IGNORED

Left Behind - will there be a "Rapture"?

ParanoidAndroid

Questions of the Rapture  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Is the Rapture a biblical concept?

• Yes - 1 Thessalonians is clear on the issue!
    • No - the lack of historical evidence for early belief implies that this is not a biblical concept!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/25/1962

:cool:

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  591
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/27/1979

But this last thing I say; " May God choose the correct doctrine concerning the rapture, and may He prosper the correct doctrine, and may the false doctrine be stopped in it's tracks.

Amen

I think sometimes God leaves these things unanswered because they are not really relevant. Whether there really is a pre-trib rapture or not is not really going to affect any single one of us unless the day comes that it happens. And on that day (if it happens), I hope to be one of those "caught up". It's only if I don't get caught up that the problems will start, but as far as I know, not believing in a pre-trib rapture is not a requirement for salvation and the first Fruits. Then again, if it doesn't happen (as I have given my views previously), then no harm done. Whatever the case, we live our lives for Christ, fully and wholly for him alone.

Amen, spiritman :runforhills:

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

But this last thing I say; " May God choose the correct doctrine concerning the rapture, and may He prosper the correct doctrine, and may the false doctrine be stopped in it's tracks.

Amen

I think sometimes God leaves these things unanswered because they are not really relevant. Whether there really is a pre-trib rapture or not is not really going to affect any single one of us unless the day comes that it happens. And on that day (if it happens), I hope to be one of those "caught up". It's only if I don't get caught up that the problems will start, but as far as I know, not believing in a pre-trib rapture is not a requirement for salvation and the first Fruits. Then again, if it doesn't happen (as I have given my views previously), then no harm done. Whatever the case, we live our lives for Christ, fully and wholly for him alone.

Amen, spiritman :blink:

I disagree. If one believes with all their heart that they will not be here on earth for any great tribulation. What do you suppose they would say if suddenly they found themselves in the middle of the exact opposite of what they have been taught or believed with all their heart. Especially if there was a man here on earth who was doing wonderful fantastic things and calling Christ a lier.

There are many Christians who are sufficiently rooted and grounded in Christ who would say "Well I guess I was wrong." and deal with what they have been handed. But there are many millions of Christians who will not be so grounded and would fall to the way side believing that they have been lied to because they were taught that God made them a promise that He didn't keep.

I believe that what one believes about the end times will dictate their reaction to when the end times events happen.

This is why the bible says "Iniquity (lawwlessness of Gods laws) shall abound so much so that the love of many shall wax cold". This scripture is speaking of the down fall or backsliding of many Christians. This is why the bible says that "many are called but few are chosen". Because the number of back sliders will be in the millions. This is why in 2 Thess 2:3 says "Let no man decieve you by any means: for that day shall not come, exept there come a falling away first, (departure from the faith) and that man of sin be revealed the son of perdition," (to take away eternal life)

I have just listed three places where the word of God is speaking about a great many Christians who will be losing their love for Christ and backsliding which will condemn them the eternal torment. Which also shows us how God is so concerned about how and what we believe about the end times that He is giving us warnings about how and what we believe because He doesn't want any of us to turn from Him for any reason because He loves us.

To say that what we believe about the end times are not "relevant" is not what the word of God teaches. There is nothing about about the word of God that is "not relevant".

It is better to believe that you be in a great tribulation and find lawlessnessyour deceiveexpertself in one then to believe you won't be here for a great tribulation and find your self in one.

And I were to believe that I will be in a great tribulation and suddenly find myself standing before the thrown of God having never gone through a great tribulation I would consider it a blessing that I was wrong and no harm done.

^So if I believe in Jesus as my Lord and King, Trust in him with all of my being, Submit to His will in all things, repent of my sins, and live my life for Jesus alone, eagerly await the Return of the Lord, and fully believe that he will one day come to Judge the Living and the Dead....... but don't hold a pre-trib Rapture belief, then I'll be left behind if it happens. That doesn't sound like the God I know.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.95
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

PA, just because you don't believe in the pre-Trib Rapture doesn't mean that you will be left behind when it happens. The belief in a Rapture is not a requirement for salvation, as you know. You will just be very, very surprised in your good blessing. :rolleyes:

PA, just because you don't believe in the pre-Trib Rapture doesn't mean that you will be left behind when it happens. The belief in a Rapture is not a requirement for salvation, as you know. You will just be very, very surprised in your good blessing. :emot-highfive:
thanks. I was just addressing massorite, who I thought was telling me that beleif in pre-trib Rapture was a requirement to be part of the Rapture.

Though as I said, I'm not a pre-trib man, so it's all good, anyway :) Cheers, mate.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

^So if I believe in Jesus as my Lord and King, Trust in him with all of my being, Submit to His will in all things, repent of my sins, and live my life for Jesus alone, eagerly await the Return of the Lord, and fully believe that he will one day come to Judge the Living and the Dead....... but don't hold a pre-trib Rapture belief, then I'll be left behind if it happens. That doesn't sound like the God I know.

It is not the God you know Paranoid. The God you know doesn't teach a pre-trib rapture.

The Bible leads me to believe that there is a pre-Trib Rapture. We read the same Word and have the same Lord. It is all a matter of understanding and/or interpretation. Just my opinion. :)

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/25/1962

The Bible leads me to believe that there is a pre-Trib Rapture. We read the same Word and have the same Lord. It is all a matter of understanding and/or interpretation. Just my opinion. :24:

Branden welcome to the truth my brother :24:

The Bible leads me to believe that there is a pre-Trib Rapture. We read the same Word and have the same Lord. It is all a matter of understanding and/or interpretation. Just my opinion. :24:

Branden welcome to the truth my brother :24:

Your truth as you understand it or biblical truth as I understand it? :24: