• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

I didn't say anything about you or anyone on this thread. I simply made a statement that is generally true about liberals in the media and elsewhere.

If an Israeli gets out of line, people whine about "Israeli policies" as if it was typical Israeli behavior, but when a Muslim commits an act of terrorism, we are lectured to by liberals that this is not typical of Muslims. That is simply how it plays out. It is the typical doublestandard we can usually expect from a liberal.

Generalizations are not valid arguments. For example, I've heard several conservatives, not just on this board... Advocate the use of carpet bombing and heavy artillery strikes in Iraq, not giving a second thought to civlian casualties or collateral damage. But it would be foolish to generalize that conservativse don't care about civilian casualties in this war. Even though when the number of civilian casualties is brought on worthyboards, the attitude conservatives here have towards that is dismissive at best, justifying it at worst.

I'm really hoping Stalin wasn't right about that one quote he has. When a million people die in another country of 25 million, I think of it as a tragedy, not a statistic.

A generality is a valid argument as it refers to a majority. A generality would only be invalid if I were claiming a generality based on only one or two occurrences.

The example you give is entirely dissimilar in that it solely refers to assigning values to a group accross the board based on the views of a select few. I am talking about observable behavior. Even in the media, HBO recently ran a special about Palestinian prisoners in Israeli prisons. They featured a women who they made to appear "peaceful" with a glowing smile and a life full of dreams. The thing is, she was the driver of the vehicle that delivered the suicide bomber who blew up the Sbarros Pizza shop in which several innocent Israeli young people were killed. The liberal media is often sympathetic to scum like her, and her actions are said not to be "typical" of Islam, (despite the fact that EVERY Islamic nation is united in Israel's destruction and either supports or funds terrorism against Israel).

People who claim that terrorism and violence are not typical of Islam do not have a very good grasp of history especially the history of modern Israel who has continually suffered terrorism at the hands of multiple Islamic nations and is constantly threatened with annihilation from the "Religion of Peace." Every one of Israel's major wars were started by the Muslims and were funded or otherwise supported through troops and arms by several Islamic nations including the smaller gulf states.

The Muslim world is the home of female genital mutilation, gender apartheid, honor killings that punish young girls with beheading as a result of being a victim of rape, as well as a host of other brutalities the liberal world would rather sweep under the rug and pretend don't exist. Don't even get me started on the dhimmi status that is imposed on nonMuslim residents of Muslim countries and the oppression they go through. Don't forget that in the Muslim world conversion to Christianity is punishable by death.

The Muslim world postures itself as "peaceful" in front of the western media and then goes behind the curtains and laughs at the gullibility of the liberal western media and its governments.

:emot-hug: Way to go Shiloh!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

what an idiot

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

what an idiot

the student in the story, I mean

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

what an idiot

the student in the story, I mean

:emot-hug: Now that's something I would do..........