IGNORED

is marrying off 15yr olds and multiple wifes a big deal?

Merin

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  146
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

UGH! You have to be kidding????

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  432
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/05/1979

maybe you arent conservative....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  146
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

Your obviously new, I'm definately conservative. :emot-hug:

Yet, we could never abandon our boys, and if we had daughters, they would never be coerced into marrying a 40 yr old relative at the age of 14.

In our house, there is no molestation, no incest, and no abandoning of children. Those are pretty important things.

Oh how I agree!! I cannot believe this person is actually defending these men and women. Unreal.

I'll thank you to show one time where I defended the FLDS or its members. They are wrong, and I've stated it since my very first post on this topic. However, I will not allow mistruths go by either. I've stated that the children shouldn't even be returned to mothers without supervision and oversight. My concern here is for MY family, and for MY ability to raise my children without gov't interference. If you think this is about protecting child-abusers then you have sorely mistaken my point.

i agree!!!!!!!! not many notice this huge step the government just took towards coming after our children....conserevative christians are not liked to much more than these types of people!!!!!! this country is not a christian theocracy thingy a bopper...it's a majority rules evintially....they are coming for us soon..............

What goes on in a conservative Christian's home and what goes on in FLDS compound in no way compares. :emot-hug:

to you maybe not....

Merin.....are you saying born again christians and FLDS are of the same faith and that their practices are the same?

Oh how I agree!! I cannot believe this person is actually defending these men and women. Unreal.

I'll thank you to show one time where I defended the FLDS or its members. They are wrong, and I've stated it since my very first post on this topic. However, I will not allow mistruths go by either. I've stated that the children shouldn't even be returned to mothers without supervision and oversight. My concern here is for MY family, and for MY ability to raise my children without gov't interference. If you think this is about protecting child-abusers then you have sorely mistaken my point.

i agree!!!!!!!! not many notice this huge step the government just took towards coming after our children....conserevative christians are not liked to much more than these types of people!!!!!! this country is not a christian theocracy thingy a bopper...it's a majority rules evintially....they are coming for us soon..............

What goes on in a conservative Christian's home and what goes on in FLDS compound in no way compares. :emot-hug:

to you maybe not....

Merin.....are you saying born again christians and FLDS are of the same faith and that their practices are the same?

hahahahahahalllllllooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllllll

Your obviously new, I'm definately conservative. :emot-hug:

Yet, we could never abandon our boys, and if we had daughters, they would never be coerced into marrying a 40 yr old relative at the age of 14.

In our house, there is no molestation, no incest, and no abandoning of children. Those are pretty important things.

here's a couple of similarities for ya...homeschooled...no dating...no vaccinations....extremely modesty in dress and apparel...theres more...

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  255
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  01/08/1963

"Sorry Sir...but you are wrong!"

What I am is not the issue. Right, truth and wisdom is justified of itself and needs no human to validate it -- including me or you.

You clearly haven't read one iota about this religion, their doctrines, or their practices.

This is a mental fiction in your mind. You don't know me and you don't know what I have read and what I have not read. You neither know my life, my experiences or my knowledge. I happen to be married to an ex-Mormon and have studied Mormonism for more than 25 years. While the subject is not the primary focus of my life, I know the inward dealings of the Mormon church not only through study but through many hours of talking with and hearing my wife, who experienced the wickedness of the cult first-hand. Even recently, my mother-in-law, who now lives with us at 88 years old, was "ex-communicated" from the Mormon church in a rather telling and revealing letter from the local "Bishop." So, contrary to your assertion of my having not "one iota" of knowledge about this religion, their doctrines and their practices, I am very well aquainted with them and what they believe.

You don't have to like it (heck, I don't even like it) but what I've written about them is true.

What you've written reveals your own lack of understanding of your own and our own human nature, how we're fallen, what it means to live in accordance with the flesh and not walking and living by the Spirit of God (Romans 8). What you've written is barely the surface of the matter and the truth and reality of the matter extends well beyond what you've written. Your points are surface and diversionary, misleading, misguided and a partial buy-in to the lies that these FLDS men and women have had foisted upon them by others in their long lineage, leading back to Satan, himself.

These guys didn't make this religion up. I don't even know where you got that.

You are correct to say you do not know where I "got that." If you knew what I was talking about, you'd not be tossing this back and forth with me. You'd see the senselessness of your point, the fault and disconnection from reality -- aka -- insanity of what you've written. Not only the insanity, but it brushes right up against the very doors of sin itself.

This religion was passed down to them by Joseph Smith and Brigham Young.

Here you are justifying them. They chose. Brainwashed -- yes. Foisted upon -- yes. Lied to -- yes. But do you think such things will nulify them and justify them for the truth of their fallenness when they actually do stand before God? Do you think that God will blink, wink and nod them into heaven and toss the blame on Joseph Smith and Brigham Young? And what of Joe and Mr. Young? Will they too pass along their own fallenness to whoever came before them? Shall we all just pass our sin and fallen nature ad naseum back to Adam and point at him when Jesus comes to judge the quick and the dead?

Your words above -- not mine -- YOURS -- are words of passing blame. You not once have seen and indeed cannot see at this time (perhaps in future time you will -- God willing) how these men in this FLDS compound are 100% living in their carnality, flesh, lusts and sexual immorality and glossing it over to themselves, to each other, to their women, to their "girls" and, indeed to the whole world with religious terms and "I didn't know" hogwash!

They are wolves in sheeps clothing. They are whitewashed tombs which appear good on the outward but inwardly are full of death. What is the outside of the tomb? What is the inside? The outside are the religious thoughts, the dogmas, the doctrines and such things. The inward death is the lusts of the flesh to which the outward thoughts, mind and emotions of man are enslaved in service to.

You might be interested to know that there are actively 12 million people who follow their teachings as members of their church.

Irrelevant.

There is even a major accredited University named after one of them.

Also irrelevant.

Thats who passed this legacy onto these "guys." They didn't make this stuff up. The founders of the Mormon church told them that if they wanted to get to heaven...this was the way!

It is made up. Whether they orignated the fullness of the story or just part -- it is still made up. It is NOT reality. Reality and Truth are found in the Mind of Christ, the Word of God and the Spirit of Truth. The things believed by the FLDS and the LDS church (regardless of how many followers or universities there are) are NOT Truth, NOT reality, NOT the Mind of Christ and NOT of the Spirit of God.

You are correct that you are not defending the FLDS. I get that. Nevertheless, you ARE defending in your point of view of them. You've written some sick and twisted things and THAT is what the responses here to you are about. No one is arguing with you that these FLDS people are not religious, nor are we denying that THEY have some religious belief structure they use to motivate and justify what they do. My sole testimony here to you is to merely point out how there is a deeper matter going on in these FLDS people, and indeed -- is going on in ALL humanity, not just them.

They still follow the precepts and doctrines set forth by these two men. They live their lives by the "bibles" ( I use the term loosely) and visions these two men claimed to have. It is absolutely preposterous to claim these FLDS people made this stuff up for sexual pleasure. I think its time for you to show some proof of your claims.

Proof: All human beings are enslaved. Enslaved to what and how are we enslaved? We are enslaved to the lusts of our flesh. What is enslaved: Our minds! Our thoughts come from our minds. Our emotions come because of our thoughts. What does this have to do with the lusts of the flesh? Simple: the lusts of the flesh is referring to the pleasure the flesh feels from the chemical reactions and responses in it. Thoughts and emotions produce chemical responses in our flesh. Our flesh is addicted to its own chemistry. It enslaves our minds to produce thoughts that produce emotions, from the thoughts and emotions, the flesh responds with chemical reactions on which the lusts of the flesh feed. The flesh derives pleasure from these chemical responses to thought and emotion.

Sexual thoughts coming from an enslaved mind are for one purpose and ONE only -- NOT to glorify God in the God created act of sexual relations between a husband and wife -- BUT -- to the express purpose of feeing the lusts of the flesh for the chemical pleasures released during the sex act. Thus, sex based on the mind of man enslaved to the flesh is sensual, devilish and wicked. Sexuality based on the Mind of Christ, which is NOT enslaved to the lusts of the flesh is godly (God-like) and OF God.

The thoughts used by the flesh do NOT have to be relavant, real, rational or right. All human thought comes from our human mind which is bound and enslaved to the flesh and the lusts thereof.

The ONLY thoughts we can know that are NOT bound to the flesh or to Satan himself are the thoughts of Almighty God -- put in us by His Spirit of Truth, birthing in us the Mind of Christ. The Mind of Christ is NOT bound to the flesh of men or to the devil. Thus, we have two opposing forces -- the Mind of God, the Mind of Christ, the Spirit of God -- VS -- the mind of men, the mind of the devil, the flesh of man and the wickedness of a world system born of them.

If I have NOT the Spirit of God, if I have NOT the Mind of Christ, then the ONLY mind I have left is the ENSLAVED one in me; enslaved to my flesh and the lusts of it. Jesus said it this way in the gospel of John:

Joh 8:44 You are of the Devil as father, and the lusts of your father you will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and did not abide in the truth because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks of his own, for he is a liar and the father of it.

Joh 8:45 And because I tell you the truth, you do not believe Me.

Joh 8:46 Which of you convicts Me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do you not believe Me?

Joh 8:47 He who is of God hears God's Words. Therefore you do not hear them because you are not of God.

So, the question is: Are the thoughts of these FLDS men of the Spirit of God, the Mind of Christ and the Mind of God -- OR -- are their thoughts of their flesh and the mind of the devil? Which one is it? It cannot be both.

If their thoughts (religious as they may be) are not of God, nor of His Spirit, nor of the Mind of Christ, then they are sensual, devilish and of their minds, which are enslaved to the lusts of their flesh. Does God, the Spirit of God, the Mind of Christ put into them the acts they have committed? Does the Spirit of God and Mind of Christ live as the source thinking of the actions of these men?

You be the judge, but be careful how you judge, lest it be shown where your own mind and heart reside.

Again...the busting up of this group doesn't bother me one bit. I just wish it could have been done without eroding the rights of American citizens.

The so-called "rights" of American citizens does not trump, surpass or rise above the reality of the source of the thinking of these men and women in the FLDS compound, church, university or the whole stinking Mormon Tabernacle Chior! Rights is not the issue. The source of thinking and the enslavement or the freedom of Human beings in Christ IS THE ISSUE! All other "issues" are a smokescreen and a diversion for the human base mind to serve up on a platter to the master of lusts and appetites thereof.

Just wait until CPS finds out that the majority of the Christian church believes in beating their kids with straps of leather, sticks, household utensils, or even with their own hands!

No -- Wait until all humanity stands before God and is judged. Every knee shall bow and every tongue confess! Yea, rather, I'd sooner see all my "rights" erode to nothing than to forego all the world hearing this glorious good news that they can escape the prison of their own flesh and enslaved mind. God, through Jesus Christ is offering to us TRUE freedom and TRUE rights. The rights of America is not born of men, but of God. America has a greater need than a constitution -- America needs a revival of knowing from where ALL men have fallen and to what ALL MEN are bound, without Christ and His Mind born IN us!

Maybe now they can just bust into any old church and start an investigation ripping children away from parents based on some random phony phone call. For the good of the kids of course.

What you are screaming so shrill and loudly about is a paltry pittence in the face of the true bondage that holds men, women and children of the ENTIRE WORLD in slavery to. Return this nation to God and she'll return common sense and righteous to government. Leave this nation and its people in the unknown and deceptive bondage to lusts and the mind corrupted and enslaved and I care not what constitution you write, or what law officer you have or what court or what justice system -- only pain and wickedness will arise.

Go read the Federalist papers of our founding (an imperfect bound human) fathers and you'll see them saying very similar things. You are wasting your time, effort, emotion and intentions on a thing that barely matters. What matters most of all is the inward freedom of a man having the Mind of Christ within him!

Oh yes -- final thing --

Rom 13:1 Let every soul be subject to the higher authorities (TX Rangers, CPS). For there is no authority but of God; the authorities that exist are ordained by God.

Rom 13:2 So that the one resisting the authority resists the ordinance of God; and the ones who resist will receive judgment to themselves.

Rom 13:3 For the rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the bad. And do you desire to be not afraid of the authority? Do the good, and you shall have praise from it.

Rom 13:4 For it is a servant of God to you for good. For if you practice evil, be afraid, for it does not bear the sword in vain; for it is a servant of God, a revenger for wrath on him who does evil.

Rom 13:5 Therefore you must be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience' sake.

Rom 13:6 For because of this you also pay taxes. For they are God's servants, always giving attention to this very thing.

Rom 13:7 Therefore give to all their dues; to the one due tax, the tax; tribute to whom tribute is due, fear to whom fear is due, and honor to whom honor is due.

Edited by HisMindinme

here's a couple of similarities for ya...homeschooled...no dating...no vaccinations....extremely modesty in dress and apparel...theres more...

That equates to old leches marrying several teenagers?

nobody said that...

hahahahahahalllllllooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllllll

Since you didn't say no, I can only assume your answer is yes.

That is truly sad.