IGNORED

Christian Metal

Atonement

Christian Metal  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Should Christian metal be apart of the Church (Belivers) life?

• I do not see a problem with it
    • It should not be in a believers life
    • I do not like metal music all together
    • It's okay but watch out for the lyrics

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Well it's really not my job to judge what should and should not be in any Christian's life. I have just experienced that Christian music, regardless of genre, can be just as worldly as secular music. Again, it's not just about the lyrics.

Sure you're not possibly getting things around the wrong way there by accident?

God gives us the ability to create music, something that is really beautiful. However, he didn't limit this gift solely to Christians - hence secular music will share musical characteristics with Christian music just as much as the other way round.

Again, I'm particularly curious regarding your comment in that area - "Again, it's not just about the lyrics."

Is it the musical style - like the resemblance between sacred Baroque and Vivaldi's secular works?

Actually the first secular musical arrangements borrowed elements of "religious music." Music was, in fact, invented for praise, and most of the earliest significant advances in music happened in the church. So, yes, in one sense music was originally "Christian."

As far as Vivaldi vs Baroque styles are concerned, of course we don't consider Vivaldi today as problematic. It's just "classical" music. However, in that era it most certainly was considered problematic for those who held that music should be purely for the worship of God.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  154
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  09/26/1976

Yeah...my contention is that we should be reclaiming ground through the creation of the highest standard of music, regardless of the particular instrumental genre.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  444
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/29/1966

:whistling: Low in the grave He lay,

Jesus my Savior,

Waiting the coming day,

Jesus my Lord!

Refrain:

Up from the grave He arose,

With a mighty triumph o

• Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  444
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/29/1966

I hear the Savior say,

Edited by P_Joseph

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  154
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  09/26/1976

:emot-hug: Low in the grave He lay,

Jesus my Savior,

Waiting the coming day,

Jesus my Lord!

Refrain:

Up from the grave He arose,

With a mighty triumph o’er His foes,

He arose a Victor from the dark domain,

And He lives forever, with His saints to reign.

He arose! He arose!

Hallelujah! Christ arose!

Vainly they watch His bed,

Jesus my Savior;

Vainly they seal the dead,

Jesus my Lord!

Death cannot keep its Prey,

Jesus my Savior;

He tore the bars away,

Jesus my Lord! :whistling:

By Rob Lowry

Now thats some lyrics!

Your friend in Christ joe John 3:30

I agree! Also, I love the music of that hymn...it really rocks, in my humble opinion. Very strong music.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

I dont see anything wrong with heavy metal god has given us each gifts to use some have the gift of music so i say use the gift if it is winning souls into the kingdom

a long time ago music especialy rock was looked down on by the oldies in the 40 and 50 it was seen as the devils music and its seen by some today as seductive to the point where some christians feel that we should not be doing what we do in church today

for example i was told that raising our hands clapping and dancing gets god angry

i could not believe what i was hearing as i play the guitar my self and i play diffrent styles of worship i like playing rock i like playing heavy metal and i can play classical stuff on the guitar its just the way i am and this is how i am able to express my self

i grew up around music and i also grew up listening to guys play from my own country i love what is comming out of croatia today there are some good bands and i love hearing my people sing and i love hearing the new tunes that are comming out of yugoslavia

i listen to heavy metal and soft heavy metal and rock thoug not many good bands have come out and the music that is played today by some of the local christian artists needs to improve

the best band i liked was stryper i have the orgional songs on record and the double album on cd

hear are some old heavy metal bands i listen to

1978 Resurection band also called Rez

1981 Jerusalem warrior this band is from canada and pumps out some good hard rock tunes that reach an audiance normal church folk cant

1983 Stryper

most of the christian heavy metal bands where comming up from the underground and there was a need for this new movement and as a result the term christian heavy metal was born

Saint warriors of the son this band shows heavy metal lover that it can rock just as good as Judas priest

Sanctuary

the rock and roll fefuge

a lot of people came to know christ through christian metal unfortunantely the ones that gave their lives to god threw these bands where not welcome in many churches but were kicked out because of their long hair and diffrent style

pastor Bob Beeman started up the ministry Sanctuary through sanctuary christian rock n rollers fianly had a home and a church that understood and not condemned first worship leader in sanctuary was michael sweet of stryper then Jim Laverd the baseplayer of Barren cross took over as worship leader and lead the worship in Sancuary for many years through out the years thousands of metal heads have come to know christ and grown in faith through the ministry of Sanctuary

today churches only meet the needs for one certain group and its no wonder the young are flocking to whear there needs will be met

the catholic church has seen this and always gets mad at guys like my self who are able to meet the needs they cant

churches today would rather stick to the dark old days where people are robbots and you do as the parish priest says and its only old hyms that are played

the music we play is mixed and the older generation in our church has gotten use to the way we do things

we have 3 services and a youth service on saturday and threw our services the worship leader and us guys who play musical instruments are always looking at bringing in new styles off worship we dont play hyms like we use to instead we play a fair bit of the new stuff and when the youth lead they bring in their own style

also where i am living know we have a young heavy metal band that is very gifted and these young people are winning souls into the kingdom

Recon

Deliverance

Holy soldier

Guardian

Believer

Seventh angel

Vengence rising

mortification

christian rock bands

Bride

Blood good

petra

and i can go on i love music and i am very open minded music does something to the soul it relaxes it i have music playing all the time in my home and i also love playing the guitar

intresting what has been said in this topic that is all that i am saying

God bless from damo

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Ovedya - I think we are dealing with an issue of Personal preference.

How can you call it leaven? What makes Christian metal sinful or