IGNORED

Left Behind - will there be a "Rapture"?

ParanoidAndroid

Questions of the Rapture  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Is the Rapture a biblical concept?

• Yes - 1 Thessalonians is clear on the issue!
    • No - the lack of historical evidence for early belief implies that this is not a biblical concept!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/25/1962

Oh one more thing, I was harping on you to give me your sources and I forgot to list mine. so here they are.

1. Strongs Greek and hebrew dictionary.

2. Usage Number: 1

Strong's Number: <G726>

Original Word: ἁρπάζω, harpazō

Usage Notes: "to snatch or catch away," is said of the act of the Spirit of the Lord in regard to Philip in Acts 8:39; of Paul in being "caught" up to paradise, 2 Cor. 12:2, 4; of the Rapture of the saints at the return of the Lord, 1 Thess. 4:17; of the rapture of the man child in the vision of Rev. 12:5. This verb conveys the idea of force suddenly exercised, as in Matt. 11:12, "take (it) by force;" Matt. 12:29, "spoil" (some mss. have diarpazō here); in Matt. 13:19, RV, "snatcheth;" for forceful seizure, see also John 6:15; John 10:12, 28, 29; Acts 23:10; in Jude 1:23, RV, "snatching." See PLUCK, PULL, SNATCH, TAKE (by force).

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.95
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Oh one more thing, I was harping on you to give me your sources and I forgot to list mine. so here they are.

Usage Notes: "to snatch or catch away," is said of the act of the Spirit of the Lord in regard to Philip in Acts 8:39; of Paul in being "caught" up to paradise, 2 Cor. 12:2, 4; of the Rapture of the saints at the return of the Lord, 1 Thess. 4:17; of the rapture of the man child in the vision of Rev. 12:5. This verb conveys the idea of force suddenly exercised, as in Matt. 11:12, "take (it) by force;" Matt. 12:29, "spoil" (some mss. have diarpazō here); in Matt. 13:19, RV, "snatcheth;" for forceful seizure, see also John 6:15; John 10:12, 28, 29; Acts 23:10; in Jude 1:23, RV, "snatching." See PLUCK, PULL, SNATCH, TAKE (by force).

Brothers,

I don't have anything against anyone here, You are free to believe what you wish. And as far as joe goes, I was just teasing him about being on a thread pretending to be a cadet on a starship. But this last thing I say; " May God choose the correct doctrine concerning the rapture, and may He prosper the correct doctrine, and may the false doctrine be stopped in it's tracks.

Amen

Brothers,

I don't have anything against anyone here, You are free to believe what you wish. And as far as joe goes, I was just teasing him about being on a thread pretending to be a cadet on a starship. But this last thing I say; " May God choose the correct doctrine concerning the rapture, and may He prosper the correct doctrine, and may the false doctrine be stopped in it's tracks.

Amen

:noidea::38::thumbsup:

I Know Dear Brother :thumbsup::emot-hug::emot-hug:

:)

(IMO)

The Greatest Thing About The Rapture Is Not When It Will Happen But WHO We Are Raptured To - To The Physical Presence Of The LORD

The Astonishing Fact About The Rapture Is Not A Date On Some Calender But The Date The Saints Have With Their LORD Jesus

And This Becomes Even More Astonishing To Me When I Read The Elders Knew About The Resurrection And Believed Too

And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

Jude 1:14-15

Even Cleaving To The Promise Of The Physical Resurrection Into The Presence Of The LORD God Redeemer

For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.

Job 19:25-27

That Just Blows Me Away!

And To Think I Thought I Was Such A Smarty With My "New" Testament Knowledge :wub::24::24:

God Is Good

God Is Faithful

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

Joel 2:32

And Salvation Is His Name

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.

Jeremiah 15:16

Yeshua HaMashiach (Jesus the Messiah) My LORD And My God

Amen

My Wife Thinks The Rapture Will Kick Off The Last Seven Years On Israels Clock - And She Trusts Jesus

I Don't Know But I Think We Could Be Into Those Last Seven Years And I Think We Will Be Resurrected Or Translated Into Our Eternal Physical Bodies As Christ Returns To Jerusalem - And I Trust Jesus

So The Two Of Us Look Up And Trust The LORD And Rejoice In Him Together

Hallelujah

Be Blessed Beloved Of The LORD

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.

Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. 1 Thessalonians 4:14

Brothers,

Amen

This is why we have emoticons. Using them makes it easy to understand one's motives in one's words. I'm sure you wouldn't be surprised at the amount of verbal attacks that occur on any forum. I'm sorry my ESP didn't pick up on your "teasing." :emot-hug:

Brothers,

Amen

This is why we have emoticons. Using them makes it easy to understand one's motives in one's words. I'm sure you wouldn't be surprised at the amount of verbal attacks that occur on any forum. I'm sorry my ESP didn't pick up on your "teasing." :emot-hug:

Thank you Branden, that is good advise, I will try to remember to use emotioncons in the future. :emot-heartbeat:

Ya, it's too bad they don't have a sarcasm one, huh? :emot-hug: