IGNORED

Muslim Threats Force Out Disabled Teacher With Dog

JustinM

Guest shiloh357
i pretty much echo The Lorax's sentiments. This kid was obviously being a jerk and should be punished. His actions however shouldn't be representative of all Muslims any more than any other high-school incident like this, which is what the article seems to be trying to say.

JustinM, the actions of this person are not representative of Islam in the same way the KKK is not representative of Christianity.

Yeah, but let an Israeli step out of line and suddenly all of Israel gets blamed. Liberals always operate from this kind of double standard.

When did I, or anyone in this thread, for that matter, ever blame Isreal causing prejudice/bigotry/racism on the part of an Isreali/Jew similar to what this teen/the KKK engaged in?

Unfortunately, using the formulaic "You are correct on X issue, but about about Y? Which of course, is (negative claim) due to/on the part of Liberals!" Does not work here.

I didn't say anything about you or anyone on this thread. I simply made a statement that is generally true about liberals in the media and elsewhere.

If an Israeli gets out of line, people whine about "Israeli policies" as if it was typical Israeli behavior, but when a Muslim commits an act of terrorism, we are lectured to by liberals that this is not typical of Muslims. That is simply how it plays out. It is the typical doublestandard we can usually expect from a liberal.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,009
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  3

I didn't say anything about you or anyone on this thread. I simply made a statement that is generally true about liberals in the media and elsewhere.

If an Israeli gets out of line, people whine about "Israeli policies" as if it was typical Israeli behavior, but when a Muslim commits an act of terrorism, we are lectured to by liberals that this is not typical of Muslims. That is simply how it plays out. It is the typical doublestandard we can usually expect from a liberal.

Generalizations are not valid arguments. For example, I've heard several conservatives, not just on this board... Advocate the use of carpet bombing and heavy artillery strikes in Iraq, not giving a second thought to civlian casualties or collateral damage. But it would be foolish to generalize that conservativse don't care about civilian casualties in this war. Even though when the number of civilian casualties is brought on worthyboards, the attitude conservatives here have towards that is dismissive at best, justifying it at worst.

I'm really hoping Stalin wasn't right about that one quote he has. When a million people die in another country of 25 million, I think of it as a tragedy, not a statistic.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

I'm really hoping Stalin wasn't right about that one quote he has. When a million people die in another country of 25 million, I think of it as a tragedy, not a statistic.

Csn you cite your source for the 'million' figure, B.H.? I don't find that anywhere....unless you count the enemy.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

I can see how you would see similarities between the Bible and the qu'ran. This is because islam borrowed heavily from the Old Testament when the qu'ran came into being sometime in the seventh century. Sure, the Bible does contain violent passages; only God can explain those. But there is a fundamental difference between Christianity and islam; Christians believe that the Son of God paid for our sins and assured our salvation; muslims believe that, by waging war and killing, they can please the moon god 'allah' and pay their way into paradise. :emot-pray:

I agree with you that Christianity and Islam are certainly different, and I disagree with a lot of the Islamic beliefs. However you claim that Muslims believe that waging war and killing is necessary to get into paradise, and I believe that is incorrect.

Here are the 5 fundamental pillars of Islam, the things that are expected of you during your life, and the things that make someone a 'good' muslim:

http://www.islam101.com/dawah/pillars.html

The 'Five Pillars' of Islam are the foundation of Muslim life:

* Faith or belief in the Oneness of God and the finality of the prophethood of Muhammad;

* Establishment of the daily prayers;

* Concern for and almsgiving to the needy;

* Self-purification through fasting; and

* The pilgrimage to Makkah for those who are able.

Again I'm not trying to promote Islam or anything, but you have to admit there isn't anything having to do with war and killing involved in these primary pillars. In fact, I would assume that most Christians would find a lot of good in pillars like this. Prayer, faith, almsgiving, fasting, travel to the holy land. All of that is practiced by many Christians.

The 6th Pillar is something Shi'a Muslims believe in, and that's the one that seems to be in contention. The issue of Jihad, or struggle, is the one where it can lead to war against enemies of Islam. The issue is how does one define an enemy to Islam? One recognized interpretation is that anyone who denies the opportunity for Muslims to practice or spread their faith could be considered an enemy and a possible Jihad target.

This can be viewed radically, but again this seems to be something that Christians would support. If Christians were denied the opportunity to spread and practice their religion, wouldn't they fight for the right to do so? Perhaps not always physically, but there would still be a push to change things. Isn't that what's happening even now on a minor scale? Abortion, homosexual agenda, public schooling protocol, aren't Christian-based groups trying to fight these things because they are viewed as taking God out of America? Just saying again, Christianity and Islam might not be as different as you think. I think that in truth both essentially argue for the same things, just for opposing reasons.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

With over 100 acquaintances of mine MURDERED by Moslems, I believe I can speak with some authority on this issue.

I'm sorry for the losses you have had to endure.

Over 90% of Mosques in the U.S. are ALREADY RADICALIZED. World-wide, you would be hard pressed to find more than a handful of Mosques which are not radicalized.

Over 70% of Male Moslem youths in the U.S. said in a recent survey that they SUPPORT SUICIDE BOMBINGS!

It is abundantly clear that MOST Moslems you meet here in America would love to cut your throat if they thought they could get away with it............

I would love to see sources backing up these claims. I would also like to see what the definition of "radicalized mosque" is in that study, provided you cite it.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=64151

This is the USA not Somalia. These people left Somalia because of the oppression and famine they suffered at the hands of Islamic Fascists, yet they are acting no different than those despotic warlords, regarding the superiority complex they have with their religion.

These people need to be put on a very short leash if they are going to behave like animals.

Jesus said, "If any man calls his brother a fool, he is in danger of the fires of hell." To the person above I hope you will take what our Lord said to heart. Our also instructed us that our two greatest commandments were to love God and love our brother. While I agree that the students' behavior is reprehensible it is does not further the kingdom of God by responding to them in kind. When Christ was taunted He did not reply to his attackers. When He was being crucified He prayed for those who had wronged Him. We are instructed that when persecuted not to repay wrong for wrong, but to love and pray for our brother. When we are persecuted we are told to give thanks to God because we have been deemed worthy to suffer for His kingdom.

It is my prayer, this day, Lord that you will deem all of us worthy to suffer for your name. That we will follow your example and love those who hate us. That we will not be surprised by the world's hostility toward your children for they hated you first. That by your power working through us we will, in the face of opposition bring many more people into your kingdom. Amen.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I can see how you would see similarities between the Bible and the qu'ran. This is because islam borrowed heavily from the Old Testament when the qu'ran came into being sometime in the seventh century. Sure, the Bible does contain violent passages; only God can explain those. But there is a fundamental difference between Christianity and islam; Christians believe that the Son of God paid for our sins and assured our salvation; muslims believe that, by waging war and killing, they can please the moon god 'allah' and pay their way into paradise. :laugh:

I agree with you that Christianity and Islam are certainly different, and I disagree with a lot of the Islamic beliefs. However you claim that Muslims believe that waging war and killing is necessary to get into paradise, and I believe that is incorrect.

Here are the 5 fundamental pillars of Islam, the things that are expected of you during your life, and the things that make someone a 'good' muslim:

* Faith or belief in the Oneness of God and the finality of the prophethood of Muhammad;

Again I'm not trying to promote Islam or anything, but you have to admit there isn't anything having to do with war and killing involved in these primary pillars. In fact, I would assume that most Christians would find a lot of good in pillars like this. Prayer, faith, almsgiving, fasting, travel to the holy land. All of that is practiced by many Christians.

The 6th Pillar is something Shi'a Muslims believe in, and that's the one that seems to be in contention. The issue of Jihad, or struggle, is the one where it can lead to war against enemies of Islam. The issue is how does one define an enemy to Islam? One recognized interpretation is that anyone who denies the opportunity for Muslims to practice or spread their faith could be considered an enemy and a possible Jihad target.

This can be viewed radically, but again this seems to be something that Christians would support. If Christians were denied the opportunity to spread and practice their religion, wouldn't they fight for the right to do so? Perhaps not always physically, but there would still be a push to change things. Isn't that what's happening even now on a minor scale? Abortion, homosexual agenda, public schooling protocol, aren't Christian-based groups trying to fight these things because they are viewed as taking God out of America? Just saying again, Christianity and Islam might not be as different as you think. I think that in truth both essentially argue for the same things, just for opposing reasons.

All the above are moot points. We are not called to judge people outside our own faith. We are called to love them. We are not called to find common ground with people of differing views, we are called to point them to Christ. We are called to live our lives as our Lord instructed: in a holy, selfless, all loving manner, with Christ at the center of it. We must show all people that we are different, not because of our belief system or that we are better than they, but because Christ lives within us, powers us, and is our strength in all things.

People are not persuaded to leave their life and the evil of this present world by our persuasive arguements. People are only changed when they come in contact with the living God who is living a holy life through His children.

