• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

During war there are alot of staged tortures and pictures taken. The reason why they do this is so they don't have to torture...........they will just show the pics to prisoners and they usally talk. Notice how they had a woman standing next to naked prisoners....In that country it is very shameful for a women to see a man naked. Some prisoners would rather die than to be shamed.

I'm definitly not saying this is ok, just giving a few facts.

In his love,

Brian

Edited by gypc

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest saved@8

thank you for the info gypc. that explains something i heard on the news today... the mother of one of the accused soliders said that her daughter (lynddie, i think) told her that the pictures were "staged" but not "faked". which would make sense if we were using these photos as a propaganda tool to get other prisoners to talk. thanks again for the insight.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

I think this is just the beginning. They are saying there are more and worse photos and even videos. I'm very concerned at what the reaction will be towards the US by all the world.

What were these idiots thinking? I can not believe they were stupid and hateful and shameless enough to do it, much less take pictures and videos.

I'm not sure we can smooth this one over. I think we have been busted and we are going to receive massive reprocussions.

We should punish the perpetrators publicly and rapidly and severly. Then we should lavish Iraqi's with the true Christian Spirit of the US.

This war is becoming a disaster. :t2:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

Does it matter? What is with everyone? :t2: Does it really matter? Staged or faked - who cares!?

How about we "own up"....it was just plain WRONG!

Of course, some are fundamentalist nutcases and some are Saddam loyalists...but the point being, what we did was an absolute evil period.

It is NOT what God would ordain or allow.

People do get killed in mortar fire in a war. People do step on mines and blow up. People do suffer...even innocent women and children. This alone is terrible; but we are NOT to allow or permit this kind of behavior because is it against the Geneva Convention...the rules all countries agreed to abide by..otherwise, we are guilty of war crimes.

HOW DARE we criticize the Nazi's for their horrible treatment of Jews when we strip down naked Iraqi prisoners and subject them to horrible shame! How dare we point at Saddam Hussein while we use electric shock torture on prisoners.

What is with everyone? Have we just all lost our minds and said, "Oh, well other people do it..afterall, it's war and it's okay."

No, it's NOT okay. Not now; not ever. It is never okay for us to lower ourselves to the level of animals and treat people like this.

It's one thing to abide by mutually agreed upon rules of engagement according to the Geneva Convention, which allows sleep deprivation and other unpleasant but non-torturous means of interrogation...but not this.

This is way out of bounds...Way out! :t2:

Guest yod

Unfortunately Wordsower there will be a loser that isn't even involved.

I'm afraid that we will appease Arab anger by turning from Israel.

I've thought for the longest time that King Abdullah of Jordan was the one person who could credibly negotiate a "covenant with the many" (Daniel) and he's starting to take an active role.

Keep looking up...our redemption draweth nigh.

I hope that christians will not fall away when they find out that we aren't going to disappear before it get really, really, really bad....

Wordsower: I'm with you, totally! :t2:

Guest LadyC

of course it's not ok! it was a dispicable thing.

that being said, we HAVE owned up to it, we ARE taking action against the ones responsible, and we need to quit grovelling now. it's not going to change a thing in the middle east where our apologies fall on deaf ears. deaf hypocritical ears to be more accurate, since they wouldn't hesitate to commit these kinds of atrocities and more on our soldiers.

it was wrong. it should not have happened. but the photos and videos should never have been aired, either, and the media needs to back off the story. and the dems that are making such a huge stink over it, such as john kerry and others, need to shut the heck up. why? because by giving it more and more media focus, they are irresponsibly increasing the danger our troops (and iraqi citizens) are facing over there.

Guest LadyC

oh, and the lawyer who is representing one of the girls needs to be strung up by his toenails. anyone heard what he had to say about it? he said "this wasn't serious abuse" among other things... people like him are just as bad as the perps. i realize everyone has the right to defense, but to call abuse "not serious" is just ridiculous.

Not grovelling ....just responding to those who say it's no biggy and oh, well...it's just a war so it's to be expected.

No..it's never to be expected, war or not. That's what I'm responding to...the cavalier attitudes of people who think it's no big deal.

It is and we must do the right thing and move on...but I'm not blowing it off. None of us would if that were our father or son or brother being humiliated. We'd be majorly ticked!

Guest LadyC

i meant our government grovelling.

i'm one of the ones (i think) who said i'm not at all surprised that some abuse has occurred. yes, i expected some to happen, because being a soldier doesn't necessarily mean that ALL who are soldiers are going to be honorable people.

that in no way lessens my outrage that it DID happen though!