Please Pray For Me

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I am so depressed. I have a mood disorder, and right now I'm having a crisis. It's because I'm being rejected at another website. It is so painful. I made a mistake on Sunday and posted a threat agianst myelf, and now my posts are being screened, and many of them rejected. And they even deleted a word from a Bible verse I quoted because it contained a word that is used in a sinful manner nowadays. It was the Word of God I was quoting. They've stifled me. I promised I wouldn't post anything like what I posted on Sunday, again, but still the constraints become more and more severe. Now I can't even post instant messages anymore. I feel so rejected. I can't quit crying. God's people can't accept me. Just because I have a mood disorder I have no control over. They say that Christians are the only ones who shoot their wounded. I don't know if it's true, but it feels that way tonight. Can I help it if I've ben dealt this hand?Can someone with diabetes help it if they have diabetes? Can a cripple help it if they can't walk? I don't feel like I belong anyplace in this world, or in the Christian community. Please pray for me.

Sheryl

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

Praying.

If you need help, please get it. There is no shame or sin in receiving counseling (best done with a reputable Christian counselor) or medication for things like mood disorders. I've struggled with depression of various kinds, and sometimes I do need antidepressants. As I said, there's no shame in it! You can't help what hand you've been dealt, but you CAN decide what you're going to do with it (with God's guidance, of course).

Remember that you are a beautiful child of God. God will NEVER fail you, no matter how often we imperfect humans do. No one is perfect but He. Forgive others as you yourself have also been forgiven.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  8

Praying.

If you need help, please get it. There is no shame or sin in receiving counseling (best done with a reputable Christian counselor) or medication for things like mood disorders. I've struggled with depression of various kinds, and sometimes I do need antidepressants. As I said, there's no shame in it! You can't help what hand you've been dealt, but you CAN decide what you're going to do with it (with God's guidance, of course).

Remember that you are a beautiful child of God. God will NEVER fail you, no matter how often we imperfect humans do. No one is perfect but He. Forgive others as you yourself have also been forgiven.

Thanks Tryssa,

I'm already on medication. I take two (different) anti-depressants, and a mood stablizer. I can't afford counseling. But I'm involved in Dialectical Behavior Therapy, and it helps.

Sheryl

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  196
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  08/09/1972

I'll be praying for you too. I feel very sorry about what happened to you at the other website.

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  539
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,796
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  224
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

:emot-pray::):24: we cant control the actions or words of others but we can love each other anf forgive each other if we dont act as well as we should ..at least that way we dont have to carry extra guilt for holding onto grudges.

Let it go if you can and move on . The peope who have hurt you may be acting with the best of intent in their own eyes and it is very hard to always see the hurt we deal others on boards such as these ...it is in the end just typed words on a screen.

Come and join in the fun in fellowship hall and read Gods word in so many other forums and see if we can help you to feel the love that God would have us all show each other :24::noidea:

• Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  864
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  04/22/1954

:emot-pray::)

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,075
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Days Won:  3

:rolleyes:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  880
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Let it go! Stop going over and over it in your thoughts. We all make many mistakes. Just come here and make new friends here. It will work out.

And you have more control than you know. A part of the fruit of the Spirit is self control. The Holy Spirit can produce fruit rather you have a mood disorder or not. Instead of concentrating on what has happened that makes you feel so low, on purpose begin to think on something else! You will be so surprised at how much it will make a difference. Think about how good it feels to take a walk. Think about a favorite anything! Think about what is good in your life. Just simply TAKE CONTROL of your mind. It is yours. It does not belong to anyone else. Help yourself all you can. You will be amazed at how the Holy Spirit will help you as you attempt to control your thinking. And you will FEEL better!

God really does turn all things to our good if we are called according to his purpose. Hang in there and watch it all get better............

• 2 months later...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  19
  • Birthday:  01/29/1954

I am so depressed. I have a mood disorder, and right now I'm having a crisis. It's because I'm being rejected at another website. It is so painful. I made a mistake on Sunday and posted a threat agianst myelf, and now my posts are being screened, and many of them rejected. And they even deleted a word from a Bible verse I quoted because it contained a word that is used in a sinful manner nowadays. It was the Word of God I was quoting. They've stifled me. I promised I wouldn't post anything like what I posted on Sunday, again, but still the constraints become more and more severe. Now I can't even post instant messages anymore. I feel so rejected. I can't quit crying. God's people can't accept me. Just because I have a mood disorder I have no control over. They say that Christians are the only ones who shoot their wounded. I don't know if it's true, but it feels that way tonight. Can I help it if I've ben dealt this hand?Can someone with diabetes help it if they have diabetes? Can a cripple help it if they can't walk? I don't feel like I belong anyplace in this world, or in the Christian community. Please pray for me.

Sheryl

Hi Sheryl

I have a mood disorder, too. But every time it sticks its ugly head up, I go back to Jesus. If the "Our Father" is the only prayer you can manage, pray that over and over again for your various feelings, and for every person you care about. Just remember, Sheryl, our mood disorders are the reality of us being sinners, but that is not God's will for us. His will is of power, and love, and A SOUND MIND. And I'm getting more whole every year, with Jesus. His will is complete wholeness for us.

Yours in Christ

soshine