IGNORED

Matthew Chapter 24

BlindSeeker

Guest shiloh357
Would you mind summing up what it is you are hoping to say in as brief a way possible? That way I'll know if I want to go through all this.

At first glance it looks like it is some sort of preterist perspective of end times eschatology?

Actually, it is the partially the perspective of an eye witness to the destruction of Israel as a nation. I am not a preterist . . . though they like other believers have some truths to share.

Okay, so what is the point you are trying to make? Is there a point? Israel was never destroyed as nation, btw. Israel has always been God's nation and always will be according Jer. 31:35-36. The nation is currently being restored to the Land.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,041
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

What is it that you are attempting to accomplish by this post. It is so long, most wont read it. What view point are you attempting to support? have you quoted and interacted with those who take an opposite view? Other wise it is just qoting people who agree with you

I want to accomplish global domination. :emot-partyblower:

Actually, this is a strange question to be asked on a forum. What do you want to accomplish here Eric? :thumbsup:

I am simply submitting my perspective of Matthew 24 based on years on prayerful study and historical consideration for feedback from others.

I am sure there are questions others may have that I have not considered. Such questions will be profitable to evaluate.

I am not saying I am right, I am simply saying this is my current persuasion . . . and why I believe it to be so.

Shorter more succint points would be better understood, if you wanting to get your point across. I have had to learn that the hard way. No one on a message board really has the time to read online novel. What is the basic summation or main idea you are wanting to get across?

I really am not interested in the thoughts of drive bys.

Those who will take time to read it will be enough.

Guest shiloh357
Shorter more succint points would be better understood, if you wanting to get your point across. I have had to learn that the hard way. No one on a message board really has the time to read online novel. What is the basic summation or main idea you are wanting to get across?

This is not a driveby. I read the entire thing. The problem is that there is no really good organization in what you posted. You just string a lot of things together with no focus, no central theme or main idea. Those things are necessary if you want to make point.

Anyone can just string cut and pastes together like lights on Christmas tree.

I am asking for the point you are trying make.

Israel was never destroyed as nation, btw.

Show me a map made after 70 ad and before 1948 where such a nation existed.

Like the beast in Revelation (since the two are historically connected) Israel

Guest shiloh357

So me a map mad after 70 ad and before 1948 where such a nation existed.

This is not a driveby. I read the entire thing. The problem is that there is no really good organization in what you posted. You just string a lot of things together with no focus, no central theme or main idea. Those things are necessary if you want to make point.

Anyone can just string cut and pastes together like lights on Christmas tree.

I am asking for the point you are trying make.

Apparently, the OP isn't for you then.

Maybe you are so focused on your position you cannot consider another.

The OP chronologically follows the chapter . . . and yes, the perspectives of learned men of God are submitted for prayerful consideration, as well as the testimony of an eye witness to the events that correspond to the words of Christ.

I would hardly compare it to your holiday tree . . . but, perhaps that was more of a slam than a sincere critique . . . forgive me if I

So me a map mad after 70 ad and before 1948 where such a nation existed.

Sorry Shiloh, but I have to go for now.

I will respond to your comments later . . . .

Guest shiloh357
Apparently, the OP isn't for you then.

Maybe you are so focused on your position you cannot consider another.

No, I am trying to consider, but like I said, you have not made a coherent point. That is my point. You have not organized your post in a manner that reveals what you are trying to say, and that makes it difficult to understand. It may be clear to you, what it is you want to say, but you need to think about the reader. That is what a good writer does. Stop trying show off and just tell us what the point is.

Is it too hard for you to just answer the question?

The OP chronologically follows the chapter . . . and yes, the perspectives of learned men of God are submitted for prayerful consideration, as well as the testimony of an eye witness to the events that correspond to the words of Christ.
Yes, but just peppering people with commentaries and Scripture passages does not really mean you have made your point. It does not mean that you have made an organized, recognizable statement.

I would hardly compare it to your holiday tree . . . but, perhaps that was more of a slam than a sincere critique . . . forgive me if I