• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/05/1952

Christianity is based on faith.

That's why science can't prove it or disprove it.

God searches the heart and knows them who are sincerely seeking Him.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

This was during a time in my life when I was questioning my Christian beliefs. I started evaluating them, and a few months after I came to a split in the road... I wanted to believe in God but came to the conclusion that the evidence for him (or any other gods) was lacking. So, I thought I would try to go straight to the source (God himself) and I got nothing.

That is SO sad. :laugh:

And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God. Luke 4:4

I do not fear god. He has shown me nothing for which to fear him . I do not love god. He has shown me nothing for which to love him. I do not hate god. He has shown me nothing for which to hate him. I do not know god. He has shown me nothing.
Now take this and tell it to Him.
I don't know about 'thesorgo', but I HAVE taken that statement (not exact but a similar one) to him and still got nothing. What is next?

:41:

Open The Word

:41:

To Know Him Is To Love Him

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

And I Do

The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee. Jeremiah 31:3

So Go Right On Ahead

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?

If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him? Matthew 7:7:11

Be A Big Pest, Read The Scriptures

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. John 5:24-25

Ask God To Show Himself To You In His Word

Jesus said unto them, Verily,verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. John 8:58

:laugh:

Be Blessed Beloved

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Joe

>>>>><<<<<

I will bless the LORD, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons. Psalms 16:7

Could you explain this. Before you where regenerated did you not say these same things in your heart, and by your actions.

Actually, before I knew God, I gave Him very little thought if any at all. And of course my actions were a testament to the fact that I did not know God.

But I never really questioned His existence because I really didn't care.

That was then.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

This was during a time in my life when I was questioning my Christian beliefs. I started evaluating them, and a few months after I came to a split in the road... I wanted to believe in God but came to the conclusion that the evidence for him (or any other gods) was lacking. So, I thought I would try to go straight to the source (God himself) and I got nothing.

That is SO sad. :th_praying:

Are you saying that bbread's life journey was pathetic and worthless, ie sad? I would beg to differ. No one's life is meaningless. I'm sure his/her struggles will, in the end, glorify Him.

Edited by mikeinsarasota

• Group:  Junior Member

Picture this....

You're minding your own business.....the phone rings....you pick it up and someone on the other end says this...

"I'm not afraid of you".

"I don't love you".

"I don't hate you".

"I don't know you".

What would your reaction be to this person?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could you explain this. Before you where regenerated did you not say these same things in your heart, and by your actions. Some are just more bold, and say it with thier mouth. I believe the fact that the 'person' calls will lead you to do an inquiry of the heart. Why do you feel the way you do would be your question. (Though being man we would express suprise at such bold statements) Then you would present yourself as a one whom 'the person' has a misconception about. I do believe that is what God does with such honesty of heart.

This is taken from the book The Kneeling Christian, from the chapter 'Who May Pray'. It is a wonderful example of honesty of heart, and God rewarding that honesty.

Perhaps the most striking of all "prayers" from the lips of unbelievers is that recorded of Caroline Fry, the author of Christ Our Example. Although possessed of beauty, wealth, position and friends, she found that none of them satisfied, and at length, in her utter misery, she sought God. Yet her first utterance to Him was an expression of open rebellion to and hatred of Him! Listen to it -- it is not the prayer of a "child": --

"O God, if Thou art a God: I do not love Thee; I do not want Thee; I do not believe there is any happiness in Thee: but I am miserable as I am. Give me what I do not seek; give me what I do not want. If Thou canst, make me happy. I am miserable as I am. I am tired of this world; if there is anything better, give it me." What a "prayer"! Yet God heard and answered. He forgave the wanderer and made her radiantly happy and gloriously fruitful in His service.

I pray that we may all have such honesty before God in all things.

If you truly want to know who God is, He will show you. But you have to make an honest effort. You can't expect Him to prove His existance to you if you don't believe in Him. It doesn't work that way.

You have to have faith. You have to believe in your heart that God is who He says He is.

That's probably one of the hardest things to do.....believing in something you cannot see. But if you truly and honestly have a desire to know Him.....He will give a reason to believe.

Faith is a gift something that Jesus is the Author of. One cant have faith until they have agreed/believed into Christ Believing is somthing that man can do. It is our agreement.

I suppose this reply was intended for me. What would be my reaction to a phone call like that -- I would think they were batty or drunk/doped, I guess. What would you think to receive a phone call like that?

My reaction would be much different hearing someone make a statement like that about God.

They need compassion and a reason to hope. I believe everyone who sincerely seeks God will find Him for it's not His Will that any should perish but that all would come to the knowledge of truth.

• Group:  Junior Member

Picture this....

You're minding your own business.....the phone rings....you pick it up and someone on the other end says this...

"I'm not afraid of you".

"I don't love you".

"I don't hate you".

"I don't know you".

What would your reaction be to this person?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could you explain this. Before you where regenerated did you not say these same things in your heart, and by your actions. Some are just more bold, and say it with thier mouth. I believe the fact that the 'person' calls will lead you to do an inquiry of the heart. Why do you feel the way you do would be your question. (Though being man we would express suprise at such bold statements) Then you would present yourself as a one whom 'the person' has a misconception about. I do believe that is what God does with such honesty of heart.

This is taken from the book The Kneeling Christian, from the chapter 'Who May Pray'. It is a wonderful example of honesty of heart, and God rewarding that honesty.

Perhaps the most striking of all "prayers" from the lips of unbelievers is that recorded of Caroline Fry, the author of Christ Our Example. Although possessed of beauty, wealth, position and friends, she found that none of them satisfied, and at length, in her utter misery, she sought God. Yet her first utterance to Him was an expression of open rebellion to and hatred of Him! Listen to it -- it is not the prayer of a "child": --

"O God, if Thou art a God: I do not love Thee; I do not want Thee; I do not believe there is any happiness in Thee: but I am miserable as I am. Give me what I do not seek; give me what I do not want. If Thou canst, make me happy. I am miserable as I am. I am tired of this world; if there is anything better, give it me." What a "prayer"! Yet God heard and answered. He forgave the wanderer and made her radiantly happy and gloriously fruitful in His service.

I pray that we may all have such honesty before God in all things.

If you truly want to know who God is, He will show you. But you have to make an honest effort. You can't expect Him to prove His existance to you if you don't believe in Him. It doesn't work that way.

You have to have faith. You have to believe in your heart that God is who He says He is.

That's probably one of the hardest things to do.....believing in something you cannot see. But if you truly and honestly have a desire to know Him.....He will give a reason to believe.

Faith is a gift something that Jesus is the Author of. One cant have faith until they have agreed/believed into Christ Believing is somthing that man can do. It is our agreement.

I suppose this reply was intended for me. What would be my reaction to a phone call like that -- I would think they were batty or drunk/doped, I guess. What would you think to receive a phone call like that?

My reaction would be much different hearing someone make a statement like that about God.

They need compassion and a reason to hope. I believe everyone who sincerely seeks God will find Him for it's not His Will that any should perish but that all would come to the knowledge of truth.

Actually that response was not for you. Man was responding to someone else, and I responded to him. What led you to believe that comments were for you.

I have no idea.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

I think the ones that said "I got no answer from God." are very common responses. People expect God to wave a magic wand and prove Himself like a performing puppy. Open your eyes and heart and see what God has done foryou, saved or not. Was the sun risen in the sky when you woke this morning? Did you have food to eat today? Are you breathing today, and your heart beating? God contols your every breath and day you live to see the sun rise. When my husband was killed, I remember saying to God "how could you?" Did He bring him back? No. But He did give me peace and mend my broken heart. When my daughter was born with serious medical problems and I cried out at the injustice of it all, did she get miraculous healing? No. But He did give me perserverance to endure, and now she is so much more than her doctors ever though she could be. You need to go to God in faith, and yes sometimes even desperation. Not pride, as saying "I dare You to prove to me your there." He's already proved Himself, you just need to open your eyes and see the poof.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Content Count:  89

I think the ones that said "I got no answer from God." are very common responses. People expect God to wave a magic wand and prove Himself like a performing puppy. Open your eyes and heart and see what God has done foryou, saved or not. Was the sun risen in the sky when you woke this morning? Did you have food to eat today? Are you breathing today, and your heart beating? God contols your every breath and day you live to see the sun rise. When my husband was killed, I remember saying to God "how could you?" Did He bring him back? No. But He did give me peace and mend my broken heart. When my daughter was born with serious medical problems and I cried out at the injustice of it all, did she get miraculous healing? No. But He did give me perserverance to endure, and now she is so much more than her doctors ever though she could be. You need to go to God in faith, and yes sometimes even desperation. Not pride, as saying "I dare You to prove to me your there." He's already proved Himself, you just need to open your eyes and see the poof.

I am sorry for your loss, but what makes you think those came from God. Why can't Allah provide the food? What makes you sure it's not Shiva that makes us breath? Couldn't Ra control the sun? That's my problem with any religion. There's so many and all of there reasonings are if you don't believe then you will not get into your paradise of choice, whether it be Nirvana, Heaven, Valhalla, whatever. Therefore I abstain from believing until one comes up with better evidence.