• Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  110
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/04/1959

Pastor Paul...

you write

I don't think you can judge the music by the way some of the groups act.

Are you serious???? I most certainly can. Let's just say I have the volume turned down on the tv and I see people biting heads off of bats, showing body parts, and doing other lude things, I can pretty much guess what type of people they are and I can KNOW they are NOT pleasing to God. Your actions are a reflection of your heart and I'm surprised that you make allowances for this pastor. You may call it "judging" but I call it taking my walk seriously and being separate from the world.

Disclaimer.......I am not talking about regular contemporary Christian music. I am talking about any group that call themselves christian who perform lude acts. And yet I go deeper - I'm talking about their hearts. Read the whole thread so I don't have to explain it again.

I cannot believe you do not take into consideration how a christian rock groups acts!!! I marvel at that!!!!

By the way, I listen to Paul Wilbur formerly of Israel's Hope. I also like Nancy Honeytree.

You need to read MY post again. I said that the can't judge the Music as a whole, not that you can't judge the music that that paticular group is doing. If someone comes into my Church, singing Southern Gospel, and dress improperly, act rudely, does that mean I will never let a Southern Gospel group come agin, or just judge this group on THEIR merits and not the Southern Gospel.

And yes, you did lump all contemporary music together.

If you feel the need to chastise me again, fine, don't judge all pastors by .....ME :)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest yod
I don't know who they are but I seen them on a Skyangel and they were Christian rappers and they were screaming, rapping, and they look just like any other secular rapper.

I am SO glad that God looks on the heart...because people always look on the outside.

I would bet my house note that Disciple preaches the gospel more boldly than 95% of preachers in America. What a shame they have christians stabbing them in ignorance.

He who is not with us is against us. He who doesn't gather, scatters....

This is only more slander against people you don't understand BPC. It's breaking my heart. I wouldn't let them slander you either....

Guest mscoville

Sounds like a lot of legalism to me. Making judgements and taking stands that just don't matter. Anybody like the DANIELSON FAMILE? I think they rock!

~ God Bless,

Martin

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  862
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

BPC I understand where you are coming from but it sounds as though this is more of a personal thing God has spoken to you about for YOUR life, not everyone else.

I personally will not listen to Metal because it once took me from God, going from chritian metal to worldly influences such as Iron Maiden, Metallica & Guns n Roses just to name a few. For me it reminds me of a very difficult time but not only that for me personally any form of Heavy Meatal gives me a major attitude but that is me personally and only for me. Kinda like some people can drink and it is ok because they know their limit but others can not drink because it has a negative effect for them.

Even though I wont listen to certain music because of what it does to me does not make it wrong for others. In fact I believe for every band out there tearing down God can use one to build up be it Worship or Metal or Rap.

Hip Hop or Rap is stories of experience to a beat and I tell ya at 31 I'm learning to love Hip Hop because it is so much at the heart of the matter, it is the words not the music and I have heard some amazing testimonies through Hip Hop.

So maybe satan did use Hip Hop or Metal for his purposes but God has turned the table on that one and using it for His glory. God knows how to speak with His children and that we are all different and respond in different ways to different things because He delibratly made us all different.

Maybe like me this is something just for your life and not everyone else and no one is wrong until it stops glorifying our Father in our hearts. For you glorifying Him is strictly worship or praise for another it is testimony through Hip Hop and yet another making a specticle of yourself to get others to listen as the concerts do.

And you know what Dan and I were talking and both of us thought Jesus jammin or stage diving :):):P Yup we could imagine him doing it and neither of us mean that in any blasphemous or disrespectful manner. Jesus would have fun, it is a love for life. The thought of the children being held back from Jesus and him saying let the children come, comes to mind here for me. We put Him in a box, a man with a straight face and too upright in manner to have fun. God created us with a love for life and to have joy and happiness and I can see Jesus being a fun person like as we as parents need to get down on our kids level and he did with the youngsters in the Bible.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  684
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

I have stated this a few times that the things I said were strictly MY opinion. I am not trying to change anyone's thoughts here, I simply stated mine and because you guys didn't agree with it, accused me of being judgmental and slanderous. I stand by what I said because the Lord has convicted me of it. I'm not forcing my opinions down anyone's throats but keep in mind I will not be swayed by your opinions or logic either.

Respectfully, with every fiber of my being, I could not imagine Jesus, our Lord and Savior, stage-diving because he has a love of life. I mean no disrespect but this is proposterous.

By the way I love hip hop and rap (old school) and a host of others but I choose not to listen for many reasons.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

Let's supose that a tribe of people in Africa get saved. Their style of music is very different from ours. Are they supose to change their style into ours?

Or, let's say a band of gypsys in Spain get saved and they play the flamenco style. Are They supose to change their style into Jimmy Swaggert's style of Amazing Grace.

Maybe bands like the one being discussed thought about playing music like what they've seen on christian programming over the years but one guy might have said...ya know what guys? that music ain't bad but it might influence us to beg for money, sell miracles or fall into lust with our secretary.

The way one worships might be offensive to the other side in both directions.

One might pray in a still quiet voice, the other belts it out like thunder.

2 people win the lottery. One Shares his feelings with so much joy that he has to jump up and down, dance like crazy and get loud.....yelling at the top of his voice..'I WON! I WON! The other is just as happy but doesn't show hardly any emotion.

WE will know them by their FRUIT!

Gal 5:19-22 shows us the fruit of 2 life styles, THe acts of the sinful nature and the fruit of the Spirit,

In his love,

Brian

Edited by gypc

gypc

Let's supose that a tribe of people in Africa get saved. Their style of music is very different from ours. Are they supose to change their style into ours?

No,not at all. This is a matter of the heart like I have stated. Are they really saved? Will other people, unsaved people, looking at them get a distorted picture of christianity? Are they dancing and praising God or are they putting meathooks in their backs for Jesus? I'm just saying to be sure that it lines up with the Holy Spirit. That's all.

Or, let's say a band of gypsys in Spain get saved and they play the flamenco style. Are They supose to change their style into Jimmy Swaggert's style of Amazing Grace.

No, of course not. See above :t2:

Maybe bands like the one being discussed

I'm not speaking of any band in particular. I'm generalyzing.

The way one worships might be offensive to the other side in both directions.

Agreed. But I've seen people stick their tongues out like serpeants, shake uncontrollablly while taking their shirts off in church!!!! (women) This does not line up with the Holy Spirit. Again I'm generalyzing.

One might pray in a still quiet voice, the other belts it out like thunder.

Yes, whatever...and that's fine.

2 people win the lottery. One Shares his feelings with so much joy that he has to jump up and down, dance like crazy and get loud.....yelling at the top of his voice..'I WON! I WON! The other is just as happy but doesn't show hardly any emotion.

Yes I agree. Do you understand what I'm talking about? Sorry for the play by play - I know they're annoying. There's lots more I can say on this subject but I won't because it's time for me to go home. :P If you want more info, please pm me and I'll go into greater detail ok? :P

in love,

bpc

Guest yod

there are different purposes for different music.

I was actually saved while listening to U2 in 1990. There were other things that God used to call me but that "Joshua Tree" album was really speaking to my spirit. Nowadays, it would make no sense to me...but I knew exactly what God was saying to me then.

In the same way, groups like POD or Disciple will speak to a generation that has no interest in worshipping God. It like "outer court" music.

We should be thankful that there are ministers of the gospel who are willing to go right into the gates of hell to snatch the kids out.

I can testify that there is much fruit because my two oldest boys were turned from Marilyn Manson by these bands and are now walking with the Lord.

They both go into the Army in August. Please pray for them???

• Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  862
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

We have a group of people from Sudan and Egypt at our church in Adelaide, South Australia and have had the amazing opportunity to hear the women sing worship songs in their own language and cultural style and it is absolutley amazing and when they sing in English it is just as amazing.

I have not heard one out of tune Sudanese person in our church, these people have an amazing gift with their voices that just causes you to want to worship with the same heart as them. They have come from herrific circumstances so bad some will not speak of it and yet their voices during worship carry such heartfelt adderation and worship for God be it in English of their own language in which they jump up and down and bounce to the beat as you see all African tribes do on the documentries but there is no mistaking where their singing is aimed.

God is so amazing the way he has created us to be able to share our hearts with one another across what in other situatons would be a language or cultural barrier be it culture or barriers made up by society from one class to another there is no mistaking his anointing to reach all people where they are at.

Yod,

They both go into the Army in August. Please pray for them???

Of course I will pray for them. :D