suddenly He put the door back up and gave me the protection and peace I really needed at that time:>)

She's a friend from church so I know she really has finally repented wholeheartedly but she seems to be really worried about that. I told her she should talk to the Pastor about it. How do you know the door has been closed?

Thank you by the way!

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  03/20/1968

You couldn't have said it better.

It's very easy to open doors for Satan to get a hold of you, by small things like reading stars, horoscopes etc. Years ago, when I was pregnant with my daughter, I played the game where you hold a ring over your hand to see what the gender is. That was all very innocent, until my daughter was about 8 months old and I couldn't get near her. I spoke to our pastor and he send a person to me who was a satanist and got saved, She told me that I opened a door for satan and gave him permission to be in charge of my unborn child's life.

That is scary, and I know there is probably people who will disagree with me, but I had to really repent and get these bondages broken over me and my child's lifes. I don't want to go that road again.

You couldn't have said it better.

It's very easy to open doors for Satan to get a hold of you, by small things like reading stars, horoscopes etc. Years ago, when I was pregnant with my daughter, I played the game where you hold a ring over your hand to see what the gender is. That was all very innocent, until my daughter was about 8 months old and I couldn't get near her. I spoke to our pastor and he send a person to me who was a satanist and got saved, She told me that I opened a door for satan and gave him permission to be in charge of my unborn child's life.

That is scary, and I know there is probably people who will disagree with me, but I had to really repent and get these bondages broken over me and my child's lifes. I don't want to go that road again.

Wow!!! How scary is that! Something we think is so innocent can really hurt us! Well then wouldn't it be safe to say that at some point, we all have because of our ignorance regarding these things? So God then closes these doors for us and gives us protection right?

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  03/20/1968

Wow!!! How scary is that! Something we think is so innocent can really hurt us! Well then wouldn't it be safe to say that at some point, we all have because of our ignorance regarding these things? So God then closes these doors for us and gives us protection right?

Yes it is scary, and we really do things in ignorance. If we feel there is things in our lives which is a barrier between us and the working of the Holy Spirit in our lifes, it's important to ask God to reveal the things in our lives we did in ignorance, and repend of it. An if we are not sure if we ever did things like this, we can always ask God in true repentence to forgive us anything we did in our ignorance and to break any bondage we placed on ourselves as well as other's through whatever we did, which we are not even aware of

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,338
  • Content Per Day:  0.65

I unknowingly took part in a couple of things when I was a kid. We live in a fallen world so there is no way to totally escape from things that can damage us spiritually. Your friend questioning this could be satan trying to bring confusion and uncertainty or the Holy Spirit bringing conviction. Pray for this to be revealed and God will give guidance but I also suggest speaking with a trusted pastor about this.

I unknowingly took part in a couple of things when I was a kid. We live in a fallen world so there is no way to totally escape from things that can damage us spiritually. Your friend questioning this could be satan trying to bring confusion and uncertainty or the Holy Spirit bringing conviction. Pray for this to be revealed and God will give guidance but I also suggest speaking with a trusted pastor about this.

What do you mean when you say the Holy Spirit bringing about conviction? If she knew she did wrong and says she is fully repented (which I believe she has) then why would the Holy Spirit be trying to bring about conviction? Does this mean she still needs to see the full extent of what she did?

Thanks so much for all of your replies!!!

What do you mean when you say the Holy Spirit bringing about conviction? If she knew she did wrong and says she is fully repented (which I believe she has) then why would the Holy Spirit be trying to bring about conviction? Does this mean she still needs to see the full extent of what she did?

Thanks so much for all of your replies!!!

Hmmm, I think I just answered my own question.... lol

It probably is Satan trying to bring on confusion and uncertainty because her life is totally different since she turned to God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

Hmmm, I think I just answered my own question.... lol

It probably is Satan trying to bring on confusion and uncertainty because her life is totally different since she turned to God.

Exactly, chiquita. Satan will always try to snatch one back when they move closer to God. Tell your friend to rebuke him in Jesus' name every time she feels doubt or confusion about her faith. It really does work. :24: