• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  432
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/05/1979

Whew - That was so weird!

I've been at meetings before where that happened - but not over the internet!

my first time i was at a home church and someone just came forward for prayer because her mom had died...when she said "my mom just died this week...." bam everyone just started busting up laghing...me too!!!!!!!!

Her too....God has a sick sence of humor i guess...lol

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member

Whew - That was so weird!

I've been at meetings before where that happened - but not over the internet!

my first time i was at a home church and someone just came forward for prayer because her mom had died...when she said "my mom just died this week...." bam everyone just started busting up laghing...me too!!!!!!!!

i guess i should add it went on for over a hour and she said she was touched by God in a mighty way....i dont reccomend trying that the next time someone tells u their mom died thogh...do not try that at home...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Not really -

I remember when my aunt died while we were visiting her and the rest of the family. After crying and feeling sad for several days, by the time the funeral came around and everyone was saying their, "I'm sorry"'s to me - I just wanted to scream at everyone to shut up with the "I'm sorry."

All I wanted by then was for someone to make me laugh. I needed to laugh so bad.

This woman most likely was the same. She needed that healing laughter.

• Group:  Advanced Member

I was joking about the sick sense of humor.... I totally agree about the value of laghter!!!!

Anyway, you can hear about this on The 700 Club this Wednesday I believe.

It's on-line now if you want to see the report:

http://www.cbn.com/CBNnews/370291.aspx.

You can read the transcript or watch the video . . . the video should have an addition that wasn't shown on the TV broadcast (I'll have to watch it later to verify.)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  640
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

I have not been here for a while and this topic just jumped out at me. I am from Lakeland, Fl. and my mother used to attend an assembly of God church there on n. 98. it was pastored by a Karl Strader who resembles facially the pastor strader shown in the link here. the fathers church was called Carpenter's home church. it was a real large fully attended church until a split within the body drained off many of the members into a new church of the same denomination. (i will stop with the family history there.)

i say this only as history and not as any type of indictment against the son (?) or his revival. i am always a bit skeptical of prophets and ministries such as this for a variety of reasons, but i hesitate to speak against them because God will move in his way in his time. i always caution against charlatans for a lot of reasons also.

i have e-mailed an acquaintance in Lakeland that is the senior pastor in a church not too far from this location and i am waiting to hear back from him. if anyone here is still interested in this topic i will post what he tells me. i have not read all 21 pages here so this topic may have already exhausted itself. (note: this pastor is not a pentecostal so his evaluation will not be such)

You can read the transcript or watch the video . . . the video should have an addition that wasn't shown on the TV broadcast (I'll have to watch it later to verify.)

Correction - the additions are linked from the page, not in the video.

What's interesting about this is GodTV - which is located in Jerusalem, Israel - is broadcasting these meeting around the world every night.

The outpouring is in Florida, but the worldwide broadcast is from Jerusalem. :whistling:

Guest man
i have e-mailed an acquaintance in Lakeland that is the senior pastor in a church not too far from this location and i am waiting to hear back from him. if anyone here is still interested in this topic i will post what he tells me. i have not read all 21 pages here so this topic may have already exhausted itself. (note: this pastor is not a pentecostal so his evaluation will not be such)

I would very interested to hear what he has to say.

Thank you.

I have not been here for a while and this topic just jumped out at me. I am from Lakeland, Fl. and my mother used to attend an assembly of God church there on n. 98. it was pastored by a Karl Strader who resembles facially the pastor strader shown in the link here. the fathers church was called Carpenter's home church. it was a real large fully attended church until a split within the body drained off many of the members into a new church of the same denomination. (i will stop with the family history there.)

From the CBN article, there are links to the full interviews with Todd and with the Lakeland pastor. If I heard correctly, the larger church they moved into after they outgrew the original small church was the other Carpenter church.

Figure that!