• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

I read though your whole post Blindseeker and I understood the whole of it, and the commentators historical accounts with Matt. 24. My question is, does this in your opinoin negate the prophesies of Daniel and Revelation regarding the seven yr. tribulation, or how does it all tie in with the second coming of Christ? I really am trying to understnd as I am not that versed in the prophesies. Thank you for the time to clarify this for me. Be blessed Stacey C.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  4,063
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

I read though your whole post Blindseeker and I understood the whole of it, and the commentators historical accounts with Matt. 24. My question is, does this in your opinoin negate the prophesies of Daniel and Revelation regarding the seven yr. tribulation, or how does it all tie in with the second coming of Christ? I really am trying to understnd as I am not that versed in the prophesies. Thank you for the time to clarify this for me. Be blessed Stacey C.

Hello Stacey,

The spirit of your post is a blessing in itself. Thank you for taking the time to read the OP.

As far as I know, the only verse that is used to give a seven year period is Daniel 9:27. I personal feel it is misinterpreted for the Antichrist and the tribulation. All the ofter verses in Revelation mostly deal with three and a half year periods and for some reason are all taken to refer to the same period of time . . . perhaps that is not God's intent. To be honest, I do not subscribe to the seven year tribulation and anti-christ theology that is most popular. I do believe in tribulation. I do believe in the spirit of Antichrist, as well as there having been pseudo-christs and false prophets and false brethren.

In direct answer to your question there is nothing in scripture or the OP that "negate the prophesies of Daniel and Revelation," rather it only challenges the many interpretations thereof. If there is a specific prophecy you are referring to please feel free to post it and I will share my understanding of it.

Peace.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

Here are a couple of scriptures that I refer to when I asked about the anti-christ...... Amplified version Rev.13:1-3 "(As) I stood on the sandy beach, I saw a beast coming up out of the sea with ten horns and seven heads. On his horns he had ten royal crowns (diadems) and blasphemous titles(names) on his heads. And the beast that I saw resembled a leopard, but his feet were like those of a bear and his mouth was like that of a lion. And to him the dragon gave his (own) might and power and his (own) throne and great dominion. And one of his heads seemed to have a deadly wound. But his death stroke was healed; and the whole world went after the beast in amazement and adoration." Then in verse 11 "Then I saw another beast rising up out of the land (itself) he had two horns like a lamb and he spake (roared) like a dragon. He exerts all the power and right of control of the former beast in his presence, and causes the earth and those who dwell upon it to exalt and deify the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed, and to worship him." V. 18 "Here is (room for) discernment (a call for the wisdom of interpertation) Let anyone who has intelligence (penetration and insight enough) calculate the number of the beast, for it is a human number (the number of a certain man); his number is 666."

Here are a couple of scriptures that I refer to when I asked about the anti-christ...... Amplified version Rev.13:1-3 "(As) I stood on the sandy beach, I saw a beast coming up out of the sea with ten horns and seven heads. On his horns he had ten royal crowns (diadems) and blasphemous titles(names) on his heads. And the beast that I saw resembled a leopard, but his feet were like those of a bear and his mouth was like that of a lion. And to him the dragon gave his (own) might and power and his (own) throne and great dominion. And one of his heads seemed to have a deadly wound. But his death stroke was healed; and the whole world went after the beast in amazement and adoration." Then in verse 11 "Then I saw another beast rising up out of the land (itself) he had two horns like a lamb and he spake (roared) like a dragon. He exerts all the power and right of control of the former beast in his presence, and causes the earth and those who dwell upon it to exalt and deify the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed, and to worship him." V. 18 "Here is (room for) discernment (a call for the wisdom of interpertation) Let anyone who has intelligence (penetration and insight enough) calculate the number of the beast, for it is a human number (the number of a certain man); his number is 666."

The first beast in 13:1 is the 8th and final beast that goes into destruction. It is a government that has global influence. It is identified through a historical succession of nation/empires that have had a direct influence on the nation of Israel.

Re 17:7 And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.

8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.

10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.

11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

There are multiple players in this passage -

1. The woman on the beast (notice see is not there in 13:1)

2. The seven headed beast with the seven heads showing its historical past.

3. The ten horns which hate the beast and covenant together to destroy it and the woman together.

The second beast with the two horns as a lamb, yet speaks like a dragon, to me represents the leader of the first beast, a government. His appearance is that he is a lamb (for peace) but his agendas are actually for war.

Regarding the number 666, there are many applications I have heard. One that sticks with me is how those numbers are used as a scale, or gauge to adjust the laser scanners at the stores for reading the bar codes. Bar code appear to have two thin lines at the beginning, middle and end.

The two lines are actually two parts darkened of a (I believe it is) seven part space allotted for numerical digital identification. By using the three sixes the laser can adjust the span of the laser to accurately scale and thus read the bar codes. This digital marking has become a standard . . . from what I been told.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Hello Stacey,

The spirit of your post is a blessing in itself. Thank you for taking the time to read the OP.

As far as I know, the only verse that is used to give a seven year period is Daniel 9:27. I personal feel it is misinterpreted for the Antichrist and the tribulation. All the ofter verses in Revelation mostly deal with three and a half year periods and for some reason are all taken to refer to the same period of time . . . perhaps that is not God's intent. To be honest, I do not subscribe to the seven year tribulation and anti-christ theology that is most popular. I do believe in tribulation. I do believe in the spirit of Antichrist, as well as there having been pseudo-christs and false prophets and false brethren.

In direct answer to your question there is nothing in scripture or the OP that "negate the prophesies of Daniel and Revelation," rather it only challenges the many interpretations thereof. If there is a specific prophecy you are referring to please feel free to post it and I will share my understanding of it.

Peace.

I would have to agree with Blindseeker on this as Daniel 9:27 is speaking of the destruction of Jerusalem that occurred in 70 A.D.

And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate. - Daniel 9:27

He - Jesus

One week - 70 years

Oblation to cease - Jesus was last sacrifice

Desolation - destruction of Jerusalem by Romans

One thing that has helped me to understand all of this that The prophesies in Daniel have nothing to do with the ones in Revelation. Daniel's prophesies are basically for the future of the Jews while Revelation is for the future of the Church. What tripe people us is when they try to use Daniel prophesies to explain future events.

The first beast in 13:1 is the 8th and final beast that goes into destruction. It is a government that has global influence. It is identified through a historical succession of nation/empires that have had a direct influence on the nation of Israel.

Re 17:7 And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.

8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.

10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.

11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

There are multiple players in this passage -

1. The woman on the beast (notice see is not there in 13:1)

2. The seven headed beast with the seven heads showing its historical past.

3. The ten horns which hate the beast and covenant together to destroy it and the woman together.

The second beast with the two horns as a lamb, yet speaks like a dragon, to me represents the leader of the first beast, a government. His appearance is that he is a lamb (for peace) but his agendas are actually for war.

Regarding the number 666, there are many applications I have heard. One that sticks with me is how those numbers are used as a scale, or gauge to adjust the laser scanners at the stores for reading the bar codes. Bar code appear to have two thin lines at the beginning, middle and end.

The two lines are actually two parts darkened of a (I believe it is) seven part space allotted for numerical digital identification. By using the three sixes the laser can adjust the span of the laser to accurately scale and thus read the bar codes. This digital marking has become a standard . . . from what I been told.

You are partially right in this. The beast is a government and second beast is it's spokesperson. But, the number of 666 is is not laser scanners or bar codes. That is a great myth. The beast here is not only a government, buy also a denomination that has acted like a government. There is one denomination that has been around for a long time that has controlled many people and other governments. The smaller beast with two horns is practically its leader. Rev. 13:12 says that he cause the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast. The number of the smaller beast is 666.

I would have to agree with Blindseeker on this as Daniel 9:27 is speaking of the destruction of Jerusalem that occurred in 70 A.D.

And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate. - Daniel 9:27

He - Jesus

One week - 70 years

Oblation to cease - Jesus was last sacrifice

Desolation - destruction of Jerusalem by Romans

One thing that has helped me to understand all of this that The prophesies in Daniel have nothing to do with the ones in Revelation. Daniel's prophesies are basically for the future of the Jews while Revelation is for the future of the Church. What tripe people us is when they try to use Daniel prophesies to explain future events.

Except for the seventy years being the one week, I agree. Each day of Daniel's seventy weeks represents a year, so the seventy weeks (70) times seven days a week (7) equals a total of 490 years.

The seventy weeks deal specifically with the Jewish people, Jerusalem, the fulfillment of the prophetic aspect (ceremonial) of the law, the doing away with the sin offering by Christ passion thus establish a legal means of restoration of the repentant, the pouring out of God

You are partially right in this. The beast is a government and second beast is it's spokesperson. But, the number of 666 is is not laser scanners or bar codes. That is a great myth. The beast here is not only a government, buy also a denomination that has acted like a government. There is one denomination that has been around for a long time that has controlled many people and other governments. The smaller beast with two horns is practically its leader. Rev. 13:12 says that he cause the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast. The number of the smaller beast is 666.

So you believe that the beast is catholicism? If not, then what denomination?

When all the pieces are put together it is Catholicism, but it is almost taboo to say that.

When all the pieces are put together it is Catholicism, but it is almost taboo to say that.

Perhaps not all the pieces were correctly assembled . . .

Where then are all the merchants being made rich by catholicism?

Re 18:16 And saying, Alas, alas, that great city, that was clothed in fine linen, and purple, and scarlet, and decked with gold, and precious stones, and pearls!

17 For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,

18 And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city!

19 And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas, that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.

Only one place I know on earth that fits that description of making foreign merchants rich . . . and it is not an denomination. Remember, the beast and the harlot are separate in the beginning (chapter 13) but are together for the end (chapter 17, 18).