Guest lovinghim4ever

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Believers' had/have/can have - faith to be saved (Eph 2:8), can have gift of faith (I Cor 12: 9), and can have faith to prophecy (Rom 12:6).

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  06/05/1952

Believers' had/have/can have - faith to be saved (Eph 2:8), can have gift of faith (I Cor 12: 9), and can have faith to prophecy (Rom 12:6).

If you notice in Romans where Paul refers to faith. He was speaking to other believers, so all of them to whom he was speaking had a measure of faith. IMO

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

I believe that we all are given a measure of faith at the time of our salvation. It takes faith for us to believe in Christ recieve it. But not all believers have the same amount of faith. In Matt. 8:10 Jesus said, "Verily I say unto you I have not found so great faith, no not in Israel." There are so many scriptures that refer to our amount of faith. "Faith comes by hearing the Word of God...." Romans 10:17. We are responsible for the building of our measure of faith by keeping our eyes and hearts focused on God through ALL things.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

There is one of those topics where one person's opinion is as right as another's. There's certainly a variety here as to what the measure of faith means to us individually as believers.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  06/05/1952

There is one of those topics where one person's opinion is as right as another's. There's certainly a variety here as to what the measure of faith means to us individually as believers.

When taking Scripture out of context you won't get right meaning of it.

It's by the mercies of God that we are saved at all. He has to be bidding us to come, to repent and accept Christ as our Saviour. He surely gives us a measure of faith at that time or we couldn't be saved.

I agree with whoever it was that said, it's up to us to build on that faith.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

Romans 12:3, " . . . God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith." (KJV)

To me "the" measure of faith means that no one is given more faith than another.

At birth we are all given the same measure of faith, but it is up to us to cultivate it.

As small children the Holy Spirit guides our parents to help us cultivate our faith.

As adults we are responsible for exercising our own faith with God's help.

What do some of you think?

Hi 'lovinghim4ever'

Here are a few scriptures I thought goes with your scripture 2 Corinthians 10:13-18 But we will not boast of things without our measure, but according to the measure of the rule which God hath distributed to us a measure to reach even unto you. For we stretch not ourselves beyond our measure. as though we reached not unto: for we are come as far as unto you also in preaching the gospel of Christ: Not boasting of things without our measure, that is, of other men's labors but haveing hope, when your faith is increased that we shall be enlarged by you according to our rule abundantly. To preach the gospel in the regions beyond you and not to boast in another man's line of things made ready to our hand. But he that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord. For not he that commended himself is approved, but whom the Lord commendeth.

Hebrews 13:7-- Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the the word of God whose faith follow considering the end of their conversation.

It would seem to me that according the measure of grace one has been given at conversion would be an amount of faith also given to a measure of faith and we are not to boast in that measure of faith we have been given according the scriptues.

[OC