IGNORED

Is the florida revival real?

Merin

Can you explain the fruit?

Can you explain this? Where are the news articles pertaining to this?

and as of last night four dead people

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Where I come from, "kiddo" is not a derogatory slam. I'm sorry you took it that way. That'll never happen again.

Oh, OK - apology accepted.

The tone of our debate was impacting me - as logical as I can be, I'm still an emotional female, and I can't separate out my emotions from discussions.

Perhaps I was misreading your tone.

I apologize for this.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Can you explain the fruit?

Man - why won't you answer this? :24:

Can you explain this? Where are the news articles pertaining to this?

and as of last night four dead people

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,338
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  0

Neb, could it be that you are so hungry for God that you're seeing and experiencing things that you want to see and experience but they really aren't of God? I'm not trying to belittle you, just concerned for you.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

And could it be, that the closed minded and skeptical can't see the power of the Holy Ghost a more than just what they can figure out in their brains. Let's not limit God to what we think He won't do, let's try to understand all the He is more than willing to do if We believe.

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  640
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

I have not been here for a while and this topic just jumped out at me. I am from Lakeland, Fl. and my mother used to attend an assembly of God church there on n. 98. it was pastored by a Karl Strader who resembles facially the pastor strader shown in the link here. the fathers church was called Carpenter's home church. it was a real large fully attended church until a split within the body drained off many of the members into a new church of the same denomination. (i will stop with the family history there.)

i say this only as history and not as any type of indictment against the son (?) or his revival. i am always a bit skeptical of prophets and ministries such as this for a variety of reasons, but i hesitate to speak against them because God will move in his way in his time. i always caution against charlatans for a lot of reasons also.

i have e-mailed an acquaintance in Lakeland that is the senior pastor in a church not too far from this location and i am waiting to hear back from him. if anyone here is still interested in this topic i will post what he tells me. i have not read all 21 pages here so this topic may have already exhausted itself. (note: this pastor is not a pentecostal so his evaluation will not be such)

update: the acquaintance that i mentioned above has not answered my inquiry about the "revival". if or when he does i will bring it to you.

i have read alot of the pages between my last visit (page 21-25) and although i see a lot of differences here i have to cast my lot with what "man" was bringing.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

If one looks hard enough, they can see whatever it is they want to see.....even if it's not there.

This could be said both ways. If one refuses to see it, they won't. No matter the evidence to the contrary.

• Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,338
  • Content Per Day:  0.65

And could it be, that the closed minded and skeptical can't see the power of the Holy Ghost a more than just what they can figure out in their brains. Let's not limit God to what we think He won't do, let's try to understand all the He is more than willing to do if We believe.

Exercising discernment makes me close minded and skeptical? Did I ever say that I can't see the power of the Holy Ghost or that I won't accept what I can't understand?

If one looks hard enough, they can see whatever it is they want to see.....even if it's not there.

This could be said both ways. If one refuses to see it, they won't. No matter the evidence to the contrary.

You're right.

With the evidence looking them straight in the face, they still can't see it.