• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

There's a difference in discussing topics that we can learn from, edify and build the faith of the body, also to reconsile the lost to Jesus Christ, none of that is going on here, it's just gossip. Let's just pray instead for another christian marriage that went awry.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

News isn't gossip. The truth is it's a shameful story; and an old one.

:blink:

Sorry ruck, I stand by what I said, including the remark about Paul.

Because Paul and others DID warn people, not just watch out for them, they did it with the reason why they should be watched out for. In everything thread be it politics or something like this, you always come up with the same thing. Ya'll shouldn't say things like this......................WHY NOT?

You act like we are never to judge someones actions or behavior but we ARE told to judge those things, also I don't have to like everybody, that doesn't mean I wish them evil, but I don't have to like them, and I wont be a hypocrite and pretend that I do. And I will speak out when I see those who are supposed to be in Christ behaving in a manner that brings derision on His name. People like this do damage to our faith, in the eyes of the world.

This is all I feel the need to say about this subject, I think you are wrong, and dangerously wrong for the reasons stated above, but I'm not going to have a war of words with you over it either. As you so rightly reminded me, we ARE our Brother and Sister in Christ.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/26/1975

I do know that we should all be very very cautious about so called Christian Self help books dealing with marriage and how to have good marriages or relationships. These guys thought they could teach others about love and marriage!

There is only one book to turn to for how to have a Godly marriage and that is the Bible. My wife and I use it often as well as every married couple should!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  432
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/05/1979

That's too bad

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  127
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Because Paul and others DID warn people, not just watch out for them, they did it with the reason why they should be watched out for. In everything thread be it politics or something like this, you always come up with the same thing. Ya'll shouldn't say things like this......................WHY NOT?

You act like we are never to judge someones actions or behavior but we ARE told to judge those things, also I don't have to like everybody, that doesn't mean I wish them evil, but I don't have to like them, and I wont be a hypocrite and pretend that I do. And I will speak out when I see those who are supposed to be in Christ behaving in a manner that brings derision on His name. People like this do damage to our faith, in the eyes of the world.

This is all I feel the need to say about this subject, I think you are wrong, and dangerously wrong for the reasons stated above, but I'm not going to have a war of words with you over it either. As you so rightly reminded me, we ARE our Brother and Sister in Christ.

Sis, I truly wish I could relay the why we should be more careful. I understand that many here could careless for my comments on this.

But still, in this thread, I made an oberservation that no one has yet to adress. If this thread were put into the prayer request thread would the conversation be different. Or is this "just" news.

You spoke of the damage to the name of Christ in the eyes of the world, did you intercede for the eyes of the world? Honestly sis, I dont know why this is in me in such a way. You think I just dont want the saints to judge...come on. I dont want the saints to come under the same judgement by which we dish out.

Thank you Ruck and Scarlet for making this issue clear. I have been struggling with that in the last few weeks as well. There is such a very fine line between acknowledging and discussing reality, which is often unpleasant and would not typically be called "edifying" and down right gossip. Speaking negative facts one time to explain the reality of the situation is done often in both the Old and New Testaments, and is certainly not only acceptable, but in some cases absolutely required to shake a person out of denial so they might face the truth either about that particular situation, or about themselves.

Obviously, when one speaks in the Spirit, it results in life; while speaking in the flesh results in death - not just for ourselves, but it spreads like a cancer throughout His Body, killing all in its path. The question, then, is how, on these boards, when we are not present with each other to sense our spirits, are we to sense the spirit of a thread? What guidelines can we use for self-government?

Matthew may be helpful. Matthew 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

I was asked to do an extensive study on this by one whom I was discipling. It was amazing. To call another a fool in Hebrew is to make a statement that their decisions are so questionable that their worth as a being has dwindled to nothing - In short, that they are worthless.

But, it goes on from there. Artists may bring their works before a jury of master artists to judge their worth. The judge is not only "grading" the character of that piece of work, but the talent of the artist. In that light, when we make a declaration that someone is worthless, we are becoming the judge of the One Who formed them. The greater judge the lesser, not the other way around. We, at that point, have done EXACTLY what our enemy was only attempting - we have placed ourselves above, and the one we call our "Lord" we have placed beneath us. Lucifer and all his company were removed for just thinking that!! And we dare, who call ourselves His Own, to walk that same path!!! And then 30 seconds after we have done it, we expect to run into the arms of our Loving Father like such a treason never happened!!! What have we, in this culture, come to??? This is VERY SERIOUS.

So, now we have the extremes - We must walk in truth, yet We dare not even think that ANYONE He created and died for is worthless!!! But where is that line that is so thin that we do not even notice that we have crossed it? Is is alright to vent? We must surely be able to discuss their actions in order to discern wisdom - Or must we? One church absolutely refused to discuss any negative allegations - and I learned so very, very much about prayer and discernment during that time. But, there was also much in that church that needed healing that seemed to go festering. Are we to make comments about the actions of others? We can never really know the entire story, even those involved do not know the entire story - He alone does. Perhaps we are to use these instances as parables and we only have freedom to comment on the principles involved. This story certainly has many principles any one of which would make healthy thread discussion. Divorce - abuse - publicity - courts - relationships/private&public - and so much more that we really have not touched on yet, here.

No, it is not "wrong" to post the thread - we need to know the truth. But, discerning, as we all should, with each breath, whether we are functioning in His Spirit or our own, that is so very much harder. I cannot think of an instance in which it would ever be inappropriate be concerned about that issue. (I suppose some master manipulator could use it to bring confusion - that would be something the enemy would love to do. But I do not see that happening here.)

So, any public or private comments about this would be appreciated. Of course, the public ones in this thread would need to be related to this very sad situation. May He be with them. :th_praying:

May we allow our Father grow us into all that He created us to be.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  05/16/1975

:blink: Gee, I was just posting an article I found interesting, and I was also troubled by it. No gossip intended, just an article, and I didn't in my wildest dreams think this thread would turn out like this. :th_praying:

• Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

His Own: I think I stand corrected.

I think. Not sure. Appreciate your thoughts in any case.

I just have little patience for men of God who actually seek out the media to bring negative attention to Christians. It's one thing if they fall or if they say something silly and the media catches it and runs with it. Or it would be different if he was just a Christian and not a pastor.

he choked her, pushed her down and kicked and stomped her.

Any pastor accused of such, rightly or wrongfully would not want this aired for the world to see.

The couple wed in a million-dollar, televised ceremony in 2002 and together wrote "Teach Me How to Love You: The Beginnings." Bynum filed for divorce a month after the attack.

:thumbsup:

Aren't those in spiritual authority to be judged?