BlindSeeker

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,041
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

Because of the time in which we are living and because of the many different interpretations being giving of Matthew chapter 24, I have endeavored to compile some thoughts of some very learned commentators, some excerpts of history recorded by Josephus, as well as some of my own thoughts and reasoning with some scriptural cross references to clarify my present persuasion.

I share this for other believers considerations and encourage everyone to be fully persuaded within themselves as to the proper applications of Jesus

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 pages

:laugh:

Not everyone eats fast foods . . .

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/23/1970

I can't read all of it in one sitting, especially since my kids are up, but I read the first couple of pages, and I see nothing I disagree with. Good commentary. :laugh: Everyone needs to read it. There has been so much false assumptions about that passage in recent years (130, give or take).

I can't read all of it in one sitting, especially since my kids are up, but I read the first couple of pages, and I see nothing I disagree with. Good commentary. :) Everyone needs to read it. There has been so much false assumptions about that passage in recent years (130, give or take).

Thank you for talking the time to read it . . . I know it is long.

I think one of the most enlightening thing for myself from doing the study was coming to terms with the fact that the disciples did not know or understand what was going to happen so they could not have intelligently asked about the "second coming" or the "end of the world" as so many today teach.

Peace.

Would you mind summing up what it is you are hoping to say in as brief a way possible? That way I'll know if I want to go through all this.

At first glance it looks like it is some sort of preterist perspective of end times eschatology?

:)

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

What is it that you are attempting to accomplish by this post. It is so long, most wont read it. What view point are you attempting to support? have you quoted and interacted with those who take an opposite view? Other wise it is just qoting people who agree with you

Guest shiloh357

Shorter more succint points would be better understood, if you wanting to get your point across. I have had to learn that the hard way. No one on a message board really has the time to read online novel. What is the basic summation or main idea you are wanting to get across?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  700
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/11/1977

I would really be interested in this, but in a more condensed version. :thumbsup:

Would you mind summing up what it is you are hoping to say in as brief a way possible? That way I'll know if I want to go through all this.

At first glance it looks like it is some sort of preterist perspective of end times eschatology?

Actually, it is the partially the perspective of an eye witness to the destruction of Israel as a nation. I am not a preterist . . . though they like other believers have some truths to share.