IGNORED

Scientific Atheist, Who the heck was Jesus?

Guest mscoville

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  287
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

If atheists don't believe in God, why are they always mad at him? Are they completely bonkers?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  102
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/20/1990

OK KIDS HERE GOES...............IF AN ATHIEST EVER SAID THAT SOMETHING WAS UNFAIR, THEN HE IS ADMITTING THAT THERE IS A HIGHER AUTHORITY. IF THERE IS NO GOD THEN THERE IS NO WRONG THERE IS NO UNFAIR. IF THERE IS NO GOD WHY NOT ROB STEAL KILL, IT WOULD BE OK, ITS NOT WRONG BECAUSE THERE IS NO WRONG.

moral absolutes... good point! :D

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Completely wrong and Un-founded.

OK KIDS HERE GOES...............IF AN ATHIEST EVER SAID THAT SOMETHING WAS UNFAIR, THEN HE IS ADMITTING THAT THERE IS A HIGHER AUTHORITY. IF THERE IS NO GOD THEN THERE IS NO WRONG THERE IS NO UNFAIR. IF THERE IS NO GOD WHY NOT ROB STEAL KILL, IT WOULD BE OK, ITS NOT WRONG BECAUSE THERE IS NO WRONG.

It's called morally correct...natural selection. Soceity tells us what is good and what is bad. Even for christians, whens the last time you listened to a song by queen Did you feel Kind of lame listening to a Queer bands music.. Do you think the Holy spirit has anything to do with that? Well no if that were so why do Non-christian straight men find it in disgust aswell?

Edited by Rerun

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

I don't believe there is such thing as an Atheist....

Could you explain your reasoning for that statement?

Softballgirl has said it all really.

To BELIEVE that G-d does not exist would take a leap of absolute faith that is not within mans ability to do. Although a Christian makes a leap of faith... it is based on solid promises and has a firm historical/sociological/geograhical/archaeological and documented basis...apart from the personal testimony of those that speak about the reality of G-d at work in them and the internal work of the Holy Spirit that by the Grace of G-d causes a man to repent and believe.

The very idea of repentence and forgiveness is anathema to those who persist in propping up their own ability to outsmart G-d and overcome any tendency to lay hold of life-eternal with their own limited intelligence. Trying to be faithful and true to a credo that dismisses the very possibility of G-d has to be the height of foolishness in the light of what can be gained or lost. Yeshua/Jesus is not offering a new kitchen or a used car but forgiveness of sins and eternal life...within a historical context and with a wealth of archive material to check out His credentials.

Guest Strservant

Faithless.

You wanted reasoning behind their statements that they do not believe in atheists or that there is such a thing. Yet I challenge you to give reasoning NOT YOUR OPINION of why there is no God. It can't be done. We as Christians cannot prove God anymore than atheists can disprove Him. Jesus said we must believe by faith. There are those who would say that we are stupid to believe in something blindly and yet I would say that I know the difference God and Jesus have made in my life. While I agree that we should use the knowledge that the good Lord has given us, we should not presume to question God or His word on the limited knowledge in which we have. I have said it before and I will say it again, we think we are so smart but compared to the knowledge of the ages of the universe and the all knowing God we are extremely minute in knowledge.

It is my hope and prayer that both you and SA will realize God's plan and accept Jesus as your personal Saviour. It does take faith but if one will take that step then God will be made real in their life. It is a presence you can feel dwelling inside you.

Respectfully,

Strservant (Struggling servant)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  01/01/1957

scientific atheist and fathless....you may not believe in God....but be sure he believes in you

Correction...He created them...it never ceases to amaze me how our Creator/Redeemer who brought all things into existence...for His own purposes...patiently allows such unbelief in Him.

You nonbelievers are an inspiration to me...for if YHWH can tolerate such unbelief...and some would say even preordained it...who am i to be any less tolerant of those who oppose my beliefs.

The tender mercies of YHWH are beyond comprehension.

Blessings

• 2 weeks later...
Guest arkon

I would just like to point out , and make one correction on something that was said here.

First, if you do not know your bible very well, you will be lost on what Im about to say. If you would like to take a 'quick' study, read the prophets.

To make a link between christianity and the jewish faith is natural and correct.

However

It is incorrect to say that christianity is an offshoot or cult of judaism. This is the point where you need to know Gods Word.

Gods plan , from the time of the fall in the garden, was to send Jesus to die for us. It was prophesied many times over in the OT. It was also foretold that Israel would reject Christ. If they had not rejected Him, then we most likely would not have the word 'christian' in our vocabulary today. There would still only be jewish..Israelites....Gods chosen people. The Gentiles who chose to recieve the gospel would be considered among their number.

But the jews rejected God by rejecting Jesus. They turned away from Gods word. There are christian israelis,...messianic jews.... aka christians.

So, in following Gods plan...we arrive at Christ...those who broke away, would be the cult...the offshoot.

Modern judaism is an offshoot (if you will) of christianity...and they are no better off than muslims...or atheists...because they have rejected Christ and His Word.

In the end, God will save 144,000 of the jews , through the tribulation. They will accept Christ

Guest olivetree

JESUS is not just some Johnnie come lately.

HE has always[for eternity] existed as the image of the invisible GOD and in HIM dwells ALL the Fullness of the GODHEAD.

Whether you believe in HIM or not does not change the fact of who HE is.

JESUS is the LORD GOD of all of creation and also the REDEEMER of mankind.

Whether you believe in HIM or not ALL of mankind will see HIM in his full glory and bow their knees and confess that JESUS is LORD.For lots of people it will be too late and for us people who are redeemed by HIS blood it will be our homecoming.

If you do not want JESUS [Holy Spirit] in your life now here on earth why would you want to spend eternity with HIM?

I ask the non-believers to invite JESUS CHRIST into your life as your LORD and GOD.

You have everything to gain [for to die in CHRIST is gain.]

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  997
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Scientific Atheist wrote in response:

"QUOTE

Why did the Apostles travel the world as beggers and die for his name?

Mad people do mad things, and weird people do weird things, don't they? Also, there are non-religious causes that men will die for - perhaps they were seeking to erode the powerbase of the Jewish authorities by preaching a personal messanaic religion."

Please consider: It is one thing to die for something you believe is true. However,it is quite a different matter to die for something you KNOW is false-this is the act of, as you say, a "madman". That is, if the Lord Jesus Christ did not rise from the dead(if He "swooned", for example), and His followers knew this and died for a KNOWN falsehood, then they were indeed "Mad"-this is not the act of rational, sound-thinking people. But if this is true, i.e., they knew in fact that He did not rise from the dead, then the case must be made that the apostles/followers were "mad". The evidence does not show that they were "mad". Even the Lord Jesus Christ's most ardent detractors do not claim that the apostles acted as "Madmen". All you need to do is read their writings in the Holy Bible to conclude that they were not "mad"-the writings are logically written with no sense of irrationality.

All I am asking you to do is this: Consider if you would lay your life down for a "something"(an idea, person.....) you know is false.

Take the case of the apostle Paul, who wrote 12 books of the NT(13 possibly-Hebrews?) . He was "on the fast track" in Judaism-he was "gold"(Seifeld!). And yet he "chucked it all" when the ascended, RISEN, glorified Lord Jesus Christ appeared to him on the road to Damascus. Any "open minded" lawyer, after reading Paul's "lawyerly" exposition of his testimony as documented in his writings, would tell you that his "defense" set forth is quite brilliant, and certainly not the rantings and ravings of a "madman".

What did Paul receive for his testimony of the risen Lord Jesus Christ? Paul was beaten 5 times(39 stripes), beaten with rods 3 times, stoned once, shipwrecked 3 times, and spent a day and night in the sea(2 Cor. 11 24-27). He also traveled approximately 3000 miles for his testimony. Does it make sense, is it "rational" to expect this type of action from a man who knew that the resurrection of a man called Jesus of Nazareth was a falsehood, a myth, a delusion? One madman could be expected, but 10?20? 500?(1 Cor. 15:6).

"Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD..." Isaiah 1:18.

We have a God of reason, not a God who would have us know Him without "reasonable" evidence. I would asked you to "check it out"-do not "take my word for it"-check out the evidence.

One final note in regards to your response that the Lord Jesus Christ was a good teacher("He certainly was that.."). If He did not rise from the dead, I would not trust anything He did, much less said. To paraphrase , If the Lord Jesus Christ rose from the dead, He is LORD, but if He did not, He is a lunatic and a liar, and something much worse.

In Christ,

John Whalen

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  997
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

To Scientific Atheist:

In rejecting God, don't you still have to face evil in the world and explain where it came from. Can you? But even if you can provide some type of rational reasons for the source of evil, don't you have another problem? Don't you have to explain where good comes from, too, because if there is no God, it's hard to make any sense out of either of those concepts? If there is no God, then there is nothing that is evil, it seems. You have to have a standard of good and evil that stands outside of us to define what evil and good actually are.

Thanks,

In Christ,

John Whalen