murray007

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  871
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

I have had my children in public, private, and homeschool at different times. I am going back to homeschooling my daughter this next year. We are an atheist family. My daughter has been bullied about religion - especially in this past school year. She was actually shoved into a corner by a group of girls who demanded that she say she believes in god.

Schools here pray over the intercom every morning, before lunch, at all school functions, and have religious clubs, even bible study courses as part of the PUBLIC high school curriculum. Now, it's true that I live in the deep south, but I see these "christian" children as the antagonizers, bullies, and bad influences in our area. The children have no morals, talk ugly, and put down on anyone who is different from themselves. I don't want her to be a part of this downward spiraling culture on a daily basis.

I am taking her out of the private school BECAUSE of the mean-spirited christians who are influencing my child.

School systems were designed during the industrial revolution to make worker bees out of everyone. There is no need for this in our modern day society. Parents need to take more responsibility for the education of their children and stop expecting the schools to raise their children for them. Schools should not have to teach morals, good behavior and attitudes - Parents should. THIS is where our society has failed in education. Don't blame the schools, blame the parents. Teachers and administrators are, I believe, doing the best that they can to educate multitudes of unruly children in overcrowded classrooms. Since there is already prayer in the classrooms, obviously religion in school is NOT the answer. Maybe if corporal punishment was brought back we would see a bit of a change. But mostly, it's the parents' responsibility to raise children who respect and care about others - ALL others, not just people like themselves.

:noidea:

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

Prayer in schools will end when there are no more tests! :thumbsup:

LOL ain't that the truth!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  06/15/1959

:emot-pinochio: My daughters school still has the pledge of allegance and the pledge to the texas flag bahahaa and they have a moment of silence to pray,meditate,or reflect. I thank God everyday for this and during that moment of silence my daughter and her friends join hands and pray together. They have meet you at the pole where students that choose to can go in the morning and pray around the flag pole and it seems each yr that there are more joining in the prayer group. They also have a class in the morning for bible study and prayer, it started out with a small group and now they may have to move to a bigger room because it has become over flowed with kids. I thank God everyday for this still being allowed in her school.

Love ya

Cecee

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,166
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

:th_frusty: My daughters school still has the pledge of allegance and the pledge to the texas flag bahahaa and they have a moment of silence to pray,meditate,or reflect. I thank God everyday for this and during that moment of silence my daughter and her friends join hands and pray together. They have meet you at the pole where students that choose to can go in the morning and pray around the flag pole and it seems each yr that there are more joining in the prayer group. They also have a class in the morning for bible study and prayer, it started out with a small group and now they may have to move to a bigger room because it has become over flowed with kids. I thank God everyday for this still being allowed in her school.

Love ya

Cecee

wow what a wonderful report cecee :emot-pray:

love your sister in Christ,

Rebekah David

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  311
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  04/05/1959

:th_frusty: My daughters school still has the pledge of allegance and the pledge to the texas flag bahahaa and they have a moment of silence to pray,meditate,or reflect. I thank God everyday for this and during that moment of silence my daughter and her friends join hands and pray together. They have meet you at the pole where students that choose to can go in the morning and pray around the flag pole and it seems each yr that there are more joining in the prayer group. They also have a class in the morning for bible study and prayer, it started out with a small group and now they may have to move to a bigger room because it has become over flowed with kids. I thank God everyday for this still being allowed in her school.

Love ya

Cecee

That is happening here also at some schools not all. But it gives my heart joy to see it going on. Blessings sister.

In His Hands,

MeMa

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  660
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  10/06/1990

I live in Idaho. We even have a Christian club at our school, as cliquish as that sounds.