I can see how you would see similarities between the Bible and the qu'ran. This is because islam borrowed heavily from the Old Testament when the qu'ran came into being sometime in the seventh century. Sure, the Bible does contain violent passages; only God can explain those. But there is a fundamental difference between Christianity and islam; Christians believe that the Son of God paid for our sins and assured our salvation; muslims believe that, by waging war and killing, they can please the moon god 'allah' and pay their way into paradise. :)

Oh, puhleeze......everyone knows the five pillars of islam. READ the qu'ran. Maybe then you won't believe and repeat the stuff put out by CAIR. :laugh:

Guest shiloh357

Generalizations are not valid arguments. For example, I've heard several conservatives, not just on this board... Advocate the use of carpet bombing and heavy artillery strikes in Iraq, not giving a second thought to civlian casualties or collateral damage. But it would be foolish to generalize that conservativse don't care about civilian casualties in this war. Even though when the number of civilian casualties is brought on worthyboards, the attitude conservatives here have towards that is dismissive at best, justifying it at worst.

A generality is a valid argument as it refers to a majority. A generality would only be invalid if I were claiming a generality based on only one or two occurrences.

The example you give is entirely dissimilar in that it solely refers to assigning values to a group accross the board based on the views of a select few. I am talking about observable behavior. Even in the media, HBO recently ran a special about Palestinian prisoners in Israeli prisons. They featured a women who they made to appear "peaceful" with a glowing smile and a life full of dreams. The thing is, she was the driver of the vehicle that delivered the suicide bomber who blew up the Sbarros Pizza shop in which several innocent Israeli young people were killed. The liberal media is often sympathetic to scum like her, and her actions are said not to be "typical" of Islam, (despite the fact that EVERY Islamic nation is united in Israel's destruction and either supports or funds terrorism against Israel).

People who claim that terrorism and violence are not typical of Islam do not have a very good grasp of history especially the history of modern Israel who has continually suffered terrorism at the hands of multiple Islamic nations and is constantly threatened with annihilation from the "Religion of Peace." Every one of Israel's major wars were started by the Muslims and were funded or otherwise supported through troops and arms by several Islamic nations including the smaller gulf states.

The Muslim world is the home of female genital mutilation, gender apartheid, honor killings that punish young girls with beheading as a result of being a victim of rape, as well as a host of other brutalities the liberal world would rather sweep under the rug and pretend don't exist. Don't even get me started on the dhimmi status that is imposed on nonMuslim residents of Muslim countries and the oppression they go through. Don't forget that in the Muslim world conversion to Christianity is punishable by death.

The Muslim world postures itself as "peaceful" in front of the western media and then goes behind the curtains and laughs at the gullibility of the liberal western media and its governments.

A generality is a valid argument as it refers to a majority. A generality would only be invalid if I were claiming a generality based on only one or two occurrences.

The example you give is entirely dissimilar in that it solely refers to assigning values to a group accross the board based on the views of a select few. I am talking about observable behavior. Even in the media, HBO recently ran a special about Palestinian prisoners in Israeli prisons. They featured a women who they made to appear "peaceful" with a glowing smile and a life full of dreams. The thing is, she was the driver of the vehicle that delivered the suicide bomber who blew up the Sbarros Pizza shop in which several innocent Israeli young people were killed. The liberal media is often sympathetic to scum like her, and her actions are said not to be "typical" of Islam, (despite the fact that EVERY Islamic nation is united in Israel's destruction and either supports or funds terrorism against Israel).

People who claim that terrorism and violence are not typical of Islam do not have a very good grasp of history especially the history of modern Israel who has continually suffered terrorism at the hands of multiple Islamic nations and is constantly threatened with annihilation from the "Religion of Peace." Every one of Israel's major wars were started by the Muslims and were funded or otherwise supported through troops and arms by several Islamic nations including the smaller gulf states.

The Muslim world is the home of female genital mutilation, gender apartheid, honor killings that punish young girls with beheading as a result of being a victim of rape, as well as a host of other brutalities the liberal world would rather sweep under the rug and pretend don't exist. Don't even get me started on the dhimmi status that is imposed on nonMuslim residents of Muslim countries and the oppression they go through. Don't forget that in the Muslim world conversion to Christianity is punishable by death.

The Muslim world postures itself as "peaceful" in front of the western media and then goes behind the curtains and laughs at the gullibility of the liberal western media and its governments.

Very good synopsis of the cancer that is islam..... :laugh: