• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/20/1965

To understand the role of prophecy and prophets in the local churches it is of paramount importance to to understand the nature of prophecy itself.

This verse in from Revelation 19 is a key to understanding the prophetic and prophets.

At this I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me,

Edited by prophetsong

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  432
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/05/1979

i love it

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Hi prophetsong,

would you be able to tell us the source of this article please. and thanks.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

that is awesome, that you for sharing this Prophetsong. It is so humbling when we come to grips with the realization that God still speaks to us this way. He is so interactive with us if we are willing to listen with open spirits. God loves us, He wants to talk with us today, about our personal situations today. :noidea:

Hi prophetsong,

would you be able to tell us the source of this article please. and thanks.

This article is what the Lord wrote on my heart some time ago. I took it off my personal website

click here click hear for more

The article is part of the blog of truth section. And please feel welcomed to check out the God in my life portion there it contains part of my personal testimony. I hope and pray that it blesses your heart.

that is awesome, that you for sharing this Prophetsong. It is so humbling when we come to grips with the realization that God still speaks to us this way. He is so interactive with us if we are willing to listen with open spirits. God loves us, He wants to talk with us today, about our personal situations today. :laugh:

The word interactive speaks volumes about God dealings with his people. A few months ago, the Lord broke my heart by showing me how much he wants to do in the lives of his people and how little we actually let him in. He has been showing me his love for his bride, and all I can say is that it is overwelming beyond human words to describe. Glory to God in the highest

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

I assume it was written for a men's meeting of some type - since "in closing gentlemen?"

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

Prophets are ministers of the Word of God, but they and the apostles recieve their messages almost entirely by inspiration of the Holy Spirit. They get word directly from the throne of God himself, it carries divine authority be cause it is a word from God.

In closing gentlemen prophecy is something of the Spirit and you can only understand it by the Spirit. If you an intelectual approach to this subject you will never unerstand. Understanding of things such as these come only by Divine inspiration.

This is incorrect. The bible is the measure of prophecy, and any "divine authority" carried by a prophetic word is only there as the word agrees with the scriptures and is annointed by the Spirit.

2 Tim 3:14-17 (KJV)

14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; 15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

2 Peter 1:3-21 (KJV)

According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: 4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. 5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; 6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; 7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. 8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins. 10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall: 11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. 12 Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye know them, and be established in the present truth. 13 Yea, I think it meet, as long as I am in this tabernacle, to stir you up by putting you in remembrance; 14 Knowing that shortly I must put off this my tabernacle, even as our Lord Jesus Christ hath shewed me. 15 Moreover I will endeavour that ye may be able after my decease to have these things always in remembrance. 16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty. 17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. 18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount. 19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: 20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

In that there is a "more sure word of prophecy", it follows that there must also be a "less sure word of prophecy". The only way we can truely know that God is speaking is that the words conform with the scriptures and the Holy Spirit bears witness also.

Lots of troubles have come from following someone's "Thus saith the Lord..." when the Lord was not saying. Also, if it does not come to pass, it is not the Lord that said it.

I assume it was written for a men's meeting of some type - since "in closing gentlemen?"

This was actually was written for a bi-gender audience. I wrote this off the cuff, just before going to a men's meeting. At the end I thought to my self, I get going to the men's meeting, and it came out in the article. I did not even know I did it until you mentioned it.

Prophets are ministers of the Word of God, but they and the apostles recieve their messages almost entirely by inspiration of the Holy Spirit. They get word directly from the throne of God himself, it carries divine authority be cause it is a word from God.

In closing gentlemen prophecy is something of the Spirit and you can only understand it by the Spirit. If you an intelectual approach to this subject you will never unerstand. Understanding of things such as these come only by Divine inspiration.

This is incorrect. The bible is the measure of prophecy, and any "divine authority" carried by a prophetic word is only there as the word agrees with the scriptures and is annointed by the Spirit.

2 Tim 3:14-17 (KJV)

14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; 15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

2 Peter 1:3-21 (KJV)

According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: 4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. 5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; 6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; 7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. 8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins. 10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall: 11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. 12 Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye know them, and be established in the present truth. 13 Yea, I think it meet, as long as I am in this tabernacle, to stir you up by putting you in remembrance; 14 Knowing that shortly I must put off this my tabernacle, even as our Lord Jesus Christ hath shewed me. 15 Moreover I will endeavour that ye may be able after my decease to have these things always in remembrance. 16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty. 17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. 18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount. 19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: 20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

In that there is a "more sure word of prophecy", it follows that there must also be a "less sure word of prophecy". The only way we can truely know that God is speaking is that the words conform with the scriptures and the Holy Spirit bears witness also.

Lots of troubles have come from following someone's "Thus saith the Lord..." when the Lord was not saying. Also, if it does not come to pass, it is not the Lord that said it.

The Moses started the Bible, by writing the first five books. The Bible gives this testimony of itself, that all scriptures are inspired by the Spirit of God. So all the was given by divine inspiration, and it written soley by Prophets{old testament}, and Apostles{new testament}.

Today Prophets and Apostle recieve thier messages in the same manner. So since both the scripture, and the messages of Apostles and Prophets both come by inspiration by the Holy Spirit they should not disagree with one another. If a prophetic or apostlic message is not in harmony with the scriptures, then it should not be regarded as from God.

The five fold ministry has built into it a system of checks and balances. The Apostles and Prophets, receive Word from God, then Pastors, and teachers should be able validate it with scriptures. With the scripture taking precedent because it has been proven to be infalable record of what God has said.

The written Word, and revelatory Word should always be in harmony, with each other.