• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/23/1970

This is why we have to be so careful about this stuff. Here is a beautiful sister (Angelique) who is struggling with her Wiccan past, and things like Biblical numerology can be a real stumbling block for some people. Angelique, one thing you must know is the enemy has taken things that are of God and twisted them for his own use. Don't allow such things to make you stumble in your walk with our precious Lord. There are certain numbers in the Bible that are significant, but I have not seen it to the point that some of the other posters have made it into. I don't see anywhere in the Bible where all the numbers from 1 to 15 are significant. Whether or not they are, it is not so important that it should cause anyone to stumble.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

The caution when approaching a text using number theology, is that one must be sure that the author intended the number to have that significance. In other words, just because the number three has a deeper theological meaning in one place, does not necessarily follow that it has that same meaning in all places it is used

This is exactly true. The "typology of numbers" does not always have deeper theological significance. Sometimes a number is just a number.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  06/24/1968

The caution when approaching a text using number theology, is that one must be sure that the author intended the number to have that significance. In other words, just because the number three has a deeper theological meaning in one place, does not necessarily follow that it has that same meaning in all places it is used

:rolleyes: I know how to do numerology. Exactly how is this different?? Numbers have meaning and significance. Is the difference in the meaning of the numbers???? :blink:

What do you mean when you say you know how to "do numerology".

Ummm, I really really don't want to sidetrack the topic but to answer your question, I have studied numerology and am quite good at it which is why I'm trying to get the difference. :taped: :taped: :taped:

.... but to answer your question, I have studied numerology and am quite good at it which is why I'm trying to get the difference. :th_praying::):blink:

:)

If It Leads Only To The Lord Jesus Christ = It Is Good

If It Points Anywhere Else = It Is Bad

One

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Way

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Proverbs 17:17

One

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Hebrews 12:2

Name

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Acts 4:12

One

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:16

LORD

Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

Deuteronomy 6:4

One

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

John 1:1-3

Assurance

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Jude 1:24-25

Only One

Be Blessed Beloved Of The LORD

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.

Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. Psalms 19:14