Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0

It's good manners to at least scan the conversation so you're not being redundant.

Eric, if we're all in a room and people are all discussing and one person is spaced out, then suddenly chimes in and repeats what everyone's been saying people would look at him kinda funny.

Jesus was considerate of others. The gent didn't seem to understand it was an issue of using manners; had nothing to do with arguing an issue.

But then, Eric...my mate - some of us just come from the Old School where we attempt to be polite when entering a room... oh well...

I simply made the point that a person should not imploy exorcism unless they've been given the permission and specific instruction of the Holy Spirit.

So, now that we're past that...it's great to see you online and posting again.

I'll PM you...good seeing you again, bruh..

• 3 months later...
Guest SavedOn22June03

:oww:

I had many demons casted out of me, before and after I was saved on June 22, 2003. The reason was, because I was involed in the occult for 8 years. vampirism and witchcraft. And now I am free and living my life for Jesus Christ, my Lord and savior!

Thankyou Jesus!!!

Amen.

Janet.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  230
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Mark 16:15  And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

16  He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

17  And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18  They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

• Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,550
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  10/15/1943

Well I'm confused :blink:

Me too! :oww:

Here are a two scriptrues referencing what Jesus said about casting out demons.

Matthew 10:8 "Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons:: Freely ye have received, freely give."

Mark 16:17 "These signs shall follow them that believe; in my name shall they cast out demons".

This is something that I am careful with. I think that there are those that have enough faith to cast out demons. I believe that we as Christians can cast out demons in Jesus name.

There are times when I feel like Satan is trying to wrestle me to the ground by instilling fear or confusion in me, etc. and if this goes on for several days, I eventually get enough of it and tell him to just get out of my house in Jesus name. That he has no place in my home because I'm a child of God and usually after I do that, then it's not too long before the fear, etc. is gone. I know this sounds odd, but when I'm struggling with fear, there is a certain place in our living room, that I feel that Satan is. I've never ever visibly seen a spirit or anything that resembled a spirit, but I always feel that when Satan is hassling me with fear or whatever, I SENSE that he is in a certain part of my living room. This does not happen often, but when it does, that's when I tell him to get out of my house.

Other than that, as of now, I don't make a practice of speaking to Satan. I just rely on the Lord.

Also, I think some people concentrate on the activity of demons too much, when they should be thinking about how awesome and powerful Jesus is and how Jesus can set them free from bondage.

I've known some people that blame demons for every single thing that happens in a persons life. They're so much into identifying and confronting demons that they've forgotten about the Lord.

Another reason why I'm careful about this is because it says in the Bible if a demon is cast out of a man and that man is delivered of that demon, but he allows that sin to come back into his life, that seven other demons will enter into him and as a result, he is worse off than he was before.

To me that's pretty scary.

I know there are some people who are probably called by God to cast out demons, but I myself am afraid to engage with it. My trust is in God for deliverance if I need it.

God Bless,

Kitkat

:hug:

dead on, sister!

yes, we as christians are called to cast out demons.... but we are to do so with the full protection of the spiritual armor... and if that armor is all rusty and has chinks in it, we'd better leave this to someone else.

and we do not cast out demons by our own power...

i have, in the past, particpated in "exorcisms" as it is so commonly referred to. it's not a pleasant experience, and i honestly do not believe i am spiritually strong enough at this point in my life to participate in this again.

my father and several men in our church family when i was a child occasionally would cast out demons from an individual. i recall that while the men were doing this, the wives were gathered together deep in prayer. both the husbands and the wives spent days in fasting and prayer beforehand. we youngsters were sent out to play.

casting out demons is not a game. but it is real, and it is scriptural. it's also very dangerous if you are not prepared.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

LadyC,

You make some good points.

yes, we as christians are called to cast out demons.... but we are to do so with the full protection of the spiritual armor... and if that armor is all rusty and has chinks in it, we'd better leave this to someone else.
So lets shine up that armor.

and we do not cast out demons by our own power...
Only by the finger of God.
Lu 11:20  But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you.

i have, in the past, particpated in "exorcisms" as it is so commonly referred to. it's not a pleasant experience, and i honestly do not believe i am spiritually strong enough at this point in my life to participate in this again.
I believe that "exorcism" refers to the religious ritual practiced by the catholic church. "Deliveance" I think describes the ministry by christians. I'm not trying to split hairs.

my father and several men in our church family when i was a child occasionally would cast out demons from an individual. i recall that while the men were doing this, the wives were gathered together deep in prayer. both the husbands and the wives spent days in fasting and prayer beforehand. we youngsters were sent out to play.
Sounds like your church took the Word seriously. I believe it is good and sound that men pray for men only unless women are present. Women should almost never try to cast out demons from men but should support in prayer.

casting out demons is not a game. but it is real, and it is scriptural. it's also very dangerous if you are not prepared.
Absolutely not a game. Jesus told us to do it and that it would be done. It is only dangerous if we are operating in the flesh. If we trust in the Lord we have nothing to fear.

Mr 9:38  And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us.

9:39  But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.

Lu 10:19  Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

LT

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,550
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  10/15/1943

Just a quick interruption, if I may.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Just a quick interruption, if I may.  A.J.T.L., it sure would help out a lot if you divided your posts up into paragraphs that are separated by blank lines. Paragraphs make long posts such as this a lot easier to read.

Much Grace,

~G

AllforJesustheLord:

God-man

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

LCPGUY,

Someone has already informed you that it is scriptural...about casting out demons.

MARK 16:17

Yes, JESUS did say to cast out demons in HIS name.

This is only if there is a manifestation of a demon.

Just remember that this is the LORDS' part ...in setting the captives free.

That you are not alone.The LORD is with you.

But, i have heard testimonies, of Pastors,and christian people say that.... the demon attacked them.

So it is best if you can, to call on prayer warriors to help you ,if you can....

Prayer warriors, a person with a title or not.

We just have to be on guard if such a thing should occur.

We are to go out and win souls for CHRIST.This is what that Pastor should be sending you out for....and not to look for people with demons to cast out of them.

Although, you can be on gaurd...to keep in mind that a demon could manifest, and should get the demon out as soon as possible...depending on the situation, if it is

necessary to call for help or not .

Also, a person can have many strongholds in their life, that it feels like a band

or ,a belt tightening around their head. We need GODS' help.

He is the only one that can pull down strongholds in a person.

2 Corinthians 10:4-5

For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in GOD,for

pulling down strongholds,

casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against

the knowledge of GOD, bringing every thought into captivity to the

obedience of CHRIST.

LOVE and PEACE to everyone.... :hug: