• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  249
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

ok here's my take

I think it's amusing to watch atheists join this board and immediately attempt to argue our God.

Not all athiests join and immediately argue against god. I didn't. I'm just interested in other people's views. You don't get christian viewpoints on athiest boards.

I say 'our God' because I have honestly never seen an atheist arguing with a Moslem, a Buddhist, a Shintoist, a Hindu, etc...

So why do you argue our God? I mean, to deny the existence of only one God, you HAVE to admit that there is one, right?

I lump them all in together. I see it as people having a belief, different religions yes but all looking for a creator.

And why are you so adamant about joining a forum who's ideas and beliefs you obviously disagree with? Why not join an Atheism group? Is it because an Atheism group would have nothing to talk about? I mean, you have no beliefs in a higher power, right?

As id said i like to hear other people's views. I am on a few athiest boards but it's the same stuff that comes up, christian bashing with little debate. That's why i like coming here, good debates that make you think.

There, I said it. And I feel loads better.

Good. I feel great too. Later

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been studying since I have been gone and I have learned a thing or two about human behavior while gone. Atheists join these boards because they feel a need to be right.

no just here for interesting debate.

If they are wrong it destroys everything they have justified in their mind about our world and who we are. Atheism actually gives the atheist a degree of comfort in being able to explain something unexplainable (One of Gods qualities is that he is unexplainable).

I don't think i get a degree of comfort from athiesm. Hey i wish i could believe that god created everything, i just don't find it plausible. Then again in years to come who knows what life's trials and successes will have on my outlook.

Also there are atheism boards but no atheists on those boards actually want to talk about how nonreligious they are. They talk about cars, taxes, politics and the occasional stab at Christianity.

Too true, they all agree so there's no debate, hence why i'm here.

So my point is the ones that come here are insecure in some way, are looking for God but by challenging those with faith, or are having fun by arguing one of the only things they feel passionate about. They do it in the religious section of yahoo answers as well.

Have to disagree, i'm not insecure, i know you don't know me but i'd like to think i'm a pretty well rounded guy. I do get the feeling that certain people on this site have a certain view of what athiest people are like. As i've said here many times before don't judge all athiests on what a few say just as i won't judge all christians on what a few fundametalist christians would say. Have a good one. :57_57:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

I think it is a wonderful thing. Our God is big enough to stand up to a little scrutiny

Right, we should welcome atheists and agnostics because they obviously come here of their own free will and want to know and to discuss things. This is a positive thing; for them and for believers although I'll be the first to admit that sometimes they can be trying. That's okay! No one should be marginalized because they think differently and this is a great way to witness to those who don't believe in Him. We must not forget that God would have none perish; believers have a duty to try to support His wishes. :57_57:

Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying they shouldn't be welcome! If we rejected them, then we'd be no better. I'm just wondering why some will join the forum to start heated debates and continue to stir the coals. It just seems rather cruel and immature. I mean... what are they trying to prove? You can't prove anything if you have nothing that needs proving.

Many nonbelievers have an intellectual curiosity about religion. And, you're right, some join just to debate and try to prove they're right about what they believe. Many believe that religion is counterproductive, mass delusion or damaging to the intellect. Yes, some of them think of the faithful as fools. This doesn't happen so much here at WB; I see most of the wrangling in the evolution threads and it never gets as bad as some of the other boards (thanks to diligent mods). It just serves no purpose to villify the nonbelievers who visit here. The objective should be to persuade....not to stomp. :57_57:

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  89
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I think it's amusing to watch atheists join this board and immediately attempt to argue our God.

I say 'our God' because I have honestly never seen an atheist arguing with a Moslem, a Buddhist, a Shintoist, a Hindu, etc...

So why do you argue our God? I mean, to deny the existence of only one God, you HAVE to admit that there is one, right?

And why are you so adamant about joining a forum who's ideas and beliefs you obviously disagree with? Why not join an Atheism group? Is it because an Atheism group would have nothing to talk about? I mean, you have no beliefs in a higher power, right?

I argue here because christians are the ones who do the most to disrupt my way of life. I live in a small town. Mostly everyone here is Christian. Those who aren't abstain from religion. There are no hinduists, or muslem, or shintoist, ect. Another fact: my uncle is gay. He only comes in once or twice a year because of the views of the community. It's understandable in our community; there is very little diversity. But when i see the Moral Majority trying to push anti-gay rights legislature through our countrie's government it's hurtful. That is why I come here.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  104
  • Birthday:  02/24/1987

I argue here because christians are the ones who do the most to disrupt my way of life. I live in a small town. Mostly everyone here is Christian. Those who aren't abstain from religion. There are no hinduists, or muslem, or shintoist, ect. Another fact: my uncle is gay. He only comes in once or twice a year because of the views of the community. It's understandable in our community; there is very little diversity. But when i see the Moral Majority trying to push anti-gay rights legislature through our countrie's government it's hurtful. That is why I come here.

Ok, good argument. In your honesty: do you assume all christians to be like that?

That's good, sorgo. If Christians are disrupting your life then maybe, just maybe, someday you will look to the Lord for life's meaning. And,I hate to break it to you, the Moral Majority has splintered and is not what it used to be. Government can't legislate morality; it comes from within the individual. :th_praying:

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  89

That's good, sorgo. If Christians are disrupting your life then maybe, just maybe, someday you will look to the Lord for life's meaning. And,I hate to break it to you, the Moral Majority has splintered and is not what it used to be. Government can't legislate morality; it comes from within the individual. :whistling:

If the government can't legislate morality than why are they trying? Why is gay marriage not legal in every state?

That's good, sorgo. If Christians are disrupting your life then maybe, just maybe, someday you will look to the Lord for life's meaning. And,I hate to break it to you, the Moral Majority has splintered and is not what it used to be. Government can't legislate morality; it comes from within the individual. :emot-highfive:

If the government can't legislate morality than why are they trying? Why is gay marriage not legal in every state?

I think it's because the citizenry doesn't want gay marriage to be legal. I personally don't think there can be a 'marriage' between two members of the same sex but I do believe that the law should provide for civil unions which give legal rights to the people involved. The government only has the power to protect citizens rights; it doesn't have the power to force them to live according to anyone's morals but their own. Moral issues are the purview of the church, IMO. :emot-highfive:

I do get the feeling that certain people on this site have a certain view of what atheist people are like. As I've said here many times before don't judge all atheists on what a few say just as I won't judge all Christians on what a few Fundamentalist Christians would say

:o

What!

You Called?

Silly Guy :emot-hug::24::24:

:)

The Trouble With Atheists

Biblically (Fundamentally)

The Atheist Like The Theist, The Agnostic And The Apathetic Have Only One Hope Which Is To Be Granted Belief In The LORD Jesus

And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:14-16

The Atheist Like The Theist, The Agnostic And The Apathetic Are Already Judged If They Believe Not In Jesus

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:17-18

Most Atheists, Theists, Agnostics And Apathetics Will Refuse The Gift Of God's Grace, Faith In Jesus

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

Most Atheists, Theists, Agnostics And Apathetics Fritter And Sin Away All Chances For Jesus

Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Matthew 7:14

This Is So Serious And So Sad We Weep And Post The Precious Word Of Jesus

They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him. Psalms 126:5-6

And We Exhort You Dear One Just Don't Quit Please Seek Jesus

And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart Jeremiah 29:13

For Where There Is Life There Is Hope For Faith In Jesus

Amen

:emot-hug:

Believe And Be Blessed Beloved Of The LORD

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips. Psalms 141:3

The Trouble With Atheists

The Atheist Like The Theist, The Agnostic And The Apathetic Have Only One Hope Which Is To Be Granted Belief In The LORD Jesus

As i've said before i opened myself to god many times. Laid myself bare for jesus and never felt one bit of difference in my life. Never felt his presence, holy spirit or anything that i could attribute to god having an influence in my life. I have always said i am open to god. Always. So in the end what more can i do. Should i blindly follow like a fake